logo
Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
49 Posts

my new engine mfe 80 , propeller super silent 24x10 , first run !!

markino is online now Find More Posts by markino
Old 02-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Wood Butcher
South Dakota
Joined Jan 2007
6,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Another thing to note, I think on positive pulls I am getting some interference at the air entering the carb. When pushing negative pulls it clearly is producing more power. I haven't opened up the hole in front of the carb yet but I will to see if this is what is happening. Any thoughts?
I opened mine from the get go in order to reach the choke. Never any change in positive or negative or any high-G turns. I have had this issue before on a couple of 40% planes though, but never with a 30-35% with a twin.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 02-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Just Do It
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Apr 2008
1,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post

Another thing to note, I think on positive pulls I am getting some interference at the air entering the carb. When pushing negative pulls it clearly is producing more power. I haven't opened up the hole in front of the carb yet but I will to see if this is what is happening. Any thoughts?
Brian are you talking about the simulated oil cooler on the lower part of the cowl? If so I would definitely open it to get air straight to the carb and like Terry said provide great access to the choke.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Mar 2013
117 Posts

Totally, I already planned on it. Thanks for the replies, makes me feel better about doing it,
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44