Old 02-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Team 3DRC Hobbies
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Feb 2011
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightPunch34 View Post
Nothing funny really about it IMO for the manufacturers and the competition is harsh these days,so many options available now, but one can only think negative comments and airing of dirty laundry for all to read can and do sometimes hurt sales very much, (Like that FAAST / SPEKS video for example) especially when some are in doubt about the realiability of some products and when it sometimes can be questionable.....yes it can turn people off a lot of a product i think.

You know what's wrong these days is people are not happy no matter what they have,they have one plane today and want another tomorrow,they have a radio today and want a new one tomorrow.

You know what i honestly think, be happy with what you have and don't upgrade or buy unless you really NEED it.....

Too many people these days with more money than sense, it's the real enthusiaists are the ones you see flying a five year old radio and it getting the job done fine!!! lol

This thread is entertainment though!
For use that have as much sense as we have money, we have to spend it somewhere.
vegasking1961 is offline Find More Posts by vegasking1961
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Find More Posts by loopandroll - Ozzy
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2016
60 Posts
"For use" ???
loopandroll - Ozzy is offline Find More Posts by loopandroll - Ozzy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 02-09-2016, 03:26 AM
Find More Posts by Agusta
Suspended Account
Joined May 2014
13 Posts
Heres the Facts on the New BDSM 20 from Spektrum for all to see:
http://file.espritmodel.com/newslett...16-vs-dx20.jpg
Agusta is offline Find More Posts by Agusta
Old 02-09-2016, 03:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2014
13 Posts
According to RC Blogs or RC Forums the new DX20 appears to be a rather controversial product.

The views, opinions and positions expressed by those providing comments on these blogs are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions or any of our employee or team pilot. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information presented by individuals and/or commenters on blogs and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.

One thing i personally admire Spektrum for though is they are keeping away from all this new touch screen crap..... less expensive when things go wrong and less hassle, the more simple these radios are kept sometimes the better!

Yep, I have to agree - looks like a low rent prop from the Fast and the Furious. Interesting that they have not gone with Hall effect gimbals or a color screen - personally I don't like em as they are difficult to see I strong sunlight, but the 18SZ, DC24 and Horus have or will have colour they come out.

"Everyone has built in telemetry to almost all their air receivers, Spektrum, nothing" end quote

The DX20 looks pretty sharp to me. Pricey, but slick. Ergo's look nicer than the DX18, and leather grips will be better than rubber (no propensity to stickiness). Is it expensive? Sure. But overall I think Spektrum hit this one out of the park.

All the features look cool, but to be honest, its pretty darn ugly...

The one huge benefit I can see from this release is that there should be a large influx of DX18G2s being posted in the classified section soon by folks who have to have the latest and greatest! Hopefully I'll be able to snag a good deal on a more than adequate DX18g2.

Still not really seeing the value prop, unless you really need an extra channel over the DX7. Mostly this seems to be a DX9 is a DX7 case. Programming is the same as the 9 based on the feature list, it gets the better LCD, but the case is almost identical to the 7. If you wanted the 9's programming, but didn't need the sliders, here's your radio.

Love it. Back ordered mine already! Great value for high quality. Absolutely hit this one out.
(Disclaimer: Spektrum Team Pilot)

1300 bucks for another retrofit with the same crap screen but better gimbals.... how much will the SE, QQ version be with hall effect sensors ? Color screen can't please everybody but if they want more $$$$ they should have at least inserted e-ink technology screen

Re-housed DX18 gen 2's with gimmicky leather side grips and "carbon fibre" housing I bet really improves the transmitter resolution and feature set lol... they are charging up in Futaba 18sz price range for something that's nowhere near as good.

DX 20 , wow what a disappointment, The slight ugliness of it does not bother me , but why taunt users with all this supposed, amazing glider programming and than stick sliders on the back of the radio completely out of reach of pinch fliers, they must hate pinch fliers or do not care about that end of the market. If so release tray radios into US market. I have DX18 but I think that will be my last Spektrum radio. Alright I took the lack of built in telemetry crack out since there is some now. Just really disappointed.

