logo
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by jlloyd1995
Extreme Flight, DA, JR. (:
Molalla, OR.
Joined May 2010
1,187 Posts
Who wants to pull a gun on someone if they know that that person and everyone else has a gun? Sure there will still be problems occasionally but everyone would respect the fact that if they shoot, there's a good chance that they will also get shot at. All guns will never be eliminated. If they're reduced, the bad people will still have them.
jlloyd1995 is offline Find More Posts by jlloyd1995
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54WMpVDDiII Looks like fun if done safely of course.
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by harv
it wont go any lower
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2006
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Piorun View Post
I have to agree with the yanks on this Jerry, our guns laws suck donkey balls as far as I'm concerned. The criminals have all the guns they want and us ordinary citizens have to jump through a million hoops just to buy a .22.
for us.
This is what Henry wants to be packing

harv is offline Find More Posts by harv
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG
Washington State
Joined May 2006
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano02vfr View Post
I thought this thread was supposed to be about IMAC. What the hell is with all the gun talk?
I think this thread is intended or at least IS a place for NW IMAC'rs to get together to chat. I don't know about anyone else around here, but my non-flying winters are typically 7 or more months... so what else is there to talk about ? All sorts of other things. Too bad - too often when law biding citiznes mentions firearms it turns into a big brew haha for no good reason. If we're doing and talking about legal things then why not ? I just like it to stay friendly, but people do have different points of view and opinions and it can be interesting to discuss those things here among friends - and hopefully keep it friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderLine View Post
I agree 100% !!! For Safety,, in a responsible persons hands. Guns in the USA are way to easy to get hold of.
I'm only speculating, someone on this thread may know better, but there's probably more irresponsible gun owners, than responsible Gun owners. I am not saying anyone on this thread is irresponsible. I'm just saying my opinion and I respect yours.
I only know one person, personally who was murdered by a firearm. He was a friend of mine from vancouver. Vancouver B.C. It was very sad and frustrating, and I think of him often. He was killed by someone who cared nothing about the law. If that someone wanted to kill my friend and couldn't get a firearm, Maybe he'd have used a bat, or a knife, or a car, or poison, or some other way to do it. And sure, he might have had to think about it a little more - as people say - but that's assuming that people who want to kill people are making that decision lightly right ? Yes, people kill people. Of course this refers to sane people, rather than gang thugs that do drive by indiscriminate shootings - that's just crazy and crazy needs to be punished by the law. The breakdown in law enforcement and "punishment" encourages that kind of crazy.

My point is - not everyone can defend themselves from a bat attack, or a knife attack, and that's where firearms can allow that person to still defend their life. And mind you - it's their life and they should decide whether it's worth defending or not.

I've been around guns my whole life, fired 10's of thousands of rounds, and witnessed the same being done by many many people, and nobody was ever hurt because we were all responsible. And in that that regard. I was teaching Emily to load, unload, arm and safe my automatic yesterday "responsibly", using snap caps and in a controlled environment. Just as my father taught me, and his him. This is not the gun culture you see and hear about in the news. You see and hear about those who've gone nuts because it's sensational, and because the news media does have an agenda as most pople in news have an agenda that they want to further. Sensational news, and their pursuit to disarm law biding citizens. Of course in their little utopia they think they're doing good and disarming gang thugs, but that's just how little they know. They forgot that people intent on committing crimes don't give a crap about the 100 million different laws they're breaking - espeically if past performance has proven to them that they can break laws - get a slap on the hand - and come back more brazen and dangerous.

I don't want to get on a soapbox and tell people how to think - or how to behave - I'm just sharing some of my thoughts. I'm certainly not encouraging Jerry to become an armed citizen if it doesn't suit him. I just don't want to see everyone interested in firearms being labeled crazy, redneck, thug, gansta, etc.. You would be quite amazed at the gamut of people in Washington state that have a concealed weapon permit. How often do you hear about someone with a concealed weapon permit committing crimes. Very very very rare. I, like many other "law biding citizens" (most of the time ), pack a handgun with a premise... Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I know that in any given life threatening situation where I'm armed - I can draw on my firearm quicker than I can answer the first question the 911 operater asks... (fire, medical or police ?) I believe I not only have the right but responsibility to defend myself and my family the best I can. Firearms works for me since I'm not Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris.

