Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Team Chaos
United States, MI, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Programming wise it's a leap above both of them
That's always a bonus when it comes to programming.
JCFLYR is online now Find More Posts by JCFLYR
Old 01-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Redwing RC Team Member
Joined Jul 2011
4,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Origin mixing and the .5% mix value were the ones I was thinking of but I also seem to recall they came out with a new "special" firmware for the G1. Thought perhaps the "special" firmware may have had those things added to the G1 but not sure.

Wayne
Nope, those three FW differences are reserved for the DX18G2 and 18QQ only.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=34492
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
Old 02-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by CZorzella
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Deleted.
CZorzella is offline Find More Posts by CZorzella
Last edited by CZorzella; 02-01-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Phil Heninger
Lethbridge Alberta
Joined Jun 2006
20 Posts
Dose anyone know how to program a snap condition into the dx 18 without having to throw a switch in order to do a proper snap in IMAC. I have moved up to intermediate and it seems at this point the dx 18 in not capable of snap condition without a switch. At present I have to throw a snap switch on and off 8 times throughout the intermediate sequence. this is very annoying to say the least when all of my competitors using futaba radios do not have to throw a switch for snaps.
Phil Heninger is offline Find More Posts by Phil Heninger
Old 02-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by jonnyflyhead
Joined Feb 2016
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Heninger View Post
Dose anyone know how to program a snap condition into the dx 18 without having to throw a switch in order to do a proper snap in IMAC. I have moved up to intermediate and it seems at this point the dx 18 in not capable of snap condition without a switch. At present I have to throw a snap switch on and off 8 times throughout the intermediate sequence. this is very annoying to say the least when all of my competitors using futaba radios do not have to throw a switch for snaps.
Is this for increased throws?
jonnyflyhead is online now Find More Posts by jonnyflyhead
Old 02-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Heninger View Post
Yes, I had a snap condition on my DX18. You will need to use the Combo Switch function in for example an Ail-> Ail mix to to increase Aileron travel only when the proper stick input is there.

Personally, after using it for a year, I found it much easier to simply have precision, snap and 3D flight modes which only adjusted dual rates and expo for a specific class of maneuvers and then simply fly the maneuver rather than burying the sticks in the corner.

Wayne
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 02-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by dick hanson
murray utah
Joined Jan 2006
2,478 Posts
Snap switches -- an idea which really causes more problems than it resolves
along with the inverted flight switch which once adorned some tx.
If all snaps required the same inputs (which is not true) a switch may work but the setup as noted above (snap,precision and 3D) will in the long run work better for you.

I have a slider on my tx which moves from low-med to high giving three groupings of throw and expo. Tx is DX9 and I can switch groups with just sliding my ring finger The new DX20 has this setup but vertically oriented on rear of tx
Horizontal snaps require most throws - vertical up down lines MUCH less rudder and elev and if it's windy the game again changes
my suggestion, forget about snap switching it will end up driving you nuts trying to find the magic setups.
dick hanson is offline Find More Posts by dick hanson
Old 02-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Find More Posts by Zeeb
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Feb 2006
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post

Personally, after using it for a year, I found it much easier to simply have precision, snap and 3D flight modes which only adjusted dual rates and expo for a specific class of maneuvers and then simply fly the maneuver rather than burying the sticks in the corner.

Wayne
That's the way I do it so I can bury the sticks and concentrate on stopping the snap where I want it. I fly Futaba as well as a JR 12X and a DX-18QQ. The Futaba will do it on a stick position and some friends are playing with that but I've not wanted to get on that setup so I still use a three position switch as Wayne mentioned here.
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb