logo
Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by N2RYD
Rochester,New York
Joined Jan 2006
107 Posts
Coroplast material

Guys,

I want to get in to fommies so I can flex my fingers and not destroy my big planes.

I have alot of coroplast from a plane that was sent to me to finish building it to a local flyer.

I was thinking of building fomies planes out of this material, but is this the wrong direction to go? Any help would be great. I was going to buy the stuff at Toledo when I am there.

Bob
N2RYD is offline Find More Posts by N2RYD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by Toro
Joined Jan 2006
2,431 Posts
Re: Coroplast material

yep... this material is to heavy for small electrics. You'd be best building a S.P.A.D out of this (Simple Plastic Airframe Design). It can be accomplished with a 40 size engine a 3x3 piece of coroplast, and a piece of plastic rain gutter. If you want to go electric go to depron USA and order up a case of depron and make foamies for pennies on the dollar. If your lucky enough to live by a lowes you can get some DOW blue fanfold insulation foam, and build as many airplanes as you want out of that. The biggest thing with foamies is they have to be light, and powerful.

Let us know if you have any other ?'s.

T
Toro is offline Find More Posts by Toro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply