logo
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by Bdegan
Learn 1 thing new Every Day
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
1,894 Posts
I would be using them for my ailerons on a 35% Carden edge. I have a single servo on each wing.

My elevators are 7955's with no issues, and a single 7980 on the rudder which is working well.
So I wouldn't be touching them, just the two ailerons.
Bdegan is offline Find More Posts by Bdegan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by flyguy2
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
I have always had to keep my speed below half throttle strait and level with 7950s on the Dalton. The elevators and ailerons flutter terribly. I have all my other 40% planes set up the same way with 5955s and can hammer them Wide open throttle all day long with out flutter.

With 500 flight old 5955s I can flick the sticks and it instantly goes back to center very solid.

Flick the sticks on the new 7950s and they bounce back and fourth till they eventually stop at center.(like springy). I would say they don't center as solid as the old 5955s .
flyguy2 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy2
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
So where is Mr.Mayberry? How about an update on what HiTec is going to do about this problem. I have decided not to install mine till there is a solution. It's just not worth risking a new 55%er or other peoples safety.
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Old 06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
The look of disappointment in children's faces as Hitec 7950s start popping up in Happy meals and Cracker Jack boxes....? Priceless!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Why don.t we all just mail em all back and demand a full refund ! Mass qty. return.
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Tyler P
Joined Apr 2009
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy2 View Post
I have always had to keep my speed below half throttle strait and level with 7950s on the Dalton. The elevators and ailerons flutter terribly.
That's exactly what I'm experiencing with the my 100cc Carden Yak.

For me, price is an issue because I've already sunk $500 into my ailerons without results. Getting a pair of 8711s would be nice but I don't have another $400 to toss into it. I'm very upset with this whole issue as I've always used Hitecs in everything with no issues.

I sincerely hope they pick up the ball and get it sorted out. For now, I may get the new monster torque Savox steel gear servos. They're a decent price and seem to be experiencing better results at least.
Tyler P is offline Find More Posts by Tyler P
Old 06-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr View Post
Why don.t we all just mail em all back and demand a full refund ! Mass qty. return.

I really think you have a valid point here. Forget the fact you cant fly your precious toy as you would like but when it comes to putting someones safety at risk due to an unexpected seizure or flutter. Man it gets scary just thinking about how it could go wrong.

In Europe there is an organization similar to the AMA that welcomes member feedback on poor quality products. If enough members report the fault the agents selling the products have to pull it off the shelves due to trading laws.

Seems that anyone holding onto these servos from new without returning for a full refund where possible is just hoping for sunshine to break over the horizon. I'd be mighty p**** if I invested money into a product that isn't fit for purpose or doesn't full fill its requirement.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by Bdegan
Learn 1 thing new Every Day
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post
That's exactly what I'm experiencing with the my 100cc Carden Yak.

For me, price is an issue because I've already sunk $500 into my ailerons without results. Getting a pair of 8711s would be nice but I don't have another $400 to toss into it. I'm very upset with this whole issue as I've always used Hitecs in everything with no issues.

I sincerely hope they pick up the ball and get it sorted out. For now, I may get the new monster torque Savox steel gear servos. They're a decent price and seem to be experiencing better results at least.

Tyler, You have 2 8911's in stock at your store

I am almost tempted to give you a call and have you send them to me
Bdegan is offline Find More Posts by Bdegan
Old 06-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by yourko
Strings & Wings
United States, TN, Greenbrier
Joined Jan 2009
424 Posts
[QUOTE=flyguy2;1490989]I have always had to keep my speed below half throttle strait and level with 7950s on the Dalton. The elevators and ailerons flutter terribly. I have all my other 40% planes set up the same way with 5955s and can hammer them Wide open throttle all day long with out flutter.QUOTE]

