RcwBone is offline Find More Posts by RcwBone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
they are all nice...which is why you have to have more than one...
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 08-23-2015, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
You will find that Yaks will respond quicker and with more authority from the stick.
There will be little to no coupling in a knife edge,knife edge loops are very easy,as are vertical figure eights.I been trying to fly other planes like Edges and MX's but miss not having a Yak,there is no other plane that flies like a Yak.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 08-23-2015, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by Dnice
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2015
168 Posts
The edge is the truth

Bro, I got the pilot edge with a dle 55 about 2 months ago and am floored with how well it flys. I'm pretty new to 3d flying, because my other planes just were not capable. I tried to 3d with my other stuff and was having little success and I was always wondering if it was me or the plane. IT WAS THE PLANE!!! I swear to you it's like I doubled my skills over night. This plane has no wing rock. Tumbles well, pop tops carry a lot of energy, knife spins lock in. I tried to knife edge on the sim and it was hit or mis but this plane did it on the first try, and it was my first attempt in real life ever. Mine had a tiny bit of knife edge coupling but it was still Less than anything I'd ever flown before. I have a small mix and its on rails now. The only problem I had with the kit was some thrust line and incedence problems I had to figure out. I ended up with 3 degrees right thrust and 2 degrees up. I also had one horizontal stabilizer that had one degree of positive incedence I had to fix. Also the recommended cg was tail heavy on my plane. It would climb inverted. The end result was awesome and only took a few flight to diagnose the problems and fix em. Oh and one more thing I bought the cheapest savox servos. 0256 or something 222oz of torque. Well I've had two crap out on me so I replaced em with 100 dollar servos. Don't get those servos
Dnice is offline Find More Posts by Dnice
Old 08-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by kbailey45us
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Aug 2007
154 Posts
Got the control horns glued in today gotta wait on the mailman to do anymore. Measured the rudder horn 3000 times and still got it off about 1/16 on each side
kbailey45us is offline Find More Posts by kbailey45us
Old 08-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by closetguy
United States, OH, Berlin Heights
Joined Jul 2006
5,961 Posts
Normally I need to cross the pull cables. But on this one it work out much better to run them straight back.Sure is nice to have a round cowl plane again.I got to say this is my first Pilot airframe and so far very impressed with the build quality.
closetguy is offline Find More Posts by closetguy
Old 08-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Joined Aug 2007
154 Posts
Yeah I shouldn't notice my mess up. Is the 2 degrees of right thrust ok on this plane or does it need more? Gotta work all week and so on so it might take me a few weeks to get it done. Gotta go to the 3D Jam in Chattanooga next weekend. Haven't been in 3 or 4 yrs since I stopped flying should have a blast.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:08 PM
Find More Posts by RcwBone
Joined Jun 2015
377 Posts
I'm not sure how much rt thrust mine has. I will check in the morning and let you know. Whatever mine has it could use a tuch more.
RcwBone is offline Find More Posts by RcwBone
Old 08-23-2015, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Rapid City S.D.
Joined May 2008
1,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnpnick View Post
I run my cowl completely open with out any issue. Well any issue that I can discern.
The Only Pilot Yak I have the baffle in is my 40% with the DA 170 and pro-flow cans The two 30cc Yaks both have EME 35's, and my 30% or 50cc Pilot yak has an EME 60 have another 30%, 50cc Yak I am installing an EME 70 Twin, with the starter set up should be a great plane to mess around with.
I wish they made a better selection of the Sukhoi's. The Yak 55 is a great flying plane, but to me is the ugliest plane I have ever seen LOL!!! I guess Beauty is in the EYE of the Beholder LOL!!!
jerrysu29 is offline Find More Posts by jerrysu29
Old 08-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Joined Aug 2007
154 Posts
Yep those Yak 55's are so ugly I almost had to have one.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
Ditto but they fly so nice
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old 08-26-2015, 08:08 AM
Joined Aug 2007
154 Posts
OK ive got an important question. When I glued in my rudder control horn I must have bumped it and got it 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch further out on one side. Is that something I will be able to deal with or should I order another rudder. They are only 30 bucks and nearly 20 shipping but I don't want any problems and that's worth 50 bucks. If it's not a big deal great if it is I will order one tonight. I don't fly precision or anything but don't want my pull pull cables binding or getting slack.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by FGNewbie
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Mar 2010
6,421 Posts
Unless the geometry is exact...that is the arm on the servo is the exact distance across as the rudder arms there will be slack on one side. It has zero effect on the actual movement or effectiveness because only one side is under load. Any difference in throw can be corrected with travel adj and I doubt the difference will even be noticeable. In other words...forget about it until you set the throws.
FGNewbie is offline Find More Posts by FGNewbie
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Joined Aug 2007
154 Posts
Yeah the servo arm and control horn are the same so I should be good. As a good flying buddy that is a really good pilot just told me in a text "quit being anal and just fly it" lol
Old 08-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by TimBle
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2010
4,983 Posts
You can slit them off and then replace with a threaded stud right the way through. Hangar 9 makes hardware for the Rudder based around a threaded stud with two arms that threa onto either side. Then just add a bit of covering over the removed control horns
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle

Quick Reply