The new Dx20 or call it what you might is still another Spektrum radio and in no way can compare to any of the Jeti radios either in quality or programming and wonder how many programming upgrades/ or fixes will come out after the physical release of the radio. As for their full telemetry , will be interesting to see what modules will be available. The face is still another standard radio front , nothing earth shattering with the screen at the bottom . It's telemetry functionality won't even come close to what Jeti has now with telemetry modules Available now. For the pricing of a DX20 being in the same back yard as Jeti and others ; have really never dug into what other brands can or can't do.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Find More Posts by jonnyflyhead - Ozzy
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2016
51 Posts
Love it! cool wadio.
jonnyflyhead - Ozzy is offline Find More Posts by jonnyflyhead - Ozzy
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta View Post
According to RC Blogs or RC Forums the new DX20 appears to be a rather controversial product.

The views, opinions and positions expressed by those providing comments on these blogs are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions or any of our employee or team pilot. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information presented by individuals and/or commenters on blogs and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use.

One thing i personally admire Spektrum for though is they are keeping away from all this new touch screen crap..... less expensive when things go wrong and less hassle, the more simple these radios are kept sometimes the better!

Yep, I have to agree - looks like a low rent prop from the Fast and the Furious. Interesting that they have not gone with Hall effect gimbals or a color screen - personally I don't like em as they are difficult to see I strong sunlight, but the 18SZ, DC24 and Horus have or will have colour they come out.

"Everyone has built in telemetry to almost all their air receivers, Spektrum, nothing" end quote

The DX20 looks pretty sharp to me. Pricey, but slick. Ergo's look nicer than the DX18, and leather grips will be better than rubber (no propensity to stickiness). Is it expensive? Sure. But overall I think Spektrum hit this one out of the park.

All the features look cool, but to be honest, its pretty darn ugly...

The one huge benefit I can see from this release is that there should be a large influx of DX18G2s being posted in the classified section soon by folks who have to have the latest and greatest! Hopefully I'll be able to snag a good deal on a more than adequate DX18g2.

Still not really seeing the value prop, unless you really need an extra channel over the DX7. Mostly this seems to be a DX9 is a DX7 case. Programming is the same as the 9 based on the feature list, it gets the better LCD, but the case is almost identical to the 7. If you wanted the 9's programming, but didn't need the sliders, here's your radio.

Love it. Back ordered mine already! Great value for high quality. Absolutely hit this one out.
(Disclaimer: Spektrum Team Pilot)

1300 bucks for another retrofit with the same crap screen but better gimbals.... how much will the SE, QQ version be with hall effect sensors ? Color screen can't please everybody but if they want more $$$$ they should have at least inserted e-ink technology screen

Re-housed DX18 gen 2's with gimmicky leather side grips and "carbon fibre" housing I bet really improves the transmitter resolution and feature set lol... they are charging up in Futaba 18sz price range for something that's nowhere near as good.

DX 20 , wow what a disappointment, The slight ugliness of it does not bother me , but why taunt users with all this supposed, amazing glider programming and than stick sliders on the back of the radio completely out of reach of pinch fliers, they must hate pinch fliers or do not care about that end of the market. If so release tray radios into US market. I have DX18 but I think that will be my last Spektrum radio. Alright I took the lack of built in telemetry crack out since there is some now. Just really disappointed.

The new Dx20 or call it what you might is still another Spektrum radio and in no way can compare to any of the Jeti radios either in quality or programming and wonder how many programming upgrades/ or fixes will come out after the physical release of the radio. As for their full telemetry , will be interesting to see what modules will be available. The face is still another standard radio front , nothing earth shattering with the screen at the bottom . It's telemetry functionality won't even come close to what Jeti has now with telemetry modules Available now. For the pricing of a DX20 being in the same back yard as Jeti and others ; have really never dug into what other brands can or can't do.