Hi flyguy2
I have read this entire thread over the last two days. I commend you on bringing all the evidence you've accumulated, of the problems with the 7950TH, to the attention of the pilots here at FG as well as the Hitec staff.
I have three of the 7950 servos, as well as 40 HS7955's for my next couple of builds. I do use the Spectrum AR9100 as well as the AR9110 I used on my latest 35% Carden 540 build. I also use the "Hobbico LiFe A123 6.6v" batts in my planes, You have done your homework, and thoroughly too!!
I agree that Hitec should step up to the plate and do a fix, or do a recall. These servos aren't CHEAP!
Hitec is a great company, with wonderful products for us modelers.
I worry about the flutter you are having on your "Dalton". I can tell you have knowledge regarding setting up your linkage, geometry.... etc. However, flutter can be the single most destructive force an airframe can experience. If not caught......, 9 times out of 10 will result in an arplane being ruined.
Is your Dalton's flutter a result of the loose, twitching 7950's. Or is it a result of the hinge gap being to big, and the hinge line not being sealed? It would be such a shame to lose a beautiful Dalton to flutter.
I have always found that 6 volts is a more stable voltage to run servos at. I don't mind losing a small ammount of torque and speed in turn gaining stability at 6v.
I am returning my 3 7950's to Chief for a refund all due to this thread. I also wait with great anticipation to see how Hitec handle this...., let me see, the first post was 02/06/2009. It's now , 06/17/2011. WOW!!!!
I'll go with the glass is half full, and Hitec will do the right thing to thank, and take care of all their loyal customers.
COME ON HITEC...., show us you care!
Once again flyguy2....., great job!!!!!
yourko is offline Find More Posts by yourko
Last edited by yourko; 06-17-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
[quote=yourko;1491296]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy2 View Post
I have always had to keep my speed below half throttle strait and level with 7950s on the Dalton. The elevators and ailerons flutter terribly. I have all my other 40% planes set up the same way with 5955s and can hammer them Wide open throttle all day long with out flutter.QUOTE]

Hi flyguy2
I have read this entire thread over the last two days. I commend you on bringing all the evidence you've accumulated, of the problems with the 7950TH, to the attention of the pilots here at FG as well as the Hitec staff.
I have three of the 7950 servos, as well as 40 HS7955's for my next couple of builds. I do use the Spectrum AR9100 as well as the AR9110 I used on my latest 35% Carden 540 build. I also use the "Hobbico LiFe A123 6.6v" batts in my planes, You have done your homework, and thoroughly too!!
I agree that Hitec should step up to the plate and do a fix, or do a recall. These servos aren't CHEAP!
Hitec is a great company, with wonderful products for us modelers.
I worry about the flutter you are having on your "Dalton". I can tell you have knowledge regarding setting up your linkage, geometry.... etc. However, flutter can be the single most destructive force an airframe can experience. If not caught......, 9 times out of 10 will result in an arplane being ruined.
Is your Dalton's flutter a result of the loose, twitching 7950's. Or is it a result of the hinge gap being to big, and the hinge line not being sealed? It would be such a shame to lose a beautiful Dalton to flutter.
I have always found that 6 volts is a more stable voltage to run servos at. I don't mind losing a small ammount of torque and speed in turn gaining stability at 6v.
I am returning my 3 7950's to Chief for a refund all due to this thread. I also wait with great anticipation to see how Hitec handle this...., let me see, the first post was 02/06/2009. It's now , 06/17/2011. WOW!!!!
I'll go with the glass is half full, and Hitec will do the right thing to thank, and take care of all their loyal customers.
COME ON HITEC...., show us you care!
Once again flyguy2....., great job!!!!!
yourko, thank you.
I know what flutter can do to a 40% plane and thats why I never push it over half throttle with these 7950s.
Yes my hinge gaps are all sealed very well top and bottom. I used extra hinges on all surfaces than what the Dalton calls for too. The hinge gaps are only about a 1/6''. Less than my other planes that have never fluttered at any speed. All linkages are tight and solid. Servo arms are even put on with blue locktite.
Yes I fought this jitter all season last year sent them in and took 7 weeks to get them back. I had to keep calling Hitec every 2 weeks to stay on there tail too. By the time I got them back the summer was over. Now after just 30 more flights (with Velcro this time) the destructive jitter is just as bad as it was before. I was hesitant about installing them back in the Dalton but Hitec assured me I would never have a problem with them again. Well here I am again.
And I'm taking this into my own hands now to actually pinpoint the root cause. If I am successful I will dump my findings in Hitecs lap and hope they do the right thing. It would be nice to put this whole thing behind us once and for all. If they continue to turn a blind eye to the issue after a "fix" is dumped in there lap I will never purchase another Hitec product EVER.
Hitec just sent me new pots and case sets at no cost for me to service them my self..lol
I cant wait to get my grubby little fingers on them Futaba pots that are back ordered tho.
Some guys are reporting the 7950 to lock hard over in flight... don't know what up with that....I just hope mine don't do it.
Last edited by flyguy2; 06-17-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Note: When Hitec is good you pronounce it euphorically as Hitec..... when Hitec is bad you despicably pronounce it as Hitec with the effuses on an over pronounced ending prefix. For the 7950Th we are using the later....
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Aug 2010
2,372 Posts
Maybe HITEC shoiuld change it's name to LOTEC or NOTEC
BeverleyFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BeverleyFlyer
Old 06-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Well i have spent most of the day standing in the garage drinking beer and farting....and this song has come to mind....I dedicate it to you Hitec
John Conlee - Rose Colored Glasses (3 min 27 sec)
Last edited by flyguy2; 06-18-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Find More Posts by yourko
Strings & Wings
United States, TN, Greenbrier
Joined Jan 2009
424 Posts
Hey flyguy2

