Old 01-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by Andres_Garcia
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2013
700 Posts
Discussion
JC Engines / Aero-Gas RC - A New Direction

Fellow pilots,

I am announcing that I have joined team Aero-Gas RC / JC Engines. I know that JC Engines have a bad reputation, but JC Engines / Aero-Gas RC has changed. Aero-Gas RC is an authorized dealer and repair center. There were previously issues with the factory which led to issues with the engines, but those issues have been worked through. The latest 2014 engines have lots of improvements over previous versions. Look out for demos and reviews of these 2014 engines in the near future! This is not a "hate" thread towards Aero-Gas RC and/or JC Engines, so keep any negativity out. This is only an announcement about the "new direction" for JC Engines and the road to cleaning up their reputation.
Andres_Garcia is offline Find More Posts by Andres_Garcia
Last edited by Andres_Garcia; 01-18-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
JUST HUCKING AROUND
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2006
219 Posts
Congratulations. Good luck. I have a brand new 120 I got from Justin at Vital a year ago. Still hasn't seen gas, but I have installed Bowman rings. Fingers crossed. Very close to finishing up the MX-2.

Best of luck!
DOORGUY1 is offline Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
Old 01-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
United States, IL, Moline
Joined Oct 2008
2,059 Posts
i loved and had good luck with the old area 51 motor. im looking for a new 60. maybe this is worth looking into ?
nappyroots2182 is offline Find More Posts by nappyroots2182
Old 01-18-2014, 09:15 PM
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2013
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOORGUY1 View Post
Congratulations. Good luck. I have a brand new 120 I got from Justin at Vital a year ago. Still hasn't seen gas, but I have installed Bowman rings. Fingers crossed. Very close to finishing up the MX-2.

Best of luck!
Bowman Rings are a great upgrade for any engine.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 PM
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2013
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
i loved and had good luck with the old area 51 motor. im looking for a new 60. maybe this is worth looking into ?
http://www.aerogasrc.com/jc-evo-60cc.html

7.2 HP and will swing a 24x10 or 25x8.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Clothed Account
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined May 2008
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres_Garcia View Post
Fellow pilots,

I am announcing that I have joined team Aero-Gas RC / JC Engines. I know that JC Engines have a bad reputation, but JC Engines / Aero-Gas RC has changed. The original dealer of JC Engines which had a bad reputation (Area 51) has gone out of business. Now, Aero-Gas RC is the primary dealer. There were previously issues with the factory which led to issues with the engines, but those issues have been worked through. The latest 2014 engines have lots of improvements over previous versions. Look out for demos and reviews of these 2014 engines in the near future! This is not a "hate" thread towards Aero-Gas RC and/or JC Engines, so keep any negativity out. This is only an announcement about the "new direction" for JC Engines and the road to cleaning up their reputation.
I hope you get well soon

So to keep the positivity - are you saying that Milton at RCExtremepower is out of business? If that is your intent, then I strongly suggest you try a better marketing ploy as that one will not work.

Good to see someone taking HobbyKing on finally
aussiesteve is offline Find More Posts by aussiesteve
Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Free Agent
United States, KY, Glasgow
Joined Oct 2010
1,411 Posts
Best of luck but their beating a dead horse. I thought Milton was the original area 51 guy in the USA? He is still in business. I know he is the only one that has dealt with Kevins BS longer than any other dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOORGUY1 View Post

Best of luck!
Man you still haven't flown it yet? LOL I went through all my engines before shipment but if you have any issues you got my number as always.
Vital-Rc is offline Find More Posts by Vital-Rc
Last edited by Vital-Rc; 01-18-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: edit: aussie beat me to it.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Tseres
Elwood In.
Joined Jun 2009
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres_Garcia View Post
Fellow pilots,

I am announcing that I have joined team Aero-Gas RC / JC Engines. I know that JC Engines have a bad reputation, but JC Engines / Aero-Gas RC has changed. The original dealer of JC Engines which had a bad reputation (Area 51) has gone out of business. Now, Aero-Gas RC is the primary dealer. There were previously issues with the factory which led to issues with the engines, but those issues have been worked through. The latest 2014 engines have lots of improvements over previous versions. Look out for demos and reviews of these 2014 engines in the near future! This is not a "hate" thread towards Aero-Gas RC and/or JC Engines, so keep any negativity out. This is only an announcement about the "new direction" for JC Engines and the road to cleaning up their reputation.

Good luck to You Anders. I've read a lot of your posts and I like you.

Unfortunately. We here have been arond JC Engins for many years and know better. Just rememer one thing. Saying something bad against Milton is not going sit well with most of us. Hope things work out for you.
Tseres is offline Find More Posts by Tseres
Old 01-18-2014, 09:58 PM
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2013
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseres View Post
Saying something bad against Milton is not going sit well with most of us. Hope things work out for you.
I don't know Milton. I didn't mean to say anything negative towards him.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
JUST HUCKING AROUND
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2006
219 Posts
Hi Justin,

You know how it is, somtimes life just gets in the way! It is close though. Just need to finish up some programing on the Futaba and get a nice warm day. Been cold up here lately.

I have a question though. When I got the rings from Mr. Bowman, he included a note on sanding the reed block for China engines. Did you see that or know what I am speaking to? I have not done that yet. Do you think it is needed? If you have not seen that note, I will try to post the instructions he included for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital-Rc View Post
Best of luck but their beating a dead horse. I thought Milton was the original area 51 guy in the USA? He is still in business. I know he is the only one that has dealt with Kevins BS longer than any other dealer.

Man you still haven't flown it yet? LOL I went through all my engines before shipment but if you have any issues you got my number as always.
DOORGUY1 is offline Find More Posts by DOORGUY1
Last edited by DOORGUY1; 01-18-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Best of luck. I still fly and like my 120.
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 01-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
United States, GA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2008
1,987 Posts
Don't know where the bad reputation I gave JC engines came unless it is Kevin trying to hodo you.

I have spent the last 5 years rebuilding those engines with no cost to customers after fighting with Kevins for months to get the parts. Over 250 of them rebuild with no compensation from JC.

As for me being out of business, I am probably the only one that started selling China made engines in 2007 that have not closed there doors and ran when problems started.

Want to know the real story about JC take a couple hours and read the link below because history has a way of repeating itself.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-...1-engines.html

Milton
RCEXTREMEPOWER is offline Find More Posts by RCEXTREMEPOWER
Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
You are the man!
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by 3DFTW
Down on the deck!
Joined Oct 2012
287 Posts
Thanks for clearing it up Milton. No doubt you are are a reputable guy...... looks like they recruited this kid because he enjoys posting on flying giants.... which is cool but please understand this is the same kid who came on here a couple of months ago and couldn't figure out if his front bearing seal was leaking or not....... and now he is representing "JC Engines". Oh boy. Nothing personal, but just saying.
3DFTW is offline Find More Posts by 3DFTW
Old 01-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by Jedijody
Proud father of 3 Soldiers
Joined Jun 2008
3,662 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Tom Fawcett of Wild Hare RC predates even Milton as the original and first reseller of JC engines. He is no longer doing business in the RC industry. Also, VVRC has been selling Chinese made gas engines since 2005 and still going strong.
Jedijody is offline Find More Posts by Jedijody

Quick Reply