logo
Old 07-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by Steve_O
United States, NC, Reidsville
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts
Jack Stafford Models Releases Genesis 3D ARF

Jack Stafford Models now has their electric arf Genesis 3D in stock, ready to ship. It is a great looking, very colorful electric arf. Check it out at http://jsmodels.com/genesis.htm
Steve_O is offline Find More Posts by Steve_O
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Squirrel please...
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Jan 2006
760 Posts
Re: Jack Stafford Models Releases Genesis 3D ARF

I hate to do this but, it is a shame that some companies will use other peoples airplanes. This airplane is a complete rip off of the Prodigy from Fliton. Everything is the same. What a shame.

Andrew
Animal Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Animal Jesky
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts

This plane is not a unique design or proprietary to Fliton. JSM would never do any thing of an unethical nature. This product is open for any company to purchase. JSM purchases it direct from the manufaturer just like Fliton does. They just beat us to the U.S. market with it. That is what free enterprise all about young feller.
Last edited by Steve_O; 07-13-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by high alpha
United States, NJ, Long Branch
Joined Jan 2006
537 Posts

Cool,Fliton makes really nice planes.I can't wait to see the new Inspire 60.Will JSM be retailing them as well?
high alpha is offline Find More Posts by high alpha
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts

Nope, don't think so.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by FlitonUSA
Joined Mar 2006
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_O
This plane is not a unique design or proprietary to Fliton. JSM would never do any thing of an unethical nature. This product is open for any company to purchase. JSM purchases it direct from the manufaturer just like Fliton does. They just beat us to the U.S. market with it. That is what free enterprise all about young feller.

Actually, this plane (the Prodigy) was originally designed by us (Fliton). That is why we own the original artwork (illustrated manual, decal sheet, box stickers, CAD, etc). I hate to break it to you, but JSM is supporting (whomever the manufacturer is) an unethical practice of design selling and confidentiality infringement. What you have in your hands is a Fliton knock-off and quite frankly, nothing more.

On another note, we do not "buy" airplane designs and we never have (or never will). ALL Fliton products are original and designed by our own design team. Our supporters are investing in original innovative designs, backed by solid customer support and we plan to offer nothing less.

I hate to sound a little harsh, but I'm sure you can understand the frustration.

Our product (the Prodigy) is open and available to JSM for sale, if JSM is committed to it's reputation of "never doing anything of an unethical nature..."

Edson Hong
President & Owner
Fliton USA Mfg. / Distr.
FlitonUSA is offline Find More Posts by FlitonUSA
Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by Ion01
Grad of CrazyGoNuts Univ.
Oklahoma City, OK
Joined Jan 2006
843 Posts

WOW!! They doesn't look like they even bothered to change the scheme! One would think they would at least try to cover thier butts and make it look a little different. Anyways, Fliton, keep up the great design work!
Ion01 is offline Find More Posts by Ion01
Old 07-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by 50%plane
Suspended Account
North Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
21,384 Posts

Crap! I always thought highly of Jack Stafford before this.

50%
50%plane is offline Find More Posts by 50%plane
Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by Temptation
Lawn Dart Pilot
Lenox Twp. MI, United States
Joined Jan 2006
1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_O
WOW!!!! Looks like you need to do a little more research on your information before you start banging away on the old keyboard. I know I will never buy a JSM product because of your post.

Fliton rocks, and I will continue to give them my money in exchange for the great products that they offer to us.

Mike Darr
Temptation is offline Find More Posts by Temptation
Old 07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts

Geez you guys you are being a bit hard on me here. As I said JSM would never intentionally do any thing of an unethical nature. I will stand behind that statement 100%. I made contact with a manufacturer and through e mails back and forth I was told that I could sell this product. I was sent a sample and after inspection decided to purchase some of the kits. At the time I had never even heard of Fliton and did not know that Hobby Lobby sold the same plane. No one individual can be aware of every product on the market. Surely you all can understand that. We are a small company that has sold build it yourself kits in the past. We are struggling to keep the doors open in todays arf climate. Our strategy was simply to add something to our line that would boost sales.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by Temptation
Lawn Dart Pilot
Lenox Twp. MI, United States
Joined Jan 2006
1,092 Posts

Maybe you need to reread your posts. You state that you have never heard of Fliton before, but in an earlier post of yours, you stated that Fliton gets the Prodigy from the same supplier as JSM, that's what free enterprise is all about...right? Just sounds a little fishy to me, that's all. I'll keep buying planes from Fliton, and I am sure others will do the same.

Mike Darr
Temptation is offline Find More Posts by Temptation
Old 07-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts

No disrespect, but if I was in the RC Airplane kit field, and new ARF prices came down a bit,and no one was buying a lot of kits. I believe I would do some market research before jumping into the game.

I would probably buy and read a few of the currentRC publications to see what the consumer was asking for.

And while doing this, I'm sure I would notice and SEE the models that are currently available.

And then when contacting a distruibutor that is offering products, I would see if that product fits into the current market, and to do that I would have to look at what was currently available, and see if the product was viable in the current market.

If your in the RC airplane business and your not reading the current publications, and keeping up on current trends, you have no chance staying on top of the consumers demands. And if you were doing this research, there is no way you could not have noticed Fliton, or thier products.

I mean I guess there is a slight chance you could have, but then that sends a message that the company selling these products really has no knowledge of the current RC industry.

Just my opinion...
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Old 07-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts

I had not heard of Fliton before I made the purchase of these kits. That should be clear enough! The Fliton name came up in post #2. Maybe you need to reread.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts

Thanks for your opinion. I still work a day job and do read the RC publications as much as possible and keep JSM going as well. Someday maybe we all can reach perfection.

Quick Reply