logo
Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by porcupineace
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts
Re: Genesis of the marathon thread.

aaaaAND..... I promise....this is my last post to this thread, so dont bother monitoring O.K.? Really...I promise!
porcupineace is offline Find More Posts by porcupineace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by eagle1
Andrews Tx. USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,270 Posts

no worries just pocken fun
eagle1 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1
Old 06-16-2007, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by knighttwister
end user
neenah,wisconsin
Joined Jan 2006
404 Posts

a marathon MUST go 26. it's the law.
the lights stopped blinking, and i had to send the xlonk in to get checed out. the lamp, light bulb tube swirlly thingy didn't work.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old 06-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
the lights stopped blinking, and i had to send the xlonk in to get checed out. the lamp, light bulb tube swirlly thingy didn't work.
alright....i know...I LIED. But just had to respond to this one (kinda like a sugar addict in a chocolate factory...) You mean the bulbs are supposed to light????? the fellows at "Xlonk " never told me that .Sent mine in two months ago and just now got it back.....cost me three months pay and had to sell one of my daughters just to havem open it up and look inside("how much for the little girl????eh?)customer service is a real problem with this company, and everyone ,BEWARE!Like i said, just got mine back and the damn thing wont even start...wont sing or nuthin....then the damn thing caught fire and burned the whole dang house down (plane included)Then....LIGHTS TURNED ON....!??!!! somethings wrong with these things if we cant go fry a burger , come back and the whole house is gone....some little bulbs lighting up the crater....and can hear hummming....."bad......a**.....Bad...A**.....
Old 06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts

dont like to repeat myself!
Last edited by porcupineace; 06-16-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: friggin computers
Old 06-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
26 ???????yooooouuuuu can doooo itttttt! 26,26,26,26,26262626262626262626262626262626262626 26262626262626262626262626262626262626262626
Old 06-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts

what is the swirly thing .....was i supposed to get one of those???????i feel cheated! i feel robbed....
Old 06-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts

see now the sites slow 'cause- a- that 2.4gigahootchamacallit......lockin us out ! told you weshoulda never installed them dang bulbs....
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Andrews Tx. USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,270 Posts

well if 26 is what it gonna take then lets take this thing to the limit
Old 06-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Andrews Tx. USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,270 Posts

I disassembled the full scale plane that crashed in the front yard and found that the left blinking light was out of sequence with the right one.
put the plane back together and now I hear the hummmmmmm of bad ass!
is this catchy?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Andrews Tx. USA
Joined Mar 2006
1,270 Posts

off topic i finally flew the Composite ARF 2.6m 300sx painted in the fantacy red and yellow scheme today and man did that thing blow my mind.......after the breath taking take-off that looked like a 3 year old on the controls..................btw I did not install any bulbtaba bulbs in the plane ....
that might be the reason for the rough take off
Old 06-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts
'tank god you didnt ,might have been a 'Compressed extra....mom took off and almost instantly drilled it in the ground.....seventh one this week....got any money? i think i'll go see the local loan shark.....bank wont up any more cash! not to mention the cost of the new DA......

they said if i dont give mom a sedative, this badass thing wont go away(dont think it will though, cause she loves to fly and hates the neighbors)and her viewing giants doesnt help any....

this is an expensive hobby.......when are they gonna fix this lockout thing? i'm tired of flying round my back yard with this huge extention cord.............

i'm running out of duct tape and propellers.....not to mention the assortment of small parts needed to keep the damnthing flyin! used my tarp that covers my pool to cover my last plane(duct tape didnt look so well though)and had to use steel door hinges to fix my ailerons......rudder is held in place with straight pins and bubble gum
(bazooka)....

....i mounted the reciever high, mounted it low, stuck it in the tail, nose......locks out and then they start to blink......i'm goin blind.....wearin a damn welders mask and still cant see my plane (and thats at high noon,sunny day)cause of theses damn lights....i used the fix posted on the giants but to no avail.....