Again, just some insights into the crazy thinking of the armed citizen. By the way Jerry - I don't pack around an AR. That's just for recreation.
Major_Smackdown is offline Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Last edited by Major_Smackdown; 12-12-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG
Washington State
Joined May 2006
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv View Post
This is what Henry wants to be packing

Ya, Henry does go big - and that would be his style.
Major_Smackdown is offline Find More Posts by Major_Smackdown
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by Dano02vfr
"That will buff right out"
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Unsubbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Smackdown View Post
Ya, Henry does go big - and that would be his style.
I'm out. Have fun with your guns..
Dano02vfr is offline Find More Posts by Dano02vfr
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by kingranch
pull to vertical
United States, OR
Joined May 2008
398 Posts
Quote:
When where you ever in?
kingranch is offline Find More Posts by kingranch
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by Rick Sowell
Hoquiam,Wa. USA
Joined Jan 2006
355 Posts
WOW, All this over Smacky and my pictures of our weapons, there have been some very good words posted on the 2nd ammendment right to own firearms. like everthing in life it needs to be taken with moderation, we all should remember when they outlaw guns the outlaws won't turn theirs in, then what do you have? I feel as some on here that RESPONSIBLE adults can and should own weapons to protect their families and their property. I think in the long run most of the NW gang is alot more crazy about flying airplanes than anything else. BTW 5.56 rocks!!!!
Rick Sowell is offline Find More Posts by Rick Sowell
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Find More Posts by castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Mar 2007
2,335 Posts
Quote:
Exp..
Chris your having heated discussion on the side of the road, with another driver. Lets say he slammed on his truck Brakes for no reason and you rear ended him, causing Thousands of $$ damage and injuring 2 passengers... "Tempers are hot" !!!!...All of a sudden he puts his hand into his inside jacket pocket to grab something.... What do you do ???_________..
Jerry,
Here is the way it works with me. First, the responsibility of carrying a gun is a serious one. I have become a much more mellow person since deciding to take on this responsibility. I dont get angry at stupid traffic situations anymore. I dont flip people off.....I dont tailgate. Getting angry over stupid things just doesn't work....so why do it? Now, lets assume in your scenario, the other guy is the aggressor.If we ended up in a traffic altercation and he were to become agitated and agressive....I would call the police. Arguing does nothing. Now also in your scenario.....he reaches into his pocket and you dont know what he is doing. Well....every situation is different. I might wait and see what he is drawing out......even an aggressive agitated person is unlikely to draw and shoot you right there.....but maybe my hesitation might result in injury to me.....truth is....you have no idea what you're going to do. But....if you had no weapon....this would happen anyway....so its a no win situation. Now if he came bearing a crowbar...ready to beat me down.....well....that guy is going to have a really bad day. Maybe its a knife.....same result.....both of those are deadly weapons which can do incredible damage in a very short amount of time.
Maybe its not the traffic situation......maybe you're just walking in downtown and three drunk douchebags decide that they dont like your particular brand of "being"........well three against one is disparity of force.......Those guys better back down or somebodies gonna have a really bad day.....and I guarantee it aint me thats gonna be waking up from a coma 6 mos later.....
I too knew someone who died as a result of gun violence. It was my ex-wifes ex-husbands new wife ( i know....its complicated). Suffice it to say.....some jerk-wad decided he was too jealous to let his ex marry a new dude so he killed her, their 5 year old daughter, and himself. All the day before her mothers wedding day. What did he use? A .22LR plinking rifle......
I guess in closing this long winded response......All I would hope, is that they concentrate on existing gun laws and prosecute the offenders instead of creating new arbitrary gun laws that only affect law abiding citizens. Debate is a good thing Jerry. I'm certainly not trying to change your mind. I'm just trying to let you know that....despite what you here in the media....we're not all blood thirsty gun nuts.

