Find More Posts by moose
RC Gadgetz
Dubai
Joined Jan 2006
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
You sure about that? :-)
Think about it. Say you need the servos on the right side to turn clockwise to push for left rudder. What direction would the servos on the left side need to rotate to pull left rudder?
I stand corrected Jaybird.....you are correct
moose is offline Find More Posts by moose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by moose
RC Gadgetz
Dubai
Joined Jan 2006
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgell View Post
Hi Mostafa,
Good idea. We are working on an Intellimatch system where you can program each IM14 or IM22 from a programer. This system will have channel reversing and offset.

IM22 on an elevator with 2 servos each side:
Program a mix in the transmitter that takes the elevator signal and reverses it on a separate channel for left and right elevator halves. You then run the two channels to an IM22 in the tail section and if required (3D or Scale Aerobatics) add in more power on a separate lead.
Alternatively you could mount the IM22 around the CG location and run individual servo leads to the tail servos.

IM22 with 2 left and 2 right rudder servos:
As above, program a mix in the transmitter that takes the rudder signal and reverses it on a separate channel for left and right rudder servos. You then run the two channels to an IM22 in the tail section. Mechanically match servos on one side. Disconnect and match servos on the other side. After the matching is complete Mechanically connect all servos and tweak the radio to get the mix between left and right servos.

Alternatively if you want to bring the CG forward a little you could mount a servo tray with 3 or 4 high powered servos matched with an IM14.
Actually I hadn't considered how I would be using them on the elevators, but what you are saying sounds good and makes sense. So that means for the following 50% setup I would need the following:

5 X IM14 : 2 to be used on the each wing half : 1 for the 4 ganged servos on the rudder: 2 for each elevator half (3 servos on each half)

That is an awful lot of IM14.....and that would work best with the 8X24 panel.....correct
Old 07-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
I stand corrected Jaybird.....you are correct

Lol. It's a little confusing :-)
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 07-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by moose
RC Gadgetz
Dubai
Joined Jan 2006
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
Lol. It's a little confusing :-)
Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by daytonarc
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Oct 2012
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mostafa,
Good idea. We are working on an Intellimatch system where you can program each IM14 or IM22 from a programer. This system will have channel reversing and offset.

Program a mix in the transmitter that takes the elevator signal and reverses it on a separate channel for left and right elevator halves. You then run the two channels to an IM22 in the tail section and if required (3D or Scale Aerobatics) add in more power on a separate lead.
Alternatively you could mount the IM22 around the CG location and run individual servo leads to the tail servos.

With opposite rudder servos you actually want servos to be traveling in the same direction on left and right sides so an IM14 with a single signal should work fine. I don't have a 50% Hemple my hangar stops at 42% ultimate and Extra 300L. I would be very interested to know how the split rudder servos work.
Obviously you need a bigger hangar
daytonarc is offline Find More Posts by daytonarc
Old 07-18-2014, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
you will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jul 2012
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotfree View Post
Oh yes, now I know. But anyway if this box could have programmed the Hitech servoes they would act the same way and it did not have to be onboard during flight.

Get hitec to release their protocol, and I will design such a product. Hitec's programming is not being used to its potential by the hitec programmers.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old 07-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Find More Posts by Spotfree
Norway, Nordland, Andøy
Joined Feb 2007
75 Posts
Spotfree is offline Find More Posts by Spotfree
Old 07-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by djmoose
Lowlife
Macedonia, OH
Joined Mar 2010
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotfree View Post
Oh yes, now I know. But anyway if this box could have programmed the Hitech servoes they would act the same way and it did not have to be onboard during flight.
The point of this product is that you don't have to program servos. In fact...if you REALLY want to get things perfect, even programming servos will not account for minute differences in servo location, control arm heights, etc etc. Something like the intellimatch can make an almost perfect ganged setup as perfect as possible now. (at 100 points)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7oneWo1f View Post
Get hitec to release their protocol, and I will design such a product. Hitec's programming is not being used to its potential by the hitec programmers.
I agree. Futaba is a "little" better, but still is almost pointless unless you're programming directly from a 14SG or an 18MZ.