......stood on the corner....held the plane up, set it down,say two hail marys,look left bfore ya let go.....WHAM! POOF! ....no more plane.....my mom says its those gremlins again(she thinks its 1942...) i told her theres no such things as gremlins, but all she said was"respect yer elders" and
'pass me that bottle of Moose Glue"wont ya ,son...(well ...at least she knows how ta build.....)

and those damn switches....got fourteen different switches goin down the cowl and fuse of my plane....so many ways to get this thing ta work that i need four electrical
engineers just to prevent a meltdown, not to mention ,stop the damn lights!(and used the fix, with the foil thingy) think i'm gonna take up a new hobby, like climbing coconut trees or something.....

oh, and by the way are those batteries supposed to weigh that much, my wife says theyr too heavy, they shoundnt be that heavy,find some "Cheaper hobbie", and why cant i be like the neighbor, and have a nice cheap hobbie like watchin the grass grow.....Told her NO MORE SHOES!(dang woman has more shoes than Imelda Marcos, 'cept i gotta pay for 'em)i dont like watchin grass grow', and go watch tv or somethin.....(damn evil wench....i ask her evry day before work"why dont you use that broomstick for a ride ta work,or put a spell on yer boss or somethin'...) Damn broom sits by the front door.....thought i saw her flying over the moon last night, coulda been my mom 'though..... )...how do i fix this friggin plane......????

and why do we need "REDUNDANT"battery systems for my plane????damn thing is up in the air for 15 seconds, then down she goes! Seems a big waste of time ta me, 4 regulators, 2 power whatzizs, 10 miles of 10 ga wire, batteries the size of a truck, in ten different voltages,switches that switch on switches that switch off regulators that regulate sometimes, before frying the whole mess into a little ball of melted plastic....(i think the smell killed one of my cats a few years back...)and after all that.....blinking bulbs. i give up! Think I'm Gonna Buy A Big Box Of Rubber Bands, if they can fix the bulb thing.Maybe then i wont hurt myself....

not to mention every plug on the plane is settup by a different manufacturer....why cant they standardize this stuff?????there isnt a plug on this thing that matches up to the next..... got 76 stitches this week alone just trying to cut "those little tabs off the ends of the plugs" THE PLUG IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THINGS EASIER! NOT Life threatening!And i think they can do a good job with just two bulbs on a plane, not TWENTY....takes just two HOURS to do a range check, and still those damn servos jump and jitter like they have St. Vitus's Dance or something....

I Have an idea..1.) bring plane to field 2.) do range check 3.) range check no good? go to car....4.) open trunk 5.) remove "EQUALIZER" (AXE) 6.) Hack plane into tiny bits 7.) move to Nome Alaska and take up Crab Fishing

i can see it now..."yea, son i flew r/c planes once, back when it meant something.....used to walk ten miles to school in a bloody snowstorm without shoes....and i remember when planes didnt have little bulbs, we used candles, and life was so much simpler then.... AHHHHH, the good ole days(Its then i remember where i am and RUN for my AXE)r/c can be dangerous.....to your brain!(damn, just cut myself again...S#@*!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle1 View Post
I disassembled the full scale plane that crashed in the front yard and found that the left blinking light was out of sequence with the right one.
put the plane back together and now I hear the hummmmmmm of bad ass!
is this catchy?
SEE!!!! I told ya it would happen!!!! I heard it too....seems the folks at Bulbtaba says its just a glitch and to FOCUS on my flying ...not the HUMMING.....( idont know about that....Mom says every time she flys and hears it, she starts dancin and forgets she's flying then, WHOOOOOM, CRUNCH! i dont think that bulbs are supposed to sing "badass, badass, badass..."and the sequence thing, is it to the left or to the right? cant quite figure that one out........(customer service sucks over at Bulbtaba)

and this washout thing, am i supposed to turn the water off when i use the firehose on my plane, or are the wings supposed to fly off like that (gotta get my wings outta my wifes car windsheild) I tried it at all angles, but they just fly off! I still havent found my canopy.....

and how do ya dry it when yer thru? i tried hanging the plane over the fire place, but didnt workout to well....(SMELLS REAL BAD) set off my smoke detector, almost burned the house down (DO NOT try and dry your plane off this way! Use paper towels!)and the bulb sockets rust up! I thought they are supposed to make those sockets outta some sort a stainless steel or somethin....They should work on that one.

