logo
Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by R_adical
United States, MT, Garrison
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts

A note to all

FRANKENPLANES rebirth will begin Saturday, you should all be verry verry afraid!!!!

Rick
R_adical is offline Find More Posts by R_adical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 10-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Find More Posts by helivflyer
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
889 Posts
You are going to have to send some pictures of it in the bones once you strip the skin off.
helivflyer is offline Find More Posts by helivflyer
Old 10-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
i will do that as well as the rebuild/facelift
Old 10-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by Trumpetman
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Feb 2008
391 Posts
Frankenplane

Will you be posting a rebuild thread?
Trumpetman is offline Find More Posts by Trumpetman
Old 10-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
That is my intent
Old 10-21-2016, 10:07 AM
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
889 Posts
I look forward to seeing it.
BTW Clark has already taken the bulls by the horns and has the 2017 judging school on the IMAC schedule. It is a rules cycle year so I would expect many students with many questions.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
So I was able to pick the Franken Plane up yesterday in Seattle, Brian had everything ready for me when i got there so I was in and out and headed backto Montana in no time.

The plane for being 15 years old is in remarkably good shape, i took some before pictures and will take pictures during the recover.

So far I have stripped the Monokote off of one STAB, it took 3 hours to get it all off as it is very brittle on the top side of the stab, the bottom side (away from the sun) was much easier.

Stay tuned there is a long way to go...

Rick
Old 10-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_adical View Post
So I was able to pick the Franken Plane up yesterday in Seattle, Brian had everything ready for me when i got there so I was in and out and headed backto Montana in no time.

The plane for being 15 years old is in remarkably good shape, i took some before pictures and will take pictures during the recover.

So far I have stripped the Monokote off of one STAB, it took 3 hours to get it all off as it is very brittle on the top side of the stab, the bottom side (away from the sun) was much easier.

Stay tuned there is a long way to go...

Rick
Here are some pics so far
Old 10-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by chymas
"Those Guys"
United States, WA
Joined Dec 2011
721 Posts
2017 Season......

Guys,
I have been working on a few options for the 2017 season and possibly shifting a few dates around for various reasons.

Here is what I am looking at so far:
April 8 – TCRCM Grizzly Bear (the other Richland Club) I have a wink and a nod on this but not 100% confirmed yet.
April 22 – Medford
April 29 – Higgins
May 20 – Boise
June 3 – Silver Hills
June 24 – Othello Weavers Field
July 8 – Zillah
July 29 – Molalla???
Aug 26 – Wenatchee???
Sep 30 – Higgins Regionals

I’ve talked with the Zillah club, they like having us but would prefer to keep it to one contest. The reason for moving the date on this one is to avoid having to wait for the workers in the grapes during the week for practice.

I talked to Steve a bit about the date for Silver Hills, haven’t talked to Tim or Keith yet.

Looking at moving the Boise contest to a spring date in the hopes the desert won’t be quite so much like a desert that time of year.

I would really like to get some contests back on the west side – if those of you who live over there could come up with something I would be happy to accommodate. Possibly Bellingham? Skagit County?

I am working on Wenatchee, doesn’t look promising but I will keep at it.

At this point it is all open for discussion if anyone has some input. I would appreciate if some of you could step up to CD a contest this year. I would also like to see someone that maybe is not a CD help out as an assistant CD to not only learn the ropes of what’s needed but relieve some of the responsibilities off the CD.

On a side note - The PNW 300 is coming along great! It's looking so good it might just fly itself.
chymas is offline Find More Posts by chymas
Old 10-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post
Guys,
I have been working on a few options for the 2017 season and possibly shifting a few dates around for various reasons.

Here is what I am looking at so far:
April 8 – TCRCM Grizzly Bear (the other Richland Club) I have a wink and a nod on this but not 100% confirmed yet.
April 22 – Medford
April 29 – Higgins
May 20 – Boise
June 3 – Silver Hills
June 24 – Othello Weavers Field
July 8 – Zillah
July 29 – Molalla???
Aug 26 – Wenatchee???
Sep 30 – Higgins Regionals

I’ve talked with the Zillah club, they like having us but would prefer to keep it to one contest. The reason for moving the date on this one is to avoid having to wait for the workers in the grapes during the week for practice.

I talked to Steve a bit about the date for Silver Hills, haven’t talked to Tim or Keith yet.

Looking at moving the Boise contest to a spring date in the hopes the desert won’t be quite so much like a desert that time of year.

I would really like to get some contests back on the west side – if those of you who live over there could come up with something I would be happy to accommodate. Possibly Bellingham? Skagit County?

I am working on Wenatchee, doesn’t look promising but I will keep at it.

At this point it is all open for discussion if anyone has some input. I would appreciate if some of you could step up to CD a contest this year. I would also like to see someone that maybe is not a CD help out as an assistant CD to not only learn the ropes of what’s needed but relieve some of the responsibilities off the CD.

On a side note - The PNW 300 is coming along great! It's looking so good it might just fly itself.

I like it as it avoids holiday weekends
Old 10-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Mar 2006
889 Posts
I would like to see the Canadian crew, as well as the North Dakota folks, chime in and start looking at their dates as well. I would love to attend an event in Canada with a few others from the US. I like the idea of having an assistant CD at the contests. It will give them an opportunity to spread their wings and become the next years CD.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM
Find More Posts by welton1720
Old Guys Rule
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2012
216 Posts
It brings me much sorrow to post here the news that our friend Bob Pearson has passed, he has been an interagal part of our club, and the inception of our contest, all the way to making it out to score his last one dispite all he had going on at that time. I PM'd Mike to please put us on the schedule for next July
29-30th for the MOLRCA Bob Pearson Memorial IMAC. The sale fell through on the property, so as for now looks like we may be ok for a while.
Russ
welton1720 is offline Find More Posts by welton1720
Old 10-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Frankenplane Halloween update

So far I have stripped 2 Stabs, 1 Wing and the Canopy Frame as well as half of the tail of the fuse.

Texize K2R is being used to remove oil from spots where it has accumulated over the years.

There is a good bit of filling with very lite compound of dents and dings on leading edges and alot of spit going into surface for spots that have been dinged over the years. As you can imagine there are many repairs which i am sanding out and making smooth.

Pics below including a pic of what it may look like when done

Rick
Last edited by R_adical; 10-31-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add a picture
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by sthudson
Grants Pass, OR
Joined Sep 2007
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welton1720 View Post
It brings me much sorrow to post here the news that our friend Bob Pearson has passed, he has been an interagal part of our club, and the inception of our contest, all the way to making it out to score his last one dispite all he had going on at that time. I PM'd Mike to please put us on the schedule for next July
29-30th for the MOLRCA Bob Pearson Memorial IMAC. The sale fell through on the property, so as for now looks like we may be ok for a while.
Russ
Russ, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. There's too many "memorial" events, with ours being one as well

At the same time I'm happy to hear the good news about your field. I'd love to come up again this summer. I've always enjoyed the contests there.

Scott
sthudson is offline Find More Posts by sthudson
Old 11-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by wingwall
Edgewood, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,217 Posts
So sad to hear about Bob Pearson passing. I talked with him when at the Molalla Contest, and it was great to see him again. He mentioned serious health issues, but did not go into details. Seemed to be enjoying that he could be there and do the scoring.
wingwall is offline Find More Posts by wingwall

Quick Reply