logo
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Find More Posts by wmat7039
SILVER FOX
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Jan 2006
2,610 Posts
IMAC Seq. Committee November 2009 Update

The 2009 competition season is just about over with only 5 contests left to close the year on a high note. Two in the USA, two in Australia and one in Israel. I can honestly say, this has been the hardest working year for the IMAC Sequence Committee since its inception. There has definitely been an increase in the workload to meet the demand for Unknowns for contests both here in the US and overseas.
Here is a breakdown of the Unknown requests and how they were handled for 2009. Please bear in mind that within these figures, there are several contests using the same Unknowns on the same weekend.
(a) IMAC Unknown Requests processed in 2009: 164 (National & International)
(b) Total Unknowns distributed to CD’s in 2009 : 656 (including two, three & four sets – NATS/Regional's etc.)
(c) Various countries requesting Unknowns: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Great Britain, Israel, Jamaica, New Zealand, Norway, USA.
I’m not sure if we realize exactly how much work is being put into arriving at a finished Unknown sequence for the IMAC contests. I have also seen several writings in the various forums (Flying Giants etc.) regarding the expansion of contests to a three day event. This will put extra stress on an already fragile system of volunteers and maybe it is NOW time for the consideration of a charge (meaning $$) for the usage of Unknowns. I am passing this information to you all and the BOD, so that due consideration can be focused on it. It is a VERY “tippy toed” situation we have arrived at.

July 15th, began the toil of the 2010 Known proposal for each class. As outlined in my previous report, the committee was split into two sub-committees. One set worked on Sportsman & Intermediate while the second set worked on Advanced and Unlimited. Basic was done by all. Afterwards, we all joined back as a whole & did final testing & suggestions prior to them being sent up to the BOD for scrutiny & approval. I would like to THANK Tom Wheeler for taking charge of the proceedings for the 2010 Knowns. As you can all see…next year’s Knowns will help tremendously in keeping pilots within a smaller footprint than we have ever had in the past. My sincere gratitude goes out to the entire committee for the work that they have all put forth into getting these Knowns completed in a time-frame which allows our Northern members to be able to fly prior to Winter setting in.

Since adding both Ted Barrette from Canada & Curtis Cozier from Georgia as new members on the ISC earlier on this year, we have had one training session utilizing the IMAC’s GoTo Meeting. There are plans underway to hold another training with emphasis geared towards the artistic presentation of the sequences on paper. After that, we will plan another training slanted toward the proper method of double checking sequences prior to them being set for dispatch by our librarians.
With this in mind, we are about to embark on a project of “Looking for a few GOOD men/women”. Let me preface this by saying (as I told Curtis & Ted)….”It is NO EASY task!!! This is volunteerism at its highest form”.
Now….here are the requirements:
  • Good understanding of how Aresti is read.
  • TIME Available to work with fellow committee members.
  • Prior knowledge of sequence construction.
  • Working knowledge of the Aresti software.
  • TIME available to work with fellow committee members. (repeat)
  • PATIENCE to put up with a Jamaican Chairman!
Any IMAC member who can meet the above & can volunteer (regardless of which country you live in), please let me know if you are interested by contacting me at secretary@mini-iac.com
Well…the end of the year is around the corner and I am SURE that all of the IMAC Sequence Committee have earned a well deserved rest for Christmas. THANK YOU all for working so diligently for the IMAC organization and members. It is greatly appreciated. This won’t last for too long as by the time we blink….it will be that time again to start writing sequences. Wishing all of our members a very Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2010 when it rolls around.
See you all on the line!!!
IMAC Sequence Committee
wmat7039 is offline Find More Posts by wmat7039
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by buildflycrash
Gulf Breeze FL USA
Joined Jan 2006
253 Posts
Re: IMAC Seq. Committee November 2009 Update

Let me be the first here to say thanks for the hard work. I am really looking forward to next years competition
buildflycrash is offline Find More Posts by buildflycrash
Old 11-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by Wayne
Learn how to work Kid.
Bloomington, Il
Joined Jan 2006
7,405 Posts

I agree.
Thanks to all you guys for putting in the time you do.
Its no easy task.
Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wayne
Old 11-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by Brandon Petersen
Preecision
Nampa, ID
Joined Jan 2006
173 Posts

A huge THANK YOU to the ISC!!!! As much work as it is to run and CD a contest, I cannot imagine having the burden of writing unkowns as well. I think the uncredited work and time donated by our committee has made it possible to have more contests in more regions and grow IMAC as a whole...which in turn adds to the work load of the ISC....Doh!!!

Thank you everyone involved. I am currently working two jobs, but once that is over, I would love the chance to participate in the sequences.
Brandon Petersen is offline Find More Posts by Brandon Petersen
Old 11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by jmoesdad
Chicks dig the beard
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2007
634 Posts

i did it again...read Wayne's whole post with a Jamaican accent in my head. thanks guys for putting so much time and effort to our hobby, jeff w
jmoesdad is offline Find More Posts by jmoesdad
Old 11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts

Thanks a lot guys for all your hard work.

Also appreciate you getting the 2010 sequences out so quickly.

That's what I practiced all day!
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Yes a BIG Thank You to the ISC !!!!
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by ifly3d
Team Futaba
zebulon,NC,USA
Joined Jan 2006
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoesdad View Post
i did it again...read Wayne's whole post with a Jamaican accent in my head. thanks guys for putting so much time and effort to our hobby, jeff w

YOu do that too ?? I thought I was the only one that done that.
ifly3d is offline Find More Posts by ifly3d
Old 11-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by McFueler
Claremont NC USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,225 Posts

Everyone that know Wayne dose that !!!!
McFueler is offline Find More Posts by McFueler
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by sinergy
US
Joined Feb 2006
931 Posts

Wow thats a lot of unknowns

Thanks for all teh hard work!
sinergy is offline Find More Posts by sinergy
Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by capcanuck
CapCanuck
Sudbury, Ontario,Canada
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

Yep you guys ROCK! Like previously said, running a contest is tough, but having the sequences and unknowns for the CD's ready in such a timely manner makes life so much easier. Great job guys and gals, and the new sequences for 2010 are a huge improvement. Now if we could only get more people to judging seminars (especially new pilots) life could be really sweet. Nothing worse than a CD hearing a competing pilot say they can't judge the next higher class

CapCanuck
capcanuck is offline Find More Posts by capcanuck
Old 11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by The Dirt Doctor
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Nov 2006
2,394 Posts

Writing the unknowns week after week is an extremely tiring task for sure! I know because I helped Duane Cox write unknowns way back in 2002/2003 way before the ISC was established - and it was hard!!! I really appreciate the hard work Wayne M. and the ISC puts in to generate those unknowns. So, when Wayne asks for volunteers, please "belly up to the bar" and offer to help him!!!!!

Bobby aka TDD
The Dirt Doctor is offline Find More Posts by The Dirt Doctor
Old 11-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by Judge
Team Futaba
United States, CA, Ladera Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
12,936 Posts

I wrote uknowns for 6 to 8 contests per year with the help of one other person. I cannot imagine what it is like to produce enough for the entire IMAC season, every week!!
Judge is offline Find More Posts by Judge

Quick Reply