So.... my wife says shes leavin' me.....says too many planes, too many problems with the neighbors,My Mom, and this "badass" thing has pushed her over the edge....say she sees blinkin lights in her sleep, and shes tired of talking to the Fire Marshall, police, local preist.....so i said go ahead...LEAVE ME! I HAVE THE GIANTS! Wench, why dont you get on that broomstick and RIDE! Take mom with you(and tell her to get her own planes, Moose Glue, ect....)move to Alaska....youll never escape it....its a disease, this r/c thing....cant stop the feelin'....its always "BADASS"......

i figure this bulb thing is fixed with more weight....gotta be..... i just installed a 12volt car battery in my 27% extra.... the blinking has stopped! i'm so happy....wish i could have bigger wings though, was thinking i could take of the wings of my 40% and put 'em on my 27% and it will fly.....problem is the plane weighs in at 112 lbs, the landing gear is squished, and my tires look like pancakes.....need some time to figure this one out.Maybe helium? or more ballast? (i have some bags of bird shot, maybe that will work)or a big bag o' rocks? hmmmmmm.....

nope....rocks dont work.(went right thru the bottom of the fuse) time to get the Moose Glue and liberally apply.....hmmmm.wHat the...... Damn. lights are blinkin again....now i'm startin to lose it........

man....this marathon thing is a lotta work....my mom says the giants should pay me overtime(i told her the internet doesnt work that way, but she doesnt listen, shes listening to judas preist on her i-pod, being 104 years old, i figure let her do what she wants...)anybody got a gatoraid? or does that lightning bolt mean no....

just came back from my local church....got the priest to come over and speak to my mom....she thinks the damn plane is possesed...got crucfixs, voodoo dolls and such all over the place...says she heard voices sayin "badass " again....says she sees lights and funny things in her ears (musta forgot she has her earplugs on with judas priest playing at 11 volume)being 104, people this age are bound to see and hear alot weird stuff, so i tell the priest do whatever makes her happy as long as she leaves my planes alone. so, i'm outside working on my plane, filling it with helium(just experimenting)and she comes running out, grabs all the battery packs from my plane, damn thing starts floatin away....("Its 5:20 am...DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR PLANE IS????) ....right outta sight(8th plane this week)over the water and gone.... The wind is about 12MPH outta the east/northeast..... if anyone in Norway sees a 40% edge flying by....silent.....please sent to me c/o my mother. i will pay all shipping costs incurred. To the Priest: i'm sorry, my moms a hucker from way back, cant control herself, so say a prayer for her(sorry about the flys all over the window though...dont know whats up with that....

ive found the solution......IVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!! TO STOP THE BLINKING LIGHTS! ha,a-ha,ha,ha! Ive found the solution to the blinkin pain-in-the-a** light problem that has taken me to hell and back again....SESEMEE SEEDS! thats right....,SESEMEE SEEDS! yes,friends, sesemee seeds are the answer!!! Those wonderfull litttle things stuck to buns,names of streets and funny ways to open stuff work on this lockout/blinking lights problems on all our planes!!!!! Just do this: take you plane out of your hanger, place on the tarmac, liberally apply gobs of Moose Glue(patpend.) and sprinkle three to four lbs. of SESEMEE SEEDS to all the hard to reach places on your plane(making sure to coat the wings well) preheat your oven to 450F/ cook until tender and there you have it! PROBLEM FIXED! (now if i could only make the monocoat from melting into candle wax in the meantime....)guess ya just gotta do it yourself when ya want things fixed the right way.....

its 5:43am in New York.....has anyone seen my plane over the Atlantic?

its the quiet one with flashing lights......

ya can tell its mine cause its dripping sesemee seeds....
Last edited by Cracky; 06-20-2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: merged rambling posts
Old 06-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Find More Posts by knighttwister
end user
neenah,wisconsin
Joined Jan 2006
404 Posts
only 19 more pages to go.....no problem....rather type than chase my mother around the back yard....

told her i'd get her a broomstick to ride just like my wife's, but she just mumbles "badass" and goes off to the garage.....(shed better not touch anymore of my planes, though)

by the way her broom has: da-150 with cans/ seiko servos/ fromeco batteries/garvin gps system/ pioneer stereo with bose 901's/ smart-fly regulators with bat share/collision avoidance system/ flight countermeasures/weapons avoidance.....

.....and a bullhorn (uses it to yell "BADASS " at the neighbors....)

...says shes gonna take it to the Huckfest in Atlanta.....if she can find it by the light of the moon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Soooooooooooooooooooooo,
Will the friggin' bulb ever get changed or are we just gonna sit here in the dark??
WT
so.... like i said before....this WANGO TANGO started this all....SINCE ive changed my light bulb i have had 1.) cops and fire marshalls at my door every day this week

2.) my mother has developed a complex about bulbs in general

3.) my wife has left me (i can still hear her yelling F@$# Y**!!)

