logo
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by pitviper51
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts
Re: 1/3 scale Blast from the Past... Zogling build

the model in those links is the bergfalke 1 this has been the hard part finding the III model. here is the actual history on my old glider i flew http://www.flg-dettingen.de/index.ph...201&Itemid=120

it was rebuilt 3 times tho i beleave does not fly anymore due to crash soon after i left in 2002.. i typically dont have time to build stuff, but i would for this project if the right kit or plan came along..
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by scaflock
My God! IT's full of Gliders!
United States, AZ, Bisbee
Joined May 2009
20 Posts

Just so everyone knows... The build is on hold pending getting the spruce I need. I'm having to order what amounts to a six foot 2X4 of spruce from a place here in Georgia that sells nothing but FAA certified spruce. So in the mean time I'm getting as many of the "honey-do's" finished up as I can. Anyone in central Georgia that is really really bored can feel free to stop on by. I'll put ya to work!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts

sounds good, build it right the first time itll last along time. if i was closer i would.
mike
Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by scaflock
My God! IT's full of Gliders!
United States, AZ, Bisbee
Joined May 2009
20 Posts

Well I've hit yet another snag or two here. The build is on hold until I get myself moved and a new shop set up in ARIZONA!!! This is both a curse and a blessing. The curse is the hassle of moving and all it takes to get that done. The blessing is that I'll be back out west in a drier climate without the constant inversion layer that sets itself up over the southeast every summer.

I've been looking at places in the area of Sierra Vista and McNeal. One that I've got my eye on has a 3bed/2bath home on 10 acres of FLAT land! I'll have to build a shop but that shouldn't take me long once I gt the slab for it poured. I'm thinking industrial metal building about the size of a 3 car garage here.

So since I'm not building right now, I've been designing instead. My current design project is a 194 in span XC sailplane and the details can be found at: http://rcgliderandsailplane.com/grou...rs-balsa-beast I've been getting ideas as well as some help from the other guys at the Balsa Brewery. See the thread for details of the project. As soon as I can I will be doing a build thread for it that will be copied to several different forums.

I'm really hating the delays but I am keeping in mind that once the move is over my time will be exactly that. MY TIME!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Burn Gas.. Bend wings.
Kentucky
Joined Apr 2006
9,354 Posts

best of luck with the move, looking forward to seeing the build at some point.

Quick Reply