CB
castlebravo is offline Find More Posts by castlebravo
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Find More Posts by castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Mar 2007
2,335 Posts
Quote:

I only have one thing to say............Its Winter and we have nothing else to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No harm No foul Dano...

CB
castlebravo is offline Find More Posts by castlebravo
Old 12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Find More Posts by dragonflya
LOWER!!!
United States, OR, Tigard
Joined Jan 2010
70 Posts
Wow, I leave the forum for a day only to come back to "Arm" a geddon.
I guess it's fitting with only 9 days left to the "end".
dragonflya is offline Find More Posts by dragonflya
Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv View Post
You must have had the opportunity to handle some sweet guns in the navy. I've only ever shot the SKS which is a lot of fun. And cheap.
SKS's are cheap and they are fun to shoot, but try buying a new/surplus SKS thats absolutely coated in cosmoline.

That crap takes forever to clean out of every hole/port, nook and cranny, even when disassembled and soaked in kerosene.

Plus it weeps out of the wood stocks forever. lol
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
[QUOTE=BorderLine;1866079]Hi Chris.. When I say irresponsible, I'm also talking gangsters, organized crime etc, through-out the USA.
Just think of all the gangs,thugs,rednecks,swamp people etc in Eastern USA. I'm thinking closer to 50/50.

This is my whole point, way to many guns. If you carry a gun and the next guy carries a gun, and the bad people carry Guns. Where does it end ??? OH..And Smacky carries a AR. and the other guy has even a bigger AR...My God..

Exp..
Chris your having heated discussion on the side of the road, with another driver. Lets say he slammed on his truck Brakes for no reason and you rear ended him, causing Thousands of $$ damage and injuring 2 passengers... "Tempers are hot" !!!!...All of a sudden he puts his hand into his inside jacket pocket to grab something.... What do you do ???_________..[/QUOTE]

Great scenario to mention.
What do you do?
Well since you don't know if he is going for his wallet, camera, flask, phone OR pistol, you do the following.. If you are carrying, you place your hand on your weapon, ready to draw it if you see the other guy pull out a weapon.

What do you do if you aren't carrying and you see the other guy, hot tempered and pissed off, pull his weapon...what you do is get shot, stabbed, beaten etc

Its always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM
Find More Posts by wingwall
Edgewood, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2006
1,217 Posts
I feel safe now that I know some of you guys carry. I have a few other friends that do also, including women.

I am not confident with a handgun. Couldn't hit a silhouette with a .45 half the time to save my life in the Navy, although those guns were so loose and sloppy anyway, and such a short barrel. I'll take my 12 ga shotgun for close range and home security, and have my .30-06 for long range. But, they stay at home. Qualified expert at 200 and 300 yards in the Navy with both the AR-15 and M1 with iron sites. Could put those where it counted consistently.

I feel safe enough traveling in the U.S. I figure a big part is staying aware of things around you and obtaining and maintaining eye contact with enough distance to react. Best way to not get your pocket picked. In the scenario described above the person of threat is more likely to pull something, or jump you, when you are not looking.
wingwall is offline Find More Posts by wingwall
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by kbodeau
Keith Bodeau
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Jan 2006
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymas View Post
I know it's a pain and I wouldn't want the job even if it paid good, I noticed that the NW region is the only one that doesn't have any events at all listed yet.

My calendar is filling up faster than I can control and I desperately need to get some dates set aside if I plan to participate next year.
Believe me Mike is working on it and I think he has it about done, it is alot of work. We have a few changes this year so it alwaystake some time to get the wrinkles ironed out.
Most if not all the other regions allow any CD to have a contest when and where they want so it is just a simple first come first serve and they put there own contests up on the schedule. We have always layed out the schedule out ahead of time trying to take into account weather in different areas, traditional contest dates, and keeping them as evenly spaced as we can. This was all the CD's to agree to the schedule and once it is up it does not change.
Keith
kbodeau is online now Find More Posts by kbodeau

Quick Reply