4.) i have to buy a broom for my mother too....

5.) have to go to confession for a year to get forgiveness for all the bad language i 've been using around here( especially "BULBTABA" remarks)

6.) my bank account is drained

7.) i think i offended the Norwegians by flying(RATHER: FLOATING)over their airspace without first getting permission....

8.) i have a legal bill thats more than the gross national debt of USA
9.) a neighbor who says " if i see your mom flying any planes around here again, i'll shoot her AND the plane.....

10.) the neighbors dog hates me, and just took a poop on my lawn
11.) i have a radio system that works sometimes, sometimes not, locks-up all the damn time, and is pretty much a "thumb exerciser" instead of a control box.....

12.) been served a summons to court by BULBTABA corp, Chumpchange Ill., says that i hurt their reputation by taking issue with their blinking lights glitch.

BOY, dont life suck??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangoTango View Post
Soooooooooooooooooooooo,
Will the friggin' bulb ever get changed or are we just gonna sit here in the dark??
WT
SO..... did anyone else out there change their bulbs?

it is now 7:04 am.....have you seen my plane today????(watch it....sesemee seeds hurt when they hit at 4000 ft!)Hello....USA TO NORWAY.... are you reading me????

its Fathers Day.....havnt seen my kids since homeland security took them away....said they were a bad influence on my mom....all they did was tell her to get on her broom and ride...right over to BULBTABA CORP. and drop a few nice wet ones (POOP) on their corporate headquarters....they didnt mean anything by it.... they just want their father back again....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THOSE FATHERS WHO SPEND GOOD QUALITY TIME WITH THEIR KIDS!!!! (NOW QUICK....run away!!!!!!!)

REMEMBER: "you spend time with your family?....'cause a man aint really a man unless he spends time with his family...."
quote from "the Godfather" -Vito Corleone

New Product: "BLINKRIGHT" bulbs has just announced their new release of a NEW family of bulbs....low voltage, low maintenance, NO HUMMING,no gibberish,just pure light in its finest form....Now you too can blink bright with the rest of em....no longer will you be the brunt of cruel jokes like" at least my bulbs blink on command..." and "you're a greenhorn , buttwipe!" available soon to the r/c public at large....ONLY 49.98 $ uS cash money only, because you know,its only mean if its green....

and.... a new book : "LIGHTING FOR THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED" you too can read complex diagrams to install lighting on your plane....no longer will you have to go to "THAT OTHER" website,friend, family member,to install complex lighting! Batteries, wiring, -its all here! Includes: a custom produced CD that will explain that with our book, you can listen to this CD, and wonder, WHY DO I NEED THIS CD?Just do it like we all do(i dont need instructions, let me see here...i got it....put this wire together with this thingamajig and VOILA! Custom wire and lighting installs quicker than a hickory stick on yer behind!

"i bought the book and got the CD.... damn thing is amazing....almost didnt crash my plane, but what the hell....NOW i'm educated!
Thank you Bricks*%#t publishing,porcupineace,NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
No one has yet add the history of light prior to the current technology. Has the light bulb been compared to candles or oil lamps. How about an open fire or even star light and moon light. Then there is sunlight if it is daytime. Curtains open or closed? LOL
"the history of the light bulb goes way bck.....WAY BACK to the start of fire.....(Cavemen)caveman: ive gotta start a fire....somehow.....
cavemans wife: not in the house! youll burn us down!
caveman: ive got an idea!(lightbulb pops up over his head).....

comparisons: candles: Hot! flaming! wax! S*** that hurts! (planes burn with candles!)
oil lamps: Hot! flaming! oil! S*** that hurt too!(plane burn with oil lamps and you just cant get that CG right with them....

open fire: HOT! FLAMING! BURNING EMBERS! HOT DAMN that S*** hurts even more!!!!!

Moon light: Cool! Bright! Too damn far away to even worry about!(whew!)(except when my wife flys over it with her broom...she always comes back...
Sunlight: WAY TOO DAMN HOT! REALLY FLAMING! You touch it first, not me.....
curtains open: Cool...nice fabric. "Where'd ya get these???????

curtains closed: I CANT SEE MY PLANE , oh no...............crunch.

