Old 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Team Epoxy
Madison IL.
Joined Sep 2006
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
so how was the fest??
Crowed flying. Lot less vendors than before. But could walk through the place this year without so many people as most years....I come back with a plane. But lost 4 Battery's...LOL
RICH M is offline Find More Posts by RICH M
Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Team Epoxy
Madison IL.
Joined Sep 2006
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyz43 View Post
OK here are some photos of my latest project.....This was my project for E-fest this year..

Did you get the pictures Gary? That was cool. That motor you could hear throughout the place.
There was a thousand of them little H9 things flying around. I got caught behind the concord and Cargo plane with the 4 engines counter rotating draft. My MX2 I thought the battery's were dieing quick. Till they went pass and I felt the air from them.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Team Epoxy
Madison IL.
Joined Sep 2006
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
+1 on the 9mm. It requires less cf bracing and doesn't twist or flex as much as a 6mm.
Your on the right track with 6 & 9 mil for outdoor Tomas. I think Mike is also talking of the Bracing as Donatas does in his Ailerons and Elevators.

It does help a lot for aileron flex with that foam lightened. But then go to Braden Chittys VPP Video and slow video down. Take a look how far the tail is behind plane twisted in rollers. They all do it. They are foam...LOL

STLAV8R That's special order for you John the Plus 1 with steel reinforcement for flying again after burying to ground...LOL
Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Poor Gimbals
Joined Jan 2010
3,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH M View Post
Your on the right track with 6 & 9 mil for outdoor Tomas. I think Mike is also talking of the Bracing as Donatas does in his Ailerons and Elevators.

It does help a lot for aileron flex with that foam lightened. But then go to Braden Chittys VPP Video and slow video down. Take a look how far the tail is behind plane twisted in rollers. They all do it. They are foam...LOL

STLAV8R That's special order for you John the Plus 1 with steel reinforcement for flying again after burying to ground...LOL
HAHA I will have many options with each kit. One will be the extra use of aileron carbon truss. I will make it an option, and the extra carbon will be included with the kit. For my taste, I just keep the ailerons solid. I like the way it flies. Just for gits and shiggles... I put 2 jr ds188's on my 3.8oz (which is now 4.1 with the other servo) TAS Eagle out of depron aero... It is sooooo much fun to have absolutely no blowback! hahahaha favorite eagle yet!
T_Simatovic is offline Find More Posts by T_Simatovic
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2006
117 Posts

I have this yellow and black Yak sitting on my bench I kinda need to sell...I really don't want to considering how clean the Yak 55 logo came out on the milled side but I do need the money to get to Texas in march This is a feather milled(bottom hinged) complete kit, the owner of the model should have no issues building it in between 4-4.5 if they use the right equipment and the right amount of glue. Please PM me if you are interested, you can see Waynes build thread at: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=70635

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 AM
Doo It! Doo It!
Joined Feb 2011
165 Posts

Hay guys. I have noticed a lot of the foamies that they have a frame type look about them??
I was thinking it was maybe the paint and someone getting fancy... But I've noticed a lot of them have this look about them.
So can someone tell me if this is just paint? Or are you guys making foamies with frames now??
BigK is offline Find More Posts by BigK
Old 02-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Super Genius
Colonial Heights, VA
Joined Sep 2008
1,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigK View Post
Hay guys. I have noticed a lot of the foamies that they have a frame type look about them??
I was thinking it was maybe the paint and someone getting fancy... But I've noticed a lot of them have this look about them.
So can someone tell me if this is just paint? Or are you guys making foamies with frames now??
Those are what they call "milled". They are milling away a lot of the foam (about half way through) leaving a frame like look and making them lighter.
wecoyote is offline Find More Posts by wecoyote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2006
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wecoyote View Post
Those are what they call "milled". They are milling away a lot of the foam (about half way through) leaving a frame like look and making them lighter.
Its a lot more than half
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Wah wah wee wah!!
Greensboro, NC
Joined Mar 2006
1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomascratchbuild View Post
Just for gits and shiggles... I put 2 jr ds188's on my 3.8oz (which is now 4.1 with the other servo) TAS Eagle out of depron aero... It is sooooo much fun to have absolutely no blowback! hahahaha favorite eagle yet!
Or ya could just put one S3154 on instead and never have any blowback to begin with!
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2006
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpapilot View Post
Or ya could just put one S3154 on instead and never have any blowback to begin with!
Or you could fix the issues forever and strip the case off a 65 hb you can easily hit the 7-8g mark with this servo.

I've always experienced a lot of blowback when trying to do stationary flat spins and using a 3154, Ive also stripped a 3154 snaping a 4.5 oz yak into a hover

Chris
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2006
117 Posts

BTW the yellow and black yak is gone
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Poor Gimbals
Joined Jan 2010
3,758 Posts

Quote:
Are the s3154's that much better than the s3114's? if so, you know i will go back!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Poor Gimbals
Joined Jan 2010
3,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Its a lot more than half
very true! some might say that were not saving half the airframe weight because we are leaving some edges and patterns un milled, but we are going 2/3rds depth! My milled TAS Foamies depron aero 34" eagle weighed the same as a milled depron airframe before it was milled! After i finished, It left the foam weight at 20g! It weighs 4.0oz with 4 servos and battery! Im running 2 jr ds188's and 2 hs35hd's!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Gettin' Lower!
Memphis,TN
Joined Jan 2006
67 Posts

Or he could just use a 8717 hv will have no blowback PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Quote:
aglenn is offline Find More Posts by aglenn
Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
beavercreek, Ohio USA
Joined Sep 2006
66 Posts

there isnt much of a weight difference between milling 1/3, 1/2 or 3/4; But there is a huge strength difference between milling 1/3, 1/2 and 3/4 of the way through, the 1/3 milled in much stronger than the 3/4 milled. Most of your weight savings is actually coming from removing the outer skin of the foam. The middle of the foam is actual like an air pocket and doesnt contain much weight.
scottiesoccer1 is offline Find More Posts by scottiesoccer1