The funniest thing to me is how Hitec's servos are programmed to set values that you can't change...and their OWN radio (Aurora 9) doesn't even match those set values.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by Jaybird
Jay Florida
Joined Jan 2006
3,713 Posts
Any news on these?
Jaybird is offline Find More Posts by Jaybird
Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Find More Posts by djmoose
Lowlife
Macedonia, OH
Joined Mar 2010
600 Posts
I have received mine. I'll be installing in my 103 this weekend.
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2011
284 Posts
i just received mine. i'll let you know if anything explodes when i install them !
kevinjulieevan is offline Find More Posts by kevinjulieevan
Old 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
tec
Find More Posts by tec
tec
Team Horizon Team BVM
Winter Park, CO
Joined Mar 2006
1,242 Posts
I not sure if im having issues with one of my IM22? In the directions it says after matching is complete the servos will go to neutral and power down. Mine go to neutral and buzz like they are binding, My IM22 doesn't power off after matching is complete?
tec is offline Find More Posts by tec
Old 11-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by Jedei120
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Hi Mostafa,

With opposite rudder servos you actually want servos to be traveling in the same direction on left and right sides so an IM14 with a single signal should work fine. I don't have a 50% Hemple my hangar stops at 42% ultimate and Extra 300L. I would be very interested to know how the split rudder servos work.
I have a question for BOOMA RC relating to the +-5% tolerance. Straight from the manual it states "For the best possible performance please use servos of the same
brand and model and where possible the same servo arm lengths.
Intellimatch will give you up to +-5% adjustment between the master
and slave servos to bring servos into as close to perfect match
however you should always try to mechanical match your servos
as best as possible
prior to running the Intellimatch
automatic adjustment feature.
".

The manual here gives the appearance that the +-5% is a neutral mechanical difference between two closely matched out of the box servos with no radio adjustments of any sort? If two servos aren't within +-5% of each other the unit can't adjust that far? So +-5% of what?

5% of a 60 deg sweep meaning it can handle 3 deg? Would this mean for each of the 100 points the unit can "hunt" +-3 deg to find the lowest amp draw? Can you shed a bit more light on this question?

Also what happens when you make a center point adjustment to the master servo's center? Does the slave servo then have trouble with the new master center adjustment because it may be over the +-5%? Or will it follow the center no matter how far the user adjusts it? The manual makes no warnings or other regarding adjusting master servo center, only master servo endpoints. Please clear these questions up?

Being a mechanical device it could be for a rudder one of these is a more reliable matching solution: http://www.swbmfg.com/3x-self-adjusting-w-bellcrank-jr/. Though more expensive....
Jedei120 is offline Find More Posts by Jedei120
Last edited by Jedei120; 11-13-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by bullardrm
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
377 Posts
I use a laser system that can read the difference to within half a freckle. It READS the difference, you have to adjust for perfection.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/swapsho...-system&cat=17
bullardrm is offline Find More Posts by bullardrm
Last edited by bullardrm; 11-13-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by Jedei120
Orange, Texas
Joined Dec 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullardrm View Post
I use a laser system that can read the difference to within half a freckle. It READS the difference, you have to adjust for perfection.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/swapsho...-system&cat=17
Thats a nice concept of a "tool" but it really doesn't apply to the intellimatch discussion. Elevators are generally not hard linked together. Separate servos operating separate surfaces. Intellimatch comes into play where two or more servos are hard linked together by either pushrods or the surface itself (e.g. an Aileron). A radios servo balancing feature would need to be used in conjunction with your laser pointers to achieve equal throw throughout the sweep of the servos total throw on a pair of elevators.
Jedei120 is offline Find More Posts by Jedei120

Quick Reply