Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > R/C Topics > Clubs, Fields, and Organizations
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #2101
Robotech
Bad-ass Super Contributor!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dirt Doctor
View Post
Robert, don't tell me that was your "new" Sukhoi!!?
Nope. That was Wayne's Carden Edge. The one I won at the Sherman contest in 2010. Total loss when they cut the tree down.

Here's the ownership lineage. Typical Pine Bluff. Mike/Sherman Club > Me > Bill Lloyd > Tommy Lee > Wayne > Cottonwood.

I flew two or three rounds. I may need to petition Doug to go back to Basic class.

Last edited by Robotech; 01-20-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Robotech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #2102
Dirt Doctor
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Robotech
View Post
Nope. That was Wayne's Carden Edge. The one I won at the Sherman contest in 2010. Total loss when they cut the tree down.

Here's the ownership lineage. Typical Pine Bluff. Mike/Sherman Club > Me > Bill Lloyd > Tommy Lee > Wayne > Cottonwood.

I flew two or three rounds. I may need to petition Doug to go back to Basic class.
That's a shame - I always hate to see "an altercation" with a tree or ground!!

How are you doing?
Dirt Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #2103
Robotech

Quote: Originally Posted by Dirt Doctor
View Post
That's a shame - I always hate to see "an altercation" with a tree or ground!!

How are you doing?
Everything but my leg is good to go. Doc says swelling could take up to 6 months to go down. They don't make the long incision to get the vain anymore. they made a hole at the ankle, inside of the knee, and in the groin. Then they just p-u-l-l the sucker out. Carol (AKA. Nurse Ratched) still keeps tabs on me.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	nurseratchedwatching.gif
Views:	4
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	699006 421.6 KB · Views: 4

Old 01-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #2104
Dirt Doctor
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Robotech
View Post
Everything but my leg is good to go. Doc says swelling could take up to 6 months to go down. They don't make the long incision to get the vain anymore. they made a hole at the ankle, inside of the knee, and in the groin. Then they just p-u-l-l the sucker out. Carol (AKA. Nurse Ratched) still keeps tabs on me.
Yeah I know about recovery!! It took the incision for my hip replacement about year to finally heal. I still have a "deep gash" on my hip but at least I don't limp!

I did have an "experience" that Betsy and I still laugh about! There was this "Ratchet-type" nurse that normally wore reading glasses to start IVs and insert catheters that came in one night to change my catheter when I noticed she didn't have her glasses on! I made mention of that and she said "don't worry I don't need them to do JUST catheters!" Yeah, right! - I held my breath and couldn't not tense up to save my life!!

I hope you don't have any more trouble with that leg! Are you taking a blood thinner just in case? But the BIG question is "are you still able to fly?

Last edited by Dirt Doctor; 01-20-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Dirt Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #2105
Robotech

I flew Sunday and it was great to get out. Ramp door on the trailer makes load and unloading a breeze. Plus I got to see the infamous Bill & Bill (our two top pilots) fly. Always a treat. Too bad Frank99 has been MIA for a couple of months. He would have enjoyed it.