And your point is? Why do you feel it necessary to post all negatives in this thread. Your entire post list is in this thread just trying to stir up crap. If you don't like it, then move on. No need to keep bashing a product.
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Chix fly too.
Joined Jul 2011
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
And your point is? Why do you feel it necessary to post all negatives in this thread. Your entire post list is in this thread just trying to stir up crap. If you don't like it, then move on. No need to keep bashing a product.
He has the right his opinion and you have the right to not read it or think he is a troll if you do. and vice versa.

If you think what he says is wrong, argue with what he says and prove him wrong rather than trying to attack his personaility.

Ad hominem attacks are cheap and not constructve, and yes, I have been known to do it to people who I think are complete wazzocks, Agusta;s posting style seems familier.
Languid Virago is offline Find More Posts by Languid Virago
Old 02-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by ericb
Team WTFO
USA, SD, Worthing
Joined Mar 2006
9,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Languid Virago View Post
He has the right his opinion and you have the right to not read it or think he is a troll if you do. and vice versa.

If you think what he says is wrong, argue with what he says and prove him wrong rather than trying to attack his personaility.

Ad hominem attacks are cheap and not constructve, and yes, I have been known to do it to people who I think are complete wazzocks, Agusta;s posting style seems familier.
Just trying to figure out what the point is of bashing a product over and over?
ericb is offline Find More Posts by ericb
Old 02-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Suspended Account
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2008
2,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta View Post
Heres the Facts on the New BDSM 20 from Spektrum for all to see:
http://file.espritmodel.com/newslett...16-vs-dx20.jpg
LOL~ ZB sure never misses an opportunity to bash and point out all the shortcomings of his competitors.
Vapor Trails is offline Find More Posts by Vapor Trails
Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2016
51 Posts
There does exist extremes after reading many posts on this forum, extreme negatives and extreme positives, the extreme negatives bash products and the extreme positives bash people who do not use their products.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by cap23244
CAP 232'S AND COLT 44'S
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Jan 2011
584 Posts
I like the jeti but to me they seem overly hard/confusing to program. I am use to futaba. I belive you have to make your own mixes I may be wrong on that.
cap23244 is offline Find More Posts by cap23244
Old 02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2016
51 Posts
I have never had a problem programming any of the radios, some are slightly better than others but each has its own interesting features.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2014
13 Posts
The BDSM 20!

Here it is folks.
The 'ULTIMATE' new radio for your flying pleasure.
The new BDSM 20 comes with its own Whip and nothing else because thats all thats needed to get you excited about flying again....!
Old 02-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Find More Posts by MaceH
DA rocks
Joined Jun 2011
1,078 Posts
Looking forward to this transmitter- looks like it fixes the only weak area of the DX18 for me of the wimpy gimbals.

Good job not loading the thing up with lots of software and the many bug fixes required to keep all that code working.

Good job keeping the display screen costs down- pretty screen doesn't make my planes fly any better.

Great job keeping the redundant tx antenna.

Great job not antiquating all my Powersafe receivers!!!!!!
MaceH is offline Find More Posts by MaceH
Old 02-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Find More Posts by teckbot
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jan 2013
48 Posts
Love it or hate it, lets put things into perspective for the Canadian bunch. With the current discount on the CDN $ here are some prices - in CDN $'s
JETI Duplex DS-16 2.4GHz w/Telemetry -$2,315.00
FUTABA18SZ 2.4GHz Radio w/R7008SB Rx - $1,569.99
FUTABA18MZ 2.4GHz Aircraft Radio w/R7008SB Rx Mode 2 -$4,289.99
JR28X 28ch DMSS System w/RG031BX/Tx Case Xbus - $3,859.99
DX20 20 CH System w/ AR9020 - $1795.60

At this point, i am hanging onto my DX18QQ and DX8 radios
teckbot is offline Find More Posts by teckbot

Quick Reply