Old 06-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Find More Posts by Shahid B
Sideburn Shahid
London, England
Joined Jan 2006
189 Posts
2.4 Ghz spectrum radios

Hello

A question if anyone can clarify this forme, these new radios seem pretty good with their scanning features and such. But there is alot of other equipment which operates on 2.4 Ghz? Like military transmitters and those devices which are used to track people. Also wireless LAN and internet operate on this band if I'm correct? Whats the chances of this stuff going on the spectrum 2.4 Ghx channels?

I would have thought they don't really scan like the spectrum stuff, just transmit freely. Unless there is a portion that has been resverved for rc? (As with other bands)

Cheers

Shahid
Shahid B is offline Find More Posts by Shahid B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Find More Posts by edgeit
Joined Jun 2006
6 Posts
Re: 2.4 Ghz spectrum radios

I am wondering about the same thing 'cause my 5.8 Ghz cordless phone interferes with the 5.8 Ghz wireless router sometimes.
edgeit is offline Find More Posts by edgeit
Old 06-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by Biff
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2006
3,223 Posts

Shahid, good question! There are all manner of things on 2.4. It's been explained to me several times, but I don't feel comfortable explaining it as I might make a mistake. I'll have someone who REALLY knows the system come in and explain. Thanks for the question. We'll get you an answer from a pro. Biff
Biff is offline Find More Posts by Biff
Old 06-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by 3DFreak576
Shank Bangin'
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Joined Jan 2006
673 Posts

Im no pro but im pretty sure there is no set channel on the spread spectrum radio systems, someone told me that they jump around from frequency to frequency (hence the **spread** in spread spectrum)..that is why its almost impossible to get "hit"
3DFreak576 is offline Find More Posts by 3DFreak576
Old 06-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by Team Breen
Flyin' Around
lake wales Fl. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3 Posts

Hi Guys I am no expert but I have been flying several 2.4 set ups testing prototype Foamys at work for the last several months with out so much as a glitch and I have flown in some really bad places ( Under power lines around big metal buildings ) also I have a wirles router that is on 2.4 in my hobby room and have flown right out side with no problems. As I understand it the FCC requires that all 2.4 devices do not interfere with one another there was a really good article in AMA a few moths ago ( I think it was Either Feb or March ) It explained how 2.4 works and why we should not have any problems with inference from out side sources . I will try to find out what month that article and pass along the info .
Sorry about my spelling .
Have fun flying .
Mike
Team Breen is offline Find More Posts by Team Breen
Old 06-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by rightflyer
United States, OH, Grove City
Joined Apr 2006
119 Posts

I think the catch is this. As long as every device conforms to the existing standards, devices at 2.4 should not interfere wit each other at all. Of course, if someone designs device that has some change in software protocols-well, it is possible.
rightflyer is offline Find More Posts by rightflyer
Old 06-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by Shahid B
Sideburn Shahid
London, England
Joined Jan 2006
189 Posts

Thanks for the info guys
Shahid B is offline Find More Posts by Shahid B
Old 06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Find More Posts by ouch!
Its fokker time
Baltimore
Joined Jan 2006
378 Posts

The 2.4 can't clash with any other frequencies because to use a frequencies you need a specific GUID code (the binding mode on the tx). There are millions of guids, so no problem, they wouldn't release a tx without doing extensive testing first.

I have one and love it!
ouch! is offline Find More Posts by ouch!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by Albruno
Joined Jan 2006
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsme
The 2.4 can't clash with any other frequencies because to use a frequencies you need a specific GUID code (the binding mode on the tx). There are millions of guids, so no problem, they wouldn't release a tx without doing extensive testing first.

I have one and love it!
Absolutely possitively correct !! The receiver will only obey the commands from it's tx, which sends out a identifier. Receiver picks up a command and says ID not from TX, "Go take a hike", Yep there's the ID, "Your wish is my command".
Albruno is offline Find More Posts by Albruno

Quick Reply