LOL: cant do that anymore, my wife will smack me around

damn at this rate it will take forever(did you ever see "The sandlot" -F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
OMG! This is so funny. BTW, every post so far is incorrect. None of you guys know anything about light bulbs, or posting.
DATS RIGHT! JERKY!

i've fixed my blinking light problem, but now they only come on when i remove my canopy. good thing it's only five watts. couldn't find any bulbs that are dimmer.
what? no i'm not!
i like your mom. does she need a husband? i could be your dad, then on father's day i would have something to run away from too!
maybe you don't understand her badass problem. it could be because of the broomstick. maybe if you padded it for her, it wouldn't feel so bad, and the humming would go away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge540T_Flyer View Post
Attachment 55196

Can anyone see this one???
Is this what everyone else is using?
Is my bulb big enough?
this is very similar to the ones the guys at the field are flying ,but i'm not sure.....Are you using a 12 volt truck battery on your plane or just one of those 24 volt golf cart batteries(you know... those BIG buggers)the bigger , the better you know....everything on the Giants gets done in a very big way ya know...(remember that big A** slowdown on the site yesterday? dats what i mean.....)

and remember ....its not the man who makes the bulb, its the bulb who makes the man.....

and everyone here uses whatever they want....NO RULES!

and no... i cant see "YOUR BULB".... why dont ya give someone else a chance to post! (BULLY!)

Quote:
how about the 1 that wants to talk about the tecnical inforamation concerning the inner workings of said bulb 4 to agree on the matter 7 to count it as pure concidence 3 to talk about the way the switch works on the wall and the 3,893 idle bystanders to look up and say silently "you know" "they might be on to something"
i have an issue....why did 3,893 idle bystanders suddenly become "welcome posters" and now considered "the educated public at large".....i thought this was a private forum....(oh,my god!...can everyone see this????oh s***!!!!!)
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by Cracky; 06-20-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merged rambling posts
Old 06-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Joined Feb 2007
1,223 Posts
think i might be on to something? hmmmmmmm.

Quote:
Is it better to use AC or DC power for the light bulb. If using DC what voltage and battery power?
i find that long extension cords are the key....(A/C) brighter longer lasting flight with minimum of down time....problem is cords can be excessively long though...
DC power will work but ya need a REAL BIG battery for that.24 volt golf cart batteries work although i have used forklift batteries in my 50% Bipe.....

and i find if you connect to HIGH TENSION OVERHEAD POWER LINES, you could make up for the voltage loss due to long runs.....just my 2cts

and by the way... i launch all my planes from The George Washington Bridge because of the weight issue.....works great....just kinda hard to find it after though....also hard on the fuse....IMHO

coast guard got three of my planes just this week alone (those guys are FAST!) by the way ....Anybody got bail money??????

i would post pics , but, cant figure where to put polaroids in this computer?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyguy View Post
When will the DA75 watt Lamp be out???
ive been told...now dont hold me to this but, DA -75 bulb will NOT be released...seems that they had a problem with quality control issues, productivity and the NAME OF THE BULB.... seems half their crew want DA-75 and the other half want "Salami Sandwich""...... dont know why, could have something to do with "BADASS BURGERS" but i'm not sure......
Hell , if it dont fly well, light well or work at all, we can sit down and munch on the damn thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingHarrier View Post
I get at least 20 minutes flight time with L.E.D.s. and that's flying straight up all the time while doing snap rolls! Never using OLD sytle bulbs again!
and whats with this Rolling Harrier guy? wait till he sees me doing waterfalls, snaps and such, with my JIM BOB BULBS. Old bulbs areGOOD bulbs! I'm one for old technology, time will tell...YOU"LL SEE! shhhh, CANDLES are just as good, and i can cook (or someone else can)badass burgers with rest of em....(damn whipper snappers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drat View Post
if im colour blind would a coloured bulb work better for me in my hanger
if so what colour would i use
some of the world most sought after researchers and scientists swear(dont do that) that the spectrum of light is unimportant....just the speed of the thing

"speed...blinding fast speed is the key!!" quote"Mickey" from "ROCKY"

i mean color is not as important....unless you have kids...("Look at all the pretty colors , daddy!)regular white/blue will do. Just ask my Mom.

