Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Find More Posts by ScottZ
Egg Harbor,NJ
Joined Jan 2006
462 Posts
Re: FG EXCLUSIVE: PRO FLOW 3-D CANNISTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Don View Post
First of all, i need to say again that your avitar is awesome. It makes me want to fly. Like Chris points out, I love the biela prop, big time. It's got a very smooth feel and it's quick to respond.
Thanks Father Don, I didn't even know someone was taking that picture. This was perfect conditions with no wind and a perfectly running DA 150. I was almost able to freeze the sticks for almost two minutes which felt like eternity. I was so jacked when I landed and he showed me that pic. From what you said about the Biela now I can't wait to try it out!!!!
ScottZ is offline Find More Posts by ScottZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by planebender
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricio chaparro View Post
Hello,
I need some info to buy the 3D PF.
Any help?
Hello Patrico, I will be very happy to help you. Please send me an E-Mail with your request and I will get you what you need. planebender@sbcglobal.net

Patrico is from Chile. If he takes home some PRO FLOW 3-D Canisters and starts his engine that will make (6) Countrys that have them..

All I can say is WOW!!!

Planebender
planebender is offline Find More Posts by planebender
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planebender View Post
Hello Patrico, I will be very happy to help you. Please send me an E-Mail with your request and I will get you what you need. planebender@sbcglobal.net

Patrico is from Chile. If he takes home some PRO FLOW 3-D Canisters and starts his engine that will make (6) Countrys that have them..

All I can say is WOW!!!

Planebender
WOW is right Dave!
It sounds like the Pro Flows are in demand. That's great news.
Edgeman 540 is offline Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Find More Posts by Lil Chief
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Aug 2010
220 Posts

Well I've read where people have asked about different props. Well I'm by far no expert like my buddy Dave but I'll through my two cents in. I've flown a tons of props and here is that I found personally and this is how I decide what prop I want to fly. The mej 30x13 I feel is a great IMAC prop I like fast but that prop for me is to fast. The 31x12 is one of my favorites!! It's fast enough to sport around but 3D's nicely. If you like pull out, fast rev and a nice sound at full throttle its the prop. The VESS is my favorite straight up 3D prop. Fast rev up, efficient and tons of pull. Not a very fast prop but it's not about speed when all up throwing down. I have not tried the biela 31.5x8-14 but have heard many good things about it. I haven't ran it mainly because of the weight. It's much heavier than the mej or vess. All those props I've ran on da 150's and 170's with stock mufflers, canisters, and pipes. Also ran these props on DLE 170 on stock mufflers (soon to have pro flows if I ever get headers for it). So hope that helps anyone who was wondering. And again this is my finding other result may vary.
Lil Chief is offline Find More Posts by Lil Chief
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts

Good info..thanks.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Good news for 50,60,100,120 users! I am very close to the release of the 100-120 Canisters. I have been able to reach a Top power that makes me happy. I will fly them tomorrow and when the transision meets the Pro Flow standard... That as they say will be that! Stay tuned

Planebender

Does anyone know of a 3W 3D Prop for sale?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts

flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Team Twisted!
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Mar 2006
5,907 Posts

These cans sound very promising for great/smooth transition. How do they compare to tuned pipes in regard to performance?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Chief View Post
Well I've read where people have asked about different props. Well I'm by far no expert like my buddy Dave but I'll through my two cents in. I've flown a tons of props and here is that I found personally and this is how I decide what prop I want to fly. The mej 30x13 I feel is a great IMAC prop I like fast but that prop for me is to fast. The 31x12 is one of my favorites!! It's fast enough to sport around but 3D's nicely. If you like pull out, fast rev and a nice sound at full throttle its the prop. The VESS is my favorite straight up 3D prop. Fast rev up, efficient and tons of pull. Not a very fast prop but it's not about speed when all up throwing down. I have not tried the biela 31.5x8-14 but have heard many good things about it. I haven't ran it mainly because of the weight. It's much heavier than the mej or vess. All those props I've ran on da 150's and 170's with stock mufflers, canisters, and pipes. Also ran these props on DLE 170 on stock mufflers (soon to have pro flows if I ever get headers for it). So hope that helps anyone who was wondering. And again this is my finding other result may vary.
Thanks,this is what I've been waiting to hear on the 31X12.
Edgeman 540 is offline Find More Posts by Edgeman 540
Old 01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLAV8R View Post
These cans sound very promising for great/smooth transition. How do they compare to tuned pipes in regard to performance?
Hi STLAV8R, If we are speaking about "Preformance" Meaning Top end RPM, Nothing will compair to a "Tuned Pipe". It works totally differant than a Canister. However, The tuned pipe was not and also Is not designed for smooth transision. I have flown many planes with Tuned Pipes and also with sevral differant header lengths as well. If you seek the total RPM preformance from your engine then Tuned Pipes are the way to go.

Planebender
Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
desert racer
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2007
6,772 Posts

subd
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts

Dave or Don have a look at this and tell me I did it correct. I would hate to think I chopped up a new set of headers for nothing. This is my first time using anything but mufflers.

Anyways I measured the headers and I got 14" so I removed 3.5" to give me a 10.5" header length. I got thinking and took a pair of ball link pliers and went around the cut ends and squeezed them every 1/16" to make a ridge for the clamp to grab. I don't know if it is really needed but I thought it couldn't hurt.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Father Don
Finally got it to the deck!
Joined Jan 2008
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
Dave or Don have a look at this and tell me I did it correct. I would hate to think I chopped up a new set of headers for nothing. This is my first time using anything but mufflers.

Anyways I measured the headers and I got 14" so I removed 3.5" to give me a 10.5" header length. I got thinking and took a pair of ball link pliers and went around the cut ends and squeezed them every 1/16" to make a ridge for the clamp to grab. I don't know if it is really needed but I thought it couldn't hurt.
Looking good to me. I used a string, marked at 10.5" to start at the flange. So just check that, or use a flexible tape measure that follows the pipe curve.
Father Don is offline Find More Posts by Father Don
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post

As long as the header measures 10.5 from flange to the cut being measured in the center of the pipe. When installing them you can first: Slide on the bushing about 1/2 way on the header then either on the top or bottom drill a 1/8th hole through the coupler and the header pipe. Next, using a countersink bit drill into the bushing only and then install a 4:40 screw with a tapered head. (Should set flush in the bushing) the screw only needs to be about 3/8" long. Then slide your clamp over the screw head keeping it from being able to come out. Next, you need to install the (Larger Clamp over the bushing and slide it all the way up. Install your new Pro Flow canister onto the bushing leaving about 3/16" between the header and Canister. Install for a trial fit into your plane. Install your 2 header screws and rotate your outlet to your desired location and carefully remove and do the same drilling proceedure to the canister side. Now your Canisters will not ever come loose or rotate on the bushings. Wheeeew!!! Got it? LOL

Planebender
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Sacramento,Ca.
Joined Jan 2006
3,222 Posts

Ok now that I have rested my fingers I would like to report on the 100-120 Pro Flow Canisters. Here is what I have so far:

Good Top end power.
Absolutly glass smooth transision.
87DB at 25 ft on Grass and 90DB at 25 ft on pavement. (Using a Mejlik 29X10S)

Friday the 28th I will test the Front Exit units.
If all goes good on Friday I will post the dementions, Weight, ect

Thanks Guys!

Planebender

Quick Reply