logo
Old 05-24-2016, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by jhelber08
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2013
885 Posts
Also, while I'm thinking about it, I know my gen1 when I got it could not balance 3 aileron servos. Can it do it now with recent firmware? I never updated it after I got it and I have a friend who wants to get a gen1 to replace is old jr tx and he wants to be able to do 3 aileron wings so he can ditch his smart flys. He called horizon but the guy he talked to didn't know for sure and said he thought it could. Just curious if somebody here knows for sure.
jhelber08 is offline Find More Posts by jhelber08
Old 05-25-2016, 07:08 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
2,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelber08 View Post
So I kind of have a question to see what yalls thoughts are on this. I have a stealth edition DX18 and have had it for about a year now. I've noticed on my newest plane that when I fly my rudder keeps going slightly out of trim throughout the flight. I thought maybe it was pull pull slipping as I'll take off with the rudder perfectly centered and without touching the trim, I will land and have a few degrees of deflection. I can turn the plane off and wait 20-30 minutes and when I power up for the next flight it is perfectly centered again without changing anything. It kind of got me thinking, and the more I thought about it I have been fighting some slight trim issues with some of my other planes ever since I've had that radio. There's just about always a cross wind where I fly so I don't really ever notice the rudder being out of trim because I'm just about always using it. Just curious if there is a way to for sure tell its the radio or if I have something else funky going on with multiple planes. Next time I go out I will take my old DX18 out and fly to see if it does it as well. I know when I flew with it I hardly ever touched the trim tabs unless it was a new plane and now I find my self adding a click here and a click there but I've never noticed a surface being that visibly far off after a flight and then returning to normal on the next flight.
Just look in the servo monitor and take note of the normal rudder center. Also make note of the rudder servo centers in the airplane.
When your rudder trim changes:
1) Has the rudder servos physical position changed ?
2) If it has, double check the servos monitor in the transmitter and see if the rudder center has moved.

This should tell you whether the change occurred in the airplane or the transmitter and it should be pretty simple to figure out from there.

Wayne
wfield0455 is offline Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 AM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,497 Posts
I have a Gen 1, and it has been perfect for what, 4 years now?
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 05-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by Carruthers43
United States, MD, Waldorf
Joined Aug 2010
776 Posts
Good to hear... I am quite particular in my stick setup... My 11x has short sticks and really stiff springs... Has anyone put stiff springs in the 18? Mine will be here tomorrow! Pretty excited! Been flying 23 of my 27 years and this is only my second new trasmitter... And wouldn't you know, it's technically way out of date.. :-(
Carruthers43 is offline Find More Posts by Carruthers43
Old 05-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
New Hampshire, USA
Joined Nov 2009
6,497 Posts
The DX18 has externally adjustable stick force.
ghoffman is offline Find More Posts by ghoffman