and make sure they dont blink ,or you'll lock up for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupineace View Post
i mean color is not as important....unless you have kids...("Look at all the pretty colors , daddy!)regular white/blue will do. Just ask my Mom.
To my sons friends on THE FLYING GIANTS: my son knows, cause he's my son, and i love him, and would not ever consider his word as false, but those BULBTABA guys S*** S***, and i dont care if they sue him,if you want colors, then have at it!Just make sure they dont FLASH, blink,or HUMMMMM BADASSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank You,
Porcupineaces mom

see what ya started....now shes outside screamin at the top of her lungs BULTABA, youS***!!!!! badasss,badassssss,badasssssss.....Damn. Crashed another plane, gotta go get my glue......how about staples? wonder if thats quicker......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drat View Post
my wife says if you are color blind....it aint gonna matter much....SHES the boss(wench) I think i'm gonna get her another broomstick....aint seen this one takeoff in quite awhile

Quote:
Thats funny. Even funnier, or maybe a little sad, is the touch of truth.
Whats funny, the fact that this is even funnier or this is just sad? you tryin to infer that i dont know what i'm sayin.....FIGHTIN words bro....I just got my Degree online at Phoenix online college for the mentally disturbed...got my P. H.D. in flight bulbs and all their intricasies... If ya want SAD, take it to another post! ya hear me? got it ? GOOD! (just cause he works here ,doesnt give him special privledges!) This is supposed to be funny, and if its not, mom says to go outside and shoot myself.(i thought you were my mom, loving, caring.....)

and never tell the TRUTH! (it upsets the kiddies and their parents at their breakfast!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced View Post
Not only should they buy you a new one, but they should replace all your existing bulbs too and admit that there was a problem with their bulbs and that they should never have been lit up.
i agree...all my bulbs broke after the "Incident." They told me i'd have my bulbs and my plane fixed by "The Nall"...and they never showed!Asking theses guys to fess up to a mistake is like takin chickens to Frank Perdues house...they just aint havin it!AND, they totally denied that the bulbs SHOULD be lit, put me on hold and then got disconnected.....So began my problems with BULBTABA.....

Quote:
My wife showed this to me and it cracked me up, so I thought I would share.
__________________________________________________ ____________

How many R/C Pilots does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the lightbulb and to post that it has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences at changing lightbulbs and how said lightbulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about all the possible dangers of changing lightbulbs.

6 to argue over whether it is a "lightbulb" or a "light bulb”, and another 6 to condemn those 6 as being stupid.

2 industry pro's to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

16 know-it-alls who claim they are in the industry and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs, and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum, saying that we all use light bulbs ,therefore the post is indeed relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy these bulbs, what brand works best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

5 people to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 people to post "I can't see their !@#^%$ light bulbs".

7 people to post URL's where one can see examples of light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrections.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety, including all headers and signatures and then add "Me Too".

5 posts to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on lightbulbs before posting a question on lightbulbs."

1 to bring politics into the discussion, by adding that the current president is not the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to post to the original thread 6 whole months from now ,and start it all over again
SEE???????? SEE what the power of "WIFE" can do???? I have a whole case of broomsticks, for those of us with wenches at home too.... this way, they can all go fly.....while we do!Imagine.....away from us to do what we want....Food ,beer,more food, beer, sleep fly, sleep fly.....All while they'r sailing the moonlit sky!(wenches!)

aw,crap! There she goes again(my mom) gotta go get her......BE BACK LATER!

just got my new bulbs in the mail....not liking what i hear....BROKEN GLASS! all this and i got a case of broken bulbs....$299.00 later and they say i have to deal directly with the shipper....shipper says i have to deal with them? the bag of sockets seem o.k. and those stupid clips that go with that squiggly floures. thingy,I dont use 'Em anyhoot!I dont know why insurance is needed on these things anyhow...they should just send them broken and save me the hassle....lousy packaging, a little note saying "we Appreciate Your Business"..... My A**...... (i'll give'm somethin to appreciate.... ) wait...oh no the bulbs dont fit these sockets, they fit those new fangled LEds....and whats this....little note about humming........damn hobby i'm gonna be a crab fisherman.yes a crab fisherman.Less stressfull.oh yes a crab fisherman....damn planes....blinkin lights............................................ .................................................. ...............

you know what i hate? its manufacturers like Bulbtaba who ignore us on these sites...Everyperson who starts a fight or complains, gets ignored and they make like you are not there and you are telling the truth but they just dont listen!And you paid alot of bucks and end up with a box full of broken bulbs, no money and crazy in-laws! AGHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEELP me!

and my plane flys crooked to-boot!

