logo
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Find More Posts by lawnpro979
Joined Nov 2012
228 Posts
Discussion
Program mixing

hey all:

I purchased a futaba 8fg super. this is the best radio I have ever owned. I used to fly many years ago, And due to my wife's death, I picked up the hobby again.

I have been flying now for about 2 years, and am getting into NEW TECHNOGOLY, of the radio's and changes from 30 years ago. with this said, I purchased the H9 Sukhoi, 26. with this radio. I can program some amazing things. and was wondering if other flyers. " 3d type " use programming to achive the amazing stunts I see ?

thank you
lawnpro979 is offline Find More Posts by lawnpro979
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Find More Posts by AeroSheldon
Nobody has more fun than me!
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Jan 2006
3,140 Posts
First off, sorry for your loss.

That radio is the same that I have, and some of the programming can be helpful (like triple rates) but to be honest the airframe is more important to the 3D stuff. Good servos and a powerful/reliable motor are also quite important.

The plane you have will get you going, but you will probably be looking for an Extreme Flight or a 3D Hobbyshop plane in the future.

Best thing you can do---> get with some guys who can 3D and have them teach you. If you can't do that then Scott Stoops has a good book if you can find one.
AeroSheldon is offline Find More Posts by AeroSheldon
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Nov 2012
228 Posts
Yes thank you.

The suhkoi was the one that's almost ready to go, it had the spektrum 6030 servos. and the throws are huge, I have dont some 3d stuff, mainly in the sim. this is my 1st large aircraft. I have been flying the ole Big stick. and I know this sukhoi will be a huge diffrance.

I am a club member, we have a GREAT group of guys and gals. I have already had some lessions. SO to speak. But I noticed on this new radio. there are many program features. to be honest I was really blowned a way, with all the features, IT looks like things like knife edges are a snap. mainly just a program feature, But I was interested in the rolling harier, it looks like on the sim that timeing is everything, and with the futaba 8 I can program a huge part of this OUT. as in the rutter to ail, and even rud to ele,

of corse, invokeing a huge amount of programing " to me anyway " seems cheating.
I was courious is most 3d type piloits do this ?

Were planing a trip to Joe Nall this Summer, and I hope to be ready, NOT to WOW everyone. Just do simply fly with some 3d manovers. an of corse have a GREAT time.

thanks for posting, and offering condolences, you would be surprised at how many over look this GREAT act of kindness
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by Flyfalcons
Hero to the masses
United States, WA, Enumclaw
Joined Sep 2006
4,194 Posts
All the mixing I typically do involves rudder to aileron and rudder to elevator, to produce a straight knife edge. I leave those mixes active all the time. Beyond that to have a capable 3D machine, you'll want to set up a high rate that gives you as much throw as possible, especially on the elevator, and enough exponential on the surfaces to keep the plane controllable with those huge throws. On my low rates I set them so the airplane does a really clean snap roll. That's about it - after that it's just practice and more practice.
Flyfalcons is offline Find More Posts by Flyfalcons
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
228 Posts
Yes this is what I was talking about, The rudder to aileron and rudder to elevator and such,

thanks for posting

Quick Reply