logo
Old 12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by biplane
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Re: SAITO 100 High speed idle

I was thinking of how to softmount the tank. I've banded it in now. A local hobby center guy said that the fuel filter should take care of any foam that's left. That was alredy in place. I'll try the clunk next if this doesn't work.Thanks guysDon
biplane is offline Find More Posts by biplane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by XJet
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplane View Post
I was thinking of how to softmount the tank. I've banded it in now. A local hobby center guy said that the fuel filter should take care of any foam that's left. That was alredy in place. I'll try the clunk next if this doesn't work.Thanks guysDon

I don't think the fuel-filter will get rid of foaming -- the air that's in the line has to go somewhere and all the filter *might* do is turn it from thousands of tiny bubbles into a lesser number of big bubbles.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by ThumbSkull
Step 1-Admit your RC addiction
Greenwood, IN USA
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts

No, the filter won't do it. Once the air gets in the line it's too late. Get that clunk and your problem likely goes away. OS makes one for $10 but that Dubro 161 is about $2.50. The LHS guy probably doesn't fly profiles.
ThumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by ThumbSkull
Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Find More Posts by ThumbSkull
Step 1-Admit your RC addiction
Greenwood, IN USA
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts

Tag teamed!
ThumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by ThumbSkull
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts

Well! I finally tracked down the leaning problem. It was Saito engineering. The intake manifold was leaking. The manifold had distorted and deformed the o ring due to the movement from the plastic backplate. I had heard of this problem and checked it out. Sure enoigh, there it was. The intake will move in and out when the plastic backplate warms and softens. THIS HAS APPARENTLY WRINKLED THE INTAKE AROUND THE O RING SURFACE AREA. Not a good picture of the o ring, but you can see where it deformed to fit into the wrinkles. I have ordered a new intake manifold, but why has'nt Saito fixed this? (NO, IT HAS"NT BEEN CRASHED>)
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts

Well! I finally tracked down the leaning problem. It was Saito engineering. The intake manifold was leaking. The manifold had distorted and deformed the o ring due to the movement from the plastic backplate. I had heard of this problem and checked it out. Sure enoigh, there it was. The intake will move in and out when the plastic backplate warms and softens. THIS HAS APPARENTLY WRINKLED THE INTAKE AROUND THE O RING SURFACE AREA. Not a good picture of the o ring, but you can see where it deformed to fit into the wrinkles. I have ordered a new intake manifold, but why has'nt Saito fixed this? (NO, IT HAS"NT BEEN CRASHED>)

Quick Reply