Quote:
this BADASS THING is just about to go too far and............................................... .................................................. ........
.................................................. .................................................. ..........
DAMN BLINKING LIGHTS............................................ ...................................
heard BADASS-BADASS for the last ten minutes and cannot see the F@$king plane no where....................................what the Hell is going on.............................
need to see a head doctor, sorry your wife left can't send any money have to fix these damn blinking light problem
and you thought it was over.....the thread that just wont die.......BUT!

thats right...my wife aint got any money to fix the damn thing cause shes too busy buying shoes.....wants to know if "Flying Giants " has a pair of shoes with their logo on it....i told her "ask Max...."I want to make the switch to 2.4ghz thing but the way my mom keeps crashing planes.... i cant afford the modules(i especially like the one with the blue L>E>D bulbs....they dont flash like the others, and they make popcorn while you wait!)Why dont they give a "INSANE RELATIVE" discount????

Quote:
Ha...who'd have thunk?
i cant think....i'm confused by those lights..........

find bulb that blinks. talk to bulb. plead with bulb. shake bulb. wobble bulb. threaten offending bulb with bodily harm. yell at bulb. tell bulb you are taking it on a long walk off a short pier. tell bulb you'll thow it out of plane mid-flight without parchute. tell bulb you'll tell your mother. plead second time to offending bulb. whip out axe and do in offending plurubus bulbimus.(hack the crap outta it.)

Dear Bulbtaba: please remit the following as expenses incurred while using your crappy bulbs.....1) $985.00 for plane 2)$ 1500.00 electrical items on plane 3)$75,000.00 legal and medical expenses for me, my mom, wife...4)$10.00 new sockets 5)312 useless posts to this thread/ $.50....6)$1.98 roll of aluminum foil for sloppy sockets 7) $299.00 for a case of yer broken crappy bulbs.....
-Never Again....

what kind of plane do you like to cook yer critters over? i like mine over EDGE, but on some days i like a little EXTRA .......hmmmmm squirrel brains with chives and hot sauce I like my critters well done on my 260 EXTRA when i aint FLYIN......

and an ice cold Carona w/ lime!

(makes the grizzle go down easy!)

To BULBTABA: look fellers, you look like smart lads, do yer self a favor and send $299.00 to our friend Porcupineace and there will be no trouble.....Dont make me come over there....bust all yer bulbs for yer.

318 useless threads....

or should i say 319 useless "POSTS".....

or how about 320 ways to not talk about light bulbs and all their intricities?

colors? sizes???? shapes?????? Planes???????? to blink?????? or not to blink???????? regulators????? power boxes??????? expanders??????? Lipo??????NIMH?????????NICAD????????TX??????RX???? ?extensions???????voltages??????amperages??????AGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

the above is the physical explanation of how planes and bulbs can affect your mind and the R/C public at large..... be FOREWARNED!

Hey moe.... I thought we were gonna make some beer???????

yuk,yuk....

now if that aint a lame post...

Quote:
I like it when you stare at it for a long time then turn your head to read a paper...........such pretty red spots
...you sure you dont have Malaria????

Quinine can fix it....

..-or you can put yer finger in the bulb socket and turn on the switch.....works the same, and you dont have to stare so long...

.....and fluorescent bulbs slowly lose their life over time....less lumens after 1000-2000 hrs burn time.....not as pretty....only blink when they are about to die... burn an unnormal blue or pink, are noisy, and worse case, transformer weighs like a truck(and we dont like trucks mounted in our planes)un less you fly a Hercules...i myself will stick with small incandecents....

332 useless posts...good for a fence project though.....

when you end it!

i think we have all come to the conclusion that light bulbs are unimportant to anything having to do with planes....(cept real ones)thank god! Have mercy on us!Hey..did we beat the "Hamburger Thread " or what????

When was the FIRST lightbulb installed on a plane????? NOW THATS the $1.00 question!(BET NONE of you know that answer......)
Last edited by Cracky; 06-20-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: merged rambling posts
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Find More Posts by 3drat
Suspended Account
YEH THERE
Joined Mar 2007
339 Posts