Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Topics > Profile Planes
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
vsnap
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Default Profile Bipe plans

Any good Profiles Bipes out there anymore? Looking for a set of plans to build from in the future and was wondering what was available and how they rate.
Carden Yak 37% (FOR SALE $1100)
Hemple HyperBipe ( FOR SALE T.B.D.)
vsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Orelelbaz6
Why not inverted???

it depends how big and eletric or gas but for eletrics) http://www.dwfoamies.com/index.php?o...=31&Itemid=343 or http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL9080
Orelelbaz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
CanCanCase
Look, I can hover a foamy!

Send a message via AIM to CanCanCase

Depends what you want to do with a profile bipe. There are Boxxers and Ultimates that pop up available from time to time. SIG is still kitting an Ultimate profile, and there are some great looking plans for a GBR50 Bipe that was designed from the ground up as a profile 3D monster.

How are your scratch building skills? ;-)

- Case
CanCanCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
vsnap

Not bad. Any more information on the GBR50? I am not looking for a foamy or the sig kits I am talking a modern profile 3d bipe.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
chumley
Uber Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by vsnap
View Post
Not bad. Any more information on the GBR50? I am not looking for a foamy or the sig kits I am talking a modern profile 3d bipe.
http://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com...p?f=20&t=31169

I think Ron (Triflyer3D) is selling plans for about $20 (it's in the thread somewhere). The Balsa Store will occasionally run kits: http://www.thebalsastore.com/
chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
vsnap

Thanks Guys I found it and the plans are on the way
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
CanCanCase
Look, I can hover a foamy!

Send a message via AIM to CanCanCase

Quote: Originally Posted by vsnap
View Post
Thanks Guys I found it and the plans are on the way
They're a great set of plans. Ron does awesome work. I'm under wife-orders (you know, the kind I'm WAY worse-off if I ignore?!) to get a few of these kits out of the way before I tackle a scratch build.

You gonna post up a build thread?

- Case
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
vsnap

Well I could if wanted on FG. I should get the plans next week and I have all the wood on hand it would just be a matter of getting the tube, guess I should dig up the size and get it ordered. I will be doing some double cuts as I believe I will use the paper templates to make wood templates to keep on hand for later on.
Now I also found the GBR70 thread and will definitly be building a few of these up also. I inquired about the plans but they are not available yet Ron said due to some changes being made. When they due come in I will do a build thread on that plane for sure if I have time.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
vsnap

Received the plans and spent a few hours reviewing them. This isnt that big of a deal for cutting, typical scratch build airplane except replace formers with the fuse puzzel. Not all bad.
One thing I realized is no matter how hard I was hoping not I would have to buy a new engine for this so I am going to go slow on the build process and work on it in my spare time. I just cant purchase a new engine at this time.
It did to one thing for me, I completely cleaned my table off and got many fatties out of the way (cant afford equipment or engines for them either for a loooong time) so I could build again. It will not go with out waste, I just need to get some measurements so I can make the engine mount wide enough for the engine I choose.

The plans are awesome and well detatiled. I am awaiting the GBR70 as I know of a person with an appropriate engine sitting idle for that one.

Scott
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
joebob2
Super Contributor

The GBR70 is a nice design, but it's got a lot of parts to cut. I scratched one out a few months ago and did a build thread on it over on the ProBro site. Flew well with a DLE-30, but a Mintor 38 would make it rock. Mine came out tailheavy and I had to add about 3oz to the nose for balance. You could probably cut a lot of weight out of it by going to a standard stick built fuse instead of the lite ply sides, and using balsa for the ribs.
joebob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
vsnap

Quote: Originally Posted by joebob2
View Post
The GBR70 is a nice design, but it's got a lot of parts to cut. I scratched one out a few months ago and did a build thread on it over on the ProBro site. Flew well with a DLE-30, but a Mintor 38 would make it rock. Mine came out tailheavy and I had to add about 3oz to the nose for balance. You could probably cut a lot of weight out of it by going to a standard stick built fuse instead of the lite ply sides, and using balsa for the ribs.
I guess this was figured out already as plans are on hold till the redesign is done. When I purchased the Bipe plans I tried to get a set of the GBR70 also and he said he wanted to wait till he changed them a bit due to the balance situation.
I saw the build threads for these but really was not much said about the flying part or changes being made. It is just a really good looking profile and I am just idlely waiting for it as I cannot purchase any kits due to funds. I do however have a bunch of wood laying around waiting to beturned into something eventually.