logo
Old 11-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by OZSamE
Joined Jan 2011
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smacka View Post
Whoa, guess you told me (said tongue in cheek)
If you say so.
OZSamE is offline Find More Posts by OZSamE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Ok I have not check this thread in a long time. I have 2 per wing and one per elevator. The ailerons have no problems, but the elevators have problems with the voltage is around 6.6 volts. I have to regulate them down to 6v or just below in order for them to stop.

It is off season for me now, should I send in these servos?
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by rcpilot82
KAD Laser Cutting
Western, pa, usa
Joined Mar 2006
3,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZSamE View Post
But he conducts himself rather professionally in a very harsh environment unlike some of the children in this forum.
Given his position at Hitec I would expect nothing but professionalism. The problems are with the Servos and the Managment/Engineers at Hitec. IMO Mike is doing his job by posting on the forum.

Sukhoikid,
We are still in a holding pattern while everyone unbunches thier panties and figures out how to resolve the issues. Box up your servos and wait.
rcpilot82 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot82
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Find More Posts by flyguy2
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayberry View Post
The entire board was replaced as it had the new firmware.

Is this how the firmware update will be preformed for the masses?

Or just mine???
flyguy2 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy2
Last edited by flyguy2; 11-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts
I am sure that everyone responsible at Hitec knows about the issue. I wonder why they don't just discontinue the darn 7950TH. Go back to the drawing board, use some of Mikes and, Rachael ideas and, get this problem solved and, introduce a new and, improved HV servo with a different model #. This problem in killing Hitec. If it's not the A9 module or the 7950's or, their so called customer service center that changes gears and, cases at no cost for customers but, they do not test the servos for full functionality after the repair?? I just don't get it. Is everyone a freaking politician today!!!
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Your OTHER Left
Denver, CO
Joined Apr 2008
393 Posts
As much as I'm a fan of Hitec's customer service and Mike's willingness to interact with customers both of which I've personally experienced, I finally had to vote in a different direction with my dollars. My first large gasser has now had all of the 7955's pulled out due to these issues and the 9 7955's I ordered for my second I had to ask the LHS to send back. I will be using another product. Really sorry Hitec but at this time I do not trust these servos. Personally I feel Hitec has had more than enough time to resolve this issue. Because of the service and success I've had with other Hitec servos I will continue to use them. Just not anything with a G2 board. I wish Hitec luck as they attempt to resolve these issues. Your customers need your competitive presence in the marketplace.
Steve Graham is offline Find More Posts by Steve Graham
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
I feel sorry for anyone that has more than 5 models with these servos installed. All the trimming setup and adjusting that has to be done to get them back to as they where. Ugh
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryor808 View Post
<snip>If it's not the A9 module or the 7950's or, their so called customer service center that changes gears and, cases at no cost for customers but, they do not test the servos for full functionality after the repair?? I just don't get it. Is everyone a freaking politician today!!!
Where does this comment come from? I've been following this thread from the beginning and I don't recall seeing anything indicating that Hitec service personnel don't adequately test servos after repairing them.

What do you consider testing "full functionality" beyond powering up the servo and verifying that it works correctly?
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
I feel sorry for anyone that has more than 5 models with these servos installed. All the trimming setup and adjusting that has to be done to get them back to as they where. Ugh
Tell me about it. Fortunately I've only got 1 plane that has 8 of them installed and I'm still not looking forward to removing them all, sending them in for service and then hoping that after I reinstall them all they will hold up well in the long run.

I'm seriously considering replacing them all with JR8911HVs while I have them out. Then, after the "fix" is proven to work properly I can install them in something else. I certainly don't want to get into a cycle of removing, repairing and reinstalling these things.

I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude on how well Hitec's fix will work but if they don't get it right the first time, I'm done, they'll never get another penny of my money.
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 11-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Scratch a number or something on each servo so you know where it came from. Similar thing for Rx channels to whatever servo its controlling. Least that way you dont find the push rods change in length by very much other than the way the servo is screwed back in place and has shifted a bit and each servo arm spline fits as it did before without the hassle of taking arms off and matching them back up again to another servo.

Usually you can end up with most adjustments being made on the Tx this way and not mechanically.
Last edited by MODE 1; 11-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Quote:
Tell me about it......
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
Quote:
Scratch a number or something on each servo so you know where it came from. Similar thing for Rx channels to whatever servo its controlling. Least that way you dont find the push rods change in length by very much other than the way the servo is screwed back in place and has shifted a bit and each servo arm spline fits as it did before without the hassle of taking arms off and matching them back up again to another servo.

Usually you can end up with most adjustments being made on the Tx this way and not mechanically.
True but with multiple servo surfaces we will still have to go through every one and rematch all of the center and end points. Then a bunch of flight testing to get them back into trim with all of the trims on the tx set back to zero. It takes a few flights per airframe plus all the removal, installation and set up time. But hey, it is all part of the hobby we enjoy.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:41 AM
AJT
Find More Posts by AJT
AJT
Kingston N.Y.
Joined Jul 2006
407 Posts
Quote:
I have a H-9 BEAST set up with these servos along with the A-9 I already replaced the A-9 with a super-8 and will replace the servos with BLS-157-HV. This has been very costly I'm glad I held off setting up a 40%er . That will be my next project.
AJT is offline Find More Posts by AJT
Last edited by AJT; 11-16-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
LOL Your talking about one plane. Theres a guy near me that has 17 of different sizes from 35% to 40's with a BH model and a few war birds also.
When he realized what he had to go through his face turned gray LOL. I'll help him out though to lessen the pain. Could be worse. Least he doesn't have to take a DA off the front and send it back for an update. OOOOOOOOOOOOH
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts
I sold three of my planes to lessen the pain. I still have 5 of them with 7950's and 3 more with 7954's. Problem is it sounds of Mikes earlier post they are doing just the 7950's first. Of the 5 planes that have 7950's they also have 7954's so I have to go through it twice with each plane, first change out the 50's then do it all ove with the 54's. Would be nice if I could just send them in at the same time.

Quick Reply