logo
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by JIMZACH
WELLINGTON,FLORIDA USA
Joined Mar 2006
567 Posts
Hey guys, I had a quick question. I just got my set of Pro Flows today for my DA-200. They are some of the nicest cans ive ever had, workmanship and material quality is phenomanal! The only thing that concerns me is it seems like the baffling plate is loose, when i hold the can at one end and tap the other it sounds like somthin is loose and vibrating inside the can. However, if i insert a dowel down to the baffle plate...its solid as a rock. Has anyone else encountered this tingy vibraty soundy thingy ??? Is this a normal sound on theese cans, or is there an unforseen force working in the midst of my new canisters... any help and insight would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks, Zach
JIMZACH is offline Find More Posts by JIMZACH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Hi Zach, PM sent. The sound is a transfer tube passing through a bulkhead that prolly has about .005 more clearance than it should. After some fuel and oil is burned it should be fine. But as always I want everyone as happy as possible. Please check it after about 20 flights and let me know.

Thanks Zach.

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 02-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble9503 View Post
OK, just started my 3w-200 for the first time on Pro Flows. All I can say is the sound is amazing. Too cold to mess outside for long but power and transition seems better. I have actually run this engine on MTW and PEFA canisters, neither can touch the sound of the Pro Flows!!!!!

Great Job Dave.

Dave if you would like I will try and get some Video for you since I couldn't find any videos of the 3W-200 on your cans?
I would love some Video also some pictures if you can take a few of your instalation of the Canisters on the 3W-200.

Thank You!

Planebender
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMZACH View Post
Hey guys, I had a quick question. I just got my set of Pro Flows today for my DA-200. They are some of the nicest cans ive ever had, workmanship and material quality is phenomanal! The only thing that concerns me is it seems like the baffling plate is loose, when i hold the can at one end and tap the other it sounds like somthin is loose and vibrating inside the can. However, if i insert a dowel down to the baffle plate...its solid as a rock. Has anyone else encountered this tingy vibraty soundy thingy ??? Is this a normal sound on theese cans, or is there an unforseen force working in the midst of my new canisters... any help and insight would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks, Zach
Hi.
DA-200 on proflows are awesome. I have them on my ulti, and it sounds and perform awesome
Hope you post some pics and video.
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
I should have some Video of the new GP-176 on Pro Flow Canisters tomorrow. This is one sweet motor and is very well made. I designed a new Back plate so now the Bolt pattern is the same as DA and also we are making exhaust transfer plates that will allow the use of DA-170 Headers with a drop of only 1/4".

Planebender
Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Told ya you'd like it. It has the sweetest mid range I have seen on any of the big engines that I have used.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
50cc canister out for delivery todayI told the old lady that I would be in the garage all night getting the 89 ready to fly tomorrow.I cant wait to fly this thing with a proflow,I also picked up a Vess 27b stealth prop to try.58 degrees,sunshine & ESE winds at 8 mph.It will be a very nice Saturday indeed.
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
Told ya you'd like it. It has the sweetest mid range I have seen on any of the big engines that I have used.
Can't wait. I will fire it today and post on the 176/88 thread along with pictures. Thanks Doug.

Planebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post
50cc canister out for delivery todayI told the old lady that I would be in the garage all night getting the 89 ready to fly tomorrow.I cant wait to fly this thing with a proflow,I also picked up a Vess 27b stealth prop to try.58 degrees,sunshine & ESE winds at 8 mph.It will be a very nice Saturday indeed.
Nothing makes me happier than someone excited to go flying!!!
Have Fun Man

Planebender
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by robbinsp
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Sep 2009
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebender View Post
Can't wait. I will fire it today and post on the 176/88 thread along with pictures. Thanks Doug.

Planebender

Nothing makes me happier than someone excited to go flying!!!
Have Fun Man

Planebender

YES work whenever, fly forever.
robbinsp is offline Find More Posts by robbinsp
Old 02-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by anders e
Joined Jan 2008
2,257 Posts
Dave, i cant wait for your video.
I'm only need a header before i can finish my edge/GP-88. But maybe i fire it up with stock exhaust sunday wile i'm waiting.

I'm a kid when it comes to rc-airplanes
anders e is offline Find More Posts by anders e
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbinsp View Post
YES work whenever, fly forever.
True That!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by oalhindi
Joined Dec 2010
838 Posts
Hi,

I have one of those flexible header. and i saw couple of pictures of people wrapping them with white material cause they say it will leak eventually ! is that true ?
do I have to do that and if yes what are they wrapping it with ?

thanks
oalhindi is offline Find More Posts by oalhindi
Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by Rumble9503
Landing Gear Stress Tester
United States, VA, Collinsville
Joined Oct 2010
158 Posts
Usually wrapped with Teflon tape. The will leak a little through the flex part over time.
Rumble9503 is offline Find More Posts by Rumble9503
Old 02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
Dave,I flew the 89 Slick today with the ProFlow & I was amazed!After a tiny bit of leaning out on the low end it transitioned like never before,no gurgles at all.The top end picked up some rpms,I didnt have a tach with me but it was an audible gain.Combined with a Vess 23b carbon prop my DLE 55 performed like never beforeThe sound is just amazing,very deep & throaty,reminds me of a street legal drag car exhaust system.I was very impressed with the idle & low rpms,very quiet by comparison(it did have a TBM Chinese canister on it before)
If anyone is considering getting one of these like I was for the past few months,all I can say is it's worth every penny.Dont wait any longer,ProFlow cans are the S%^t!!!!!!
Thanks for a great product Dave
Perry
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Last edited by yakwards; 02-18-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Franke21m
Suspended Account
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2010
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakwards View Post
Dave,I flew the 89 Slick today with the ProFlow & I was amazed!After a tiny bit of leaning out on the low end it transitioned like never before,no gurgles at all.The top end picked up some rpms,I didnt have a tach with me but it was an audible gain.Combined with a Vess 27b carbon prop my DLE 55 performed like never beforeThe sound is just amazing,very deep & throaty,reminds me of a street legal drag car exhaust system.I was very impressed with the idle & low rpms,very quiet by comparison(it did have a TBM Chinese canister on it before)
If anyone is considering getting one of these like I was for the past few months,all I can say is it's worth every penny.Dont wait any longer,ProFlow cans are the S%^t!!!!!!
Thanks for a great product Dave
Perry
If you like it now, try it with the right prop. I run a 27B on my Dle111.
Franke21m is offline Find More Posts by Franke21m
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply