logo
Old 01-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by MrFollies
Joined Feb 2010
987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaihunt View Post
Hello everyone. Beautiful day for a fly today..... But I'm working that is all
Was at the field at 7am to get my first flights of the year in.
Weather was great here in Brissy this morning. Just wish I did more flying and less yabbering to my mates at the field.

Was impressed to see a kid (12ish?) knife edging a boomerang with relative sucesss (rudder too small to hold it indefinitely). Two flights later he literally flew the wings off it. Wing disintergrated just right of the wing tube. Told his dad he was ready for the next plane. ;-)
MrFollies is offline Find More Posts by MrFollies
Last edited by MrFollies; 01-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by timbo0279
would rather be flying..
Joined Oct 2009
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieaero's View Post
Hey Timbo, Sometimes you just have to treat these forums like a comic book funny to read but most of it is written with out fact. I personally have faith in the MAAA and the state bodies to keep us safe in all aspects of our hobby. I have not read anything on here that will stop me from running Comps and or enjoying my flying. Just think about your big Kick asse Decathlon and the fun you had doing the maiden
I know what you mean about the forums Mike... but its not just that..

This hobby has formed the majority of my recreation time (and my two young boys) in a pretty hectic schedule... and I have always enjoyed flying with friends and fellow pilots.. but clubs and the like have become more trouble than they are worth (in my opinion...) and I have been persuing flying time a long way from home and many times on my own... flying is great.. but the social side of things is almost as important for me... and all of this regulatory arguing, noise issues and political crap really take the shine off things in my opinion....

I may be showing my age.. but I remember when we used to go flying and then stand around talking about model aeroplanes, not stand around around bickering about this rule and that rule or having to fight for your right to enjoy your pride and joy...

If I am going to enjoy my flying time on my own.. I may aswell do it in a real aeroplane and not have any hassles or keep looking over my shoulder to try and see who is watching...

and for the record.. I do have a gold wings rating... and I dont do public displays...
timbo0279 is offline Find More Posts by timbo0279
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by jaihunt
Australia, NT, Darwin
Joined Feb 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo0279 View Post

This hobby has formed the majority of my recreation time (and my two young boys) in a pretty hectic schedule... and I have always enjoyed flying with friends and fellow pilots.. but clubs and the like have become more trouble than they are worth (in my opinion...) and I have been persuing flying time a long way from home and many times on my own... flying is great.. but the social side of things is almost as important for me... and all of this regulatory arguing, noise issues and political crap really take the shine off things in my opinion....

I may be showing my age.. but I remember when we used to go flying and then stand around talking about model aeroplanes, not stand around around bickering about this rule and that rule or having to fight for your right to enjoy your pride and joy...

If I am going to enjoy my flying time on my own.. I may aswell do it in a real aeroplane and not have any hassles or keep looking over my shoulder to try and see who is watching...

and for the record.. I do have a gold wings rating... and I dont do public displays...
If people start talking about politics there is always an option to tell them to shut the **** up and **** off?? I tend to take that approach and it works for me
jaihunt is offline Find More Posts by jaihunt
Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Find More Posts by Aussieaero's
Now I can see it
Joined Mar 2007
615 Posts
Quote:

I hear what your saying Tim and I think it is the same in most clubs where ever you go.
To many people join a club and forget why they joined, not to fly model planes and have some fun but feel they have to get involved in the politics and fix the club.
The secret is to pick your times and the people you fly with. At our local club the aeroplane police are always gone by 1-2pm so we head out about then. Most of the guys flying giant scale know this and we have a great afternoons flying.
Now you are over in WA I would go flying with the Smurf He will protect you from all the evil elements
Aussieaero's is offline Find More Posts by Aussieaero's
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by lee1093
Katherine, Northern Territory, Australia
Joined Dec 2006
547 Posts
Hey Timbo its not showing your age at all, Iam just about twice your age and in my life experience Dickheads have existed in any thing I have done, see them for what they are and just get on with having fun, cos very soon those young boys will be all grown up and we sorely need them in our sport. F#$k all the other "wouldn't cha reckons" and "whatifs" we only got one very short life and I will not be wasting it dealing with dumb c^$*s, If you just think positive all the time and move forward other like minded people seem to follow and its all good.
MATE!! Move up here Iam tellin yas
KMAC ROCKS, It is most definetly a SOC free flying club
lee1093 is offline Find More Posts by lee1093
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
start packing some heat with you at the field! maybe then they will leave you alone!
Bam Bam is offline Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by Richo
Reliving the dream!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
3,088 Posts
Wear a dress!!! I bet most of them will leave you completely alone!
Richo is offline Find More Posts by Richo
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Find More Posts by Richo
Reliving the dream!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
3,088 Posts
I think we should start talking about oil and transmitters!! My oils beter than your oil, and my transmitter is flasher than yours!!! Nah, nah, nah , nah!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
Wear a dress AND a boner! That'll really scare em!
Bam Bam is offline Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 PM
would rather be flying..
Joined Oct 2009
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Got one I can borrow Richo???
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Now I can see it
Joined Mar 2007
615 Posts
Quote:
I bet it worked for you!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM
would rather be flying..
Joined Oct 2009
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
start packing some heat with you at the field! maybe then they will leave you alone!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
Scarface - Say Hello To My Little Friend (HD) (0 min 23 sec)
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Find More Posts by Richo
Reliving the dream!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Got one I can borrow Richo???
Absolutly!! My shoes are not available though
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by Richo
Reliving the dream!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieaero's View Post
I bet it worked for you!!!!!!
Come on!!!! Like you have never wore a frock
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Now I can see it
Joined Mar 2007
615 Posts
Quote:
I think we should start talking about oil and transmitters!! My oils beter than your oil, and my transmitter is flasher than yours!!! Nah, nah, nah , nah!
I don't put oil in my transmitter!!!

Quick Reply