Ebow is offline Find More Posts by Ebow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by Ebow
United Kingdom, Rossendale
Joined Jul 2015
22 Posts
Ok, went to the field today, weather couldn't have been better for a maiden, zero wind and clear skies. Ran the first tank on the ground without a hitch. Now time to actually fly, wow, awesome. Couple of clicks on the up elevator and one click on the aileron and she was fine. Inverted needed a little down elevator but not bad. Landing was easy, although I had the idle a little high so it could have come down a little slower but no hops down the runway, even got a clap for the rather large audience at the field. By my third flight I had full throws on and was really beginning to get the feel, nice on knife edge even with the slight nose heavy. Fourth flight...........why didn't I stop at three! Flight was going well, then boom.... There was only me and one other flying, but I had to pick a time to fly when there was a learner on his WOT 4. Long story short I was in straight and level as was he but lower than me coming the other way, he said afterwards he started to climb for god knows reason and hit me from underneath. He told me after he panicked when he saw we were heading towards each other and tried to turn away but climbed on the turn. And that was that. At home now taking it to pieces to see what I can salvage, so far the engine looks ok, prop shaft not bent so will get it on a test stand and see. Haven't managed to take the servos out yet but I think they are ok. All in all I think it's just the airframe I have to replace, so it could be worse. Wow she was nice, landings easy, handled great, what a hobby. So much joy and so much disappointment in one day.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Find More Posts by FlightPunch34
At High Altitude...
Joined Aug 2013
291 Posts
Sorry to hear Ebow,get a fuselage and rebuild it,well worth it..... things happen,but stories could always be worse!
FlightPunch34 is offline Find More Posts by FlightPunch34
Old 08-17-2015, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by jclaude
Belgium
Joined Sep 2008
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebow View Post
...So much joy and so much disappointment in one day.

Just as life! I understand your disappointment, I had the same misfortune, few years ago... Courage!

Blue skies!
jclaude is offline Find More Posts by jclaude
Old 08-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by Ebow
Joined Jul 2015
22 Posts
Thanks guys. Since seen a video of the crash, only a few seconds long, I still can't make out the WOT 4, no noise and mostly white.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by Ebow
Joined Jul 2015
22 Posts
Got the fateful moment on YouTube. Like I said you cant see a lot but hopefully it will serve as a reminder for others to keep an eye out especially when there are learners

Hangar9 Inverza 33 mid - air collision (0 min 12 sec)

Live and learn.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by RobFB
United Kingdom, England, Gloucestershire
Joined Jun 2015
53 Posts
Ouch, that's painful.
RobFB is offline Find More Posts by RobFB
Old 08-20-2015, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by MICKEL
C.H.E.A.P.
Joined Apr 2008
97 Posts
It seems beginners gravitate into Hangar 9 planes. This is second one I've seen. First was a top wing trainer going into an 85cc H-9 SU29SE at the club field. Ouch is right.
MICKEL is offline Find More Posts by MICKEL
Old 08-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by Ebow
Joined Jul 2015
22 Posts
Here we go again......😊
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM
C.H.E.A.P.
Joined Apr 2008
97 Posts
Nice. Maybe you can add an air-to-air missile setup on it to keep those pesky trainers at bay!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:08 AM
At High Altitude...
Joined Aug 2013
291 Posts
Hi all,

Well one of my You-tube subscribers has recently made contact with me and guess what,he has arrived to me with a brand new Inverza-33, he said he liked the plane from watching my videos,he is from a near by county in ireland and loves flying,so he made contact with me and asked me if i was intrested in setting it all up inc starting engine and getting it all running,i said no problem

So i got the task of setting all this plane up,he is using a very fancy Horizon power box which i havn't yet seen,it takes two power packs like most of them and is very nice.

He came down two weeks ago and i got it all set up with engine running in some of that day,he was delighted,i'm just glad to help him out,i had a nice bit of work trying to get that RX and the whole plane set up in this short time.

This saturday,he wants me to break in engine and have the first few flights of it.

Will feel good to fly a new Inverza again,and as i say i'm only glad to help out

Here is a few pics of Shanes plane and the video i done for him of first engine fire up

Shane is using the Horizon Cockpit AR12200RX & Evoloution 33cc engine.

So we are excited about the first few flights and hopefully all going according to plan i will be flying with him then with my new Evo 33cc powered Yak 54 also for future follow up flights.
Dan

Shanes Shiny new Inverza-33 -- Evo 33 Break in..... (1 min 1 sec)
Last edited by FlightPunch34; 08-27-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:13 AM
C.H.E.A.P.
Joined Apr 2008
97 Posts
Nice work Dan he is going to love it! Now can you build me a .....
Old 08-28-2015, 10:51 AM
At High Altitude...
Joined Aug 2013
291 Posts
Well i must be fair and leave this comment,i recently went with a cheaper kit a Yak-54 myself from peak model,and while the quality was very very good even so i had some extra work on it......the point i'm trying to make is for the extra money- you can see where the money is going with a Hangar-9 model,the quality is astounding on the H9 kits,it's only when you buy other kits you see all the extra details that went in to the Inverza.

Yes we are looking forward to getting Shane in the air with this one

He is very excited.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by Ebow
Joined Jul 2015
22 Posts
Awesome Dan. Looking forward to seeing the videos. Have you posted some build pictures of the Yak on another thread/forum?
Old 08-29-2015, 05:22 AM
At High Altitude...
Joined Aug 2013
291 Posts
Hello Ebow,

Thanks,yes i have here on the build section and over on RCG, by the way sorry to hear about your Inverza,god that was very bad luck!
But you will be back in the air soon,another Inverza is worth it,trust me.

Here is the most recent vid of my Yak,the first low 3D flying with it actually,Evo engine running nice,i can lighten this plane a lot more than this,in the planning now,it's already far lighter airframe than the inverza,i must weigh them and make comparisons.

Yak 54--33CC -- Low 3D-- (5 min 19 sec)
Last edited by FlightPunch34; 08-31-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Quick Reply