logo
Old 04-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4ghz View Post
Alburton, I'm sorry for your loss but I lost 4 planes with my A9 and guess what I am still flying with it, you know why because i had faith that Hitec would fix the problem and my friend guess what they did. I had that faith in the radio because I knew that it would take a grand to get another radio that would do what the A9 does, What you need to do is talk to Mike Mayberry and see what hitec can do for you, DO NOT GIVE UP on this radio it is a great radio, I fly with a 72mhz module and a 2.4 module and after changing the Module the problem was fixed never have had another issue with it.
DO NOT GIVE UP ON IT. in less you have some bucks to get another one, you have to remember they all have had there share of problems give them a chance as you already know it is a nice radio, easiest radio to program on the market for sure. I know it hurts when you lose a plane weather its a foamy or a 40%er I lost approx 3k in planes that well could of happen with any radio. The first thing people do is blame the radio and it could of very well been but its done it crashed now fix the problem and not by buying another radio fix the one you have it is worth it.

just my 2 cents my friend.

I dont intend any disrespect but dude........really? you ditched 4 planes and continued to fly the radio because hitec would fix it? doesnt sound like a well thought out plan to me. Im not dogging the radio, i have a friend who has one, and grounded it until the bugs were worked out, and he loves it now. but he did ground it for a while for safety sake.

one other thing i should say here. i bought 2.4g when they first came out. i got a spektrum module for my 9303, and i have never ever ever had a loss of signal to the plane. Its not really fair to say that all radios experience these problems. the dsm2 blackout problems were power system related. not really a radio problem with a proper power system. ok, just wanted to interject that into the discussion. i'll be quiet and take my flogging like a man now.....LOL
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Glad to here every thing worked out, the main thing here is everyone is flying regardless of the radio there flying.

well losing 4 planes was tough but it was not like i just crashed one and then pulled out another and crashed and another, I changed some things that I was told to change to see what the problem was and well it took 4 to do it but I was smart enough to fly the cheap planes not my high $$$$ planes but I fly them now with not a lick of problems. Its a perfect radio just like the F radio but a hell of lot less expensive, it doesnt play my favorite MP3's but it works great for flying airplanes. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
I dont intend any disrespect but dude........really? you ditched 4 planes and continued to fly the radio because hitec would fix it? doesnt sound like a well thought out plan to me. Im not dogging the radio, i have a friend who has one, and grounded it until the bugs were worked out, and he loves it now. but he did ground it for a while for safety sake.

one other thing i should say here. i bought 2.4g when they first came out. i got a spektrum module for my 9303, and i have never ever ever had a loss of signal to the plane. Its not really fair to say that all radios experience these problems. the dsm2 blackout problems were power system related. not really a radio problem with a proper power system. ok, just wanted to interject that into the discussion. i'll be quiet and take my flogging like a man now.....LOL
2.4ghz is offline Find More Posts by 2.4ghz
Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by planecajun
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2008
2,287 Posts
$3000 divided by 4 is $750 per plane........so, in retrospect..........you could have crashed 1 plane @ 750 bucks, and bought a 12x for $1500 and that would have been a total of $2250.........you would have saved $750 bucks.........LOL

Just joking with you.
planecajun is offline Find More Posts by planecajun
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
ya that is very true, but I also would have had one of them radio's that I would of had to take a class on how to program it and ware one of them red polo shirts, or by a F radio and ware one of them UGLY orange shirts.
I will never have to buy another radio again now, as this radio can do anything the 12x can do and I can program it faster. + it doesnt have that expensive look to it, I don't want to many people knowing I got money when i fly because when you have one of them high dollar radio and you land in the dirt or off the runway people always say look he has that 1500.00 radio and still can't fly.
So thanks for the offer on how i could of spent my money but sometimes its hard to teach a old dog new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planecajun View Post
$3000 divided by 4 is $750 per plane........so, in retrospect..........you could have crashed 1 plane @ 750 bucks, and bought a 12x for $1500 and that would have been a total of $2250.........you would have saved $750 bucks.........LOL

Just joking with you.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by Eganwp
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Maiden successful!!! Dual Optima 9 RX's worked wonderfully, along with the Tech-Aero IBEC.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...=65108&page=15

Egan
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
Awesome Travis that video was great nice job. And it looks like a great flying plane also.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Thanks 2.4! The range test again with the newest fw was much further than i cared to run, even with the engine running with the ibec.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Feb 2010
659 Posts
that is just great, I have not had any issues at all either. Everything seems to be working like its suppose to, Thanks to Mike and the crew at Hitec you can not beat the service for sure.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by oldrookie
Joined Apr 2008
95 Posts
Very nice job Egan.
I'm glad to hear that you had a successful maiden, and no more doubts about the A9.

Greg
oldrookie is offline Find More Posts by oldrookie
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Thanks Greg. I hope all is going well with you too. Glad to hear yours is working well 2.4. its funny how quiet these threads gey when all is working well.

+2 on a big thanks to Mike and the guys over at Hitec.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by zx32tt
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Apr 2006
558 Posts
Now I'm totally confused. I was cautioned recently by Mike M of Hitec, NOT to use dual RX's for this type of set up. He reccomended using a power expander. I'm glad your's is workin well, and hope that it continues to do so. I have a 40% plane I want to set up similar your's, but have not as yet.

ps: IMAC judges do not like noisy planes. The quieter, the better.
zx32tt is offline Find More Posts by zx32tt
Last edited by zx32tt; 04-24-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx32tt View Post
Now I'm totally confused. I was cautioned recently by Mike M of Hitec, NOT to use dual RX's for this type of set up. He reccomended using a power expander. I'm glad your's is workin well, and hope that it continues to do so. I have a 40% plane I want to set up similar your's, but have not as yet.

ps: IMAC judges do not like noisy planes. The quieter, the better.

Did he say why? i can't see any negatives to running dual recievers.
jamesrxx951 is offline Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Know God,no fear!
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2007
3,681 Posts
He told me the same thing.I did notice when I tried it,using 2 different batteries (just cause what I had laying around)
a 4.8 nimh and a 6v nimh,that I was receiving telemetry from each battery.The radio kept beeping and when I looked
the rx voltage was jumping between 4.8v and 6v. This could be an indication of a possible problem since it is receiving
info from each rx,perhaps the tx could get confused?Or perhaps a rx could get confused?I am just guessing here,perhaps Mike will chime in on why he suggest against using 2 rx's.
Jeff Sikes
Siko_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Siko_Flyer
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by Boomhauer
YOU HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY TAGGED!
Arkansas
Joined Oct 2006
1,472 Posts
dual rx's is old school for 72mhz, new technology is great.
Some folks just think they still need the extra redundancy.
Boomhauer is offline Find More Posts by Boomhauer
Old 04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Jesus saves!
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2009
1,025 Posts
Yep, its definately not required, however I didn't do it for extra redundancy, though it does provide that. I did it because of all the past glitching issues I had experienced on my other GS planes on older Firmware. I did it for piece of mind since I had a spare Optima 9 lying around. It also allows me to split the amp load on the rx buses in half, and also allows me to plug in 4x JR connectors worth of power without having to build 'Y's into multiple servo leads.

IMHO its a win win and the extra signal redundancy was the basis based on previous issues which have been resolved in the latest FW.

Quick Reply