Your dilligance and persistance is what we need more of here in the great US of A. It's that determination in people that made this country great. Mediocrity is at epidemic levels here in the USA...., that's a slap in the face to those in the past who gave our generation and generations to come, freedom and opportunity. We've accepted and become way too tollerant of mediocrity, and it's time to take a stand and say...,
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.
Why...., they might ask?
Because it's the right thing to do.
My dissapointment will be at an all time high if you hand "Hitec" a solution (fix), and they sweep it under the rug.
I'm going to stay optomistic, and not lose faith yet in Hitec.
If I were CEO of Hitec, I would be recruting fellas like yourself and Scott Gerber, eajohnson, and several other fellas that have posted.
Like a scout for a NFL team...., get the best players for the job, and have a winning team.
I don't mean to get all patriotic on my fellow FG members either, but, I couldn't help it
I'm extremely passonate about this country and the opportunities it's given me. I also enjoy this hobby a great deal.
Let's keep our hobby honest and hold companies accountable for the products they sell us.
I truly think that's a fair deal Especially with their profit margins.
After all........, Safety first, right!
I am done with my rant. I hope I didn't offend anybody.
I will stay tuned in, to see how the saga of the 7950 unfolds.
yourko is offline Find More Posts by yourko
Old 06-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Welcome to Costco. I love you.
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2006
4,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourko View Post
Hey flyguy2

Your dilligance and persistance is what we need more of here in the great US of A. It's that determination in people that made this country great. Mediocrity is at epidemic levels here in the USA...., that's a slap in the face to those in the past who gave our generation and generations to come, freedom and opportunity. We've accepted and become way too tollerant of mediocrity, and it's time to take a stand and say...,
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.
Why...., they might ask?
Because it's the right thing to do.
My dissapointment will be at an all time high if you hand "Hitec" a solution (fix), and they sweep it under the rug.
I'm going to stay optomistic, and not lose faith yet in Hitec.
If I were CEO of Hitec, I would be recruting fellas like yourself and Scott Gerber, eajohnson, and several other fellas that have posted.
Like a scout for a NFL team...., get the best players for the job, and have a winning team.
I don't mean to get all patriotic on my fellow FG members either, but, I couldn't help it
I'm extremely passonate about this country and the opportunities it's given me. I also enjoy this hobby a great deal.
Let's keep our hobby honest and hold companies accountable for the products they sell us.
I truly think that's a fair deal Especially with their profit margins.
After all........, Safety first, right!
I am done with my rant. I hope I didn't offend anybody.
I will stay tuned in, to see how the saga of the 7950 unfolds.
If you offended anyone with that post, then they need to be offended and should probably renounce their citizenship and move to europe. I think you are 1000% correct about the mediocrity, although it seems to me it is slipping lower than that. I just don't get how people can spend thousands on these servos like I have and continue to "keep the faith" even when they are having problems and the company is doing nothing about it. If you buy gas from a gas station and it makes your car run badly, do you "keep the faith" and keep filling your car up there? Just blows me away. Now if you haven't had any problem congratulations, but don't disparage the people who are. Just a matter of time before you have a problem, if they continue to think "who cares people will buy anything we put out cause we are hitec". I'm done with them. I will have a truck load of hitec servos hitting the classifieds very soon.
lxcoupe is offline Find More Posts by lxcoupe
Last edited by lxcoupe; 06-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Quick Reply