logo
Old 01-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Evansville Indiana
Joined Feb 2006
583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwelzel View Post
I did my initial measurement at the wing tip. As I've been trying different configurations I've been doing it next to the fuse.. I figure that will get me in the ballpark then I'll go back to the wingtip.
When I initially set the CG on mine I was using the 2 3/4" - 3 3/4" from the LE of the wing at the fuse. The plane was really tail heavy. When I looked at the picture in the manual and saw that the measurement was measured at the wing tip and not at the fuse it came out spot on. I currently have mine at 3 1/2".
zippi is offline Find More Posts by zippi
Old 01-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Flyin' Around
Joined Jan 2015
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippi View Post
When I initially set the CG on mine I was using the 2 3/4" - 3 3/4" from the LE of the wing at the fuse. The plane was really tail heavy. When I looked at the picture in the manual and saw that the measurement was measured at the wing tip and not at the fuse it came out spot on. I currently have mine at 3 1/2".
Interestingly, I threw the wings on the CG point as measured from the wing tip lines up roughly the wing tube or just ahead of it, so I would think balancing using the tube would work.

But I was wrong. I had a configuration that balanced using the wing tube method, threw on the wings and no go.

However, I did manage to move things around a bit with the wings on and think I got.. at least close enough to see how it flies. I just moved one pack to the center of the plane, see attached.
dwelzel is offline Find More Posts by dwelzel
Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2009
74 Posts

I balanced mine on the tube and it flies nice. Extremely neutral.
pferg is offline Find More Posts by pferg
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2014
235 Posts

Hey guys I'm about to get these lipos

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/TP6600-6SL55

They are 1000 grams each bit I was flying with 950 grams a pack already for 60c and 500mah (turnigy heavy duty packs) .

Now these packs are 55c and 6600mah just for 100grams more total weight? Any thoughts about it? I don't fly 3d I'm just a sport flyer doing stupid trick in the air
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY