logo
Old 02-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
Joined Jun 2007
3,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.W. Corrigan View Post
I just got a few PSP caps and the fittings to make up several tanks and these look to be very good quality. I had not had any issues using the stock plastic cap however. No leaks, no cracks. I do 3 lines with vent and fill in the side and the feed in the cap. I wonder if the cap is less likely to crack with only one line in it.

Here's my question. What is putting one of these inside a paint can and shaking it going to prove? It will smash around inside with great force that is NEVER experienced in flight if properly mounted. So far I've had two crashes with the fuji tanks and the only time one was compromised was when it came in contact with the cannister and melted. I've seen the bottles twisted nearly in two nearly 360 degrees without failing.

FWIW I use VITON on the inside with a walbro clunk and no brass. Never had a feed problem.
John from PSP thanks you for your purchase! More and more guys are catching on to the value that Viton offers in fuel systems. It's a bit pricey up front however, taking in account the extra cost involved in replacing Tygon each season in your tank and gas can, Vitons' virtues pays for it's self fairly quickly.

Scott
Scott Gerber is offline Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
Last edited by Scott Gerber; 02-25-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Find More Posts by tande
United States, MI, Millington
Joined Sep 2008
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john5674 View Post
Sorry for busting in here, I just finished reading most of the thread and haven't found an answer to my question which is - Can the pop/water bottles be used for nitro with the correct stopper, or will they be affected by the fuel? Thanks
I use them in both, ("Fiji" bottles & caps)....(all my nitro are "YS" four/stroke....pressurized fuel system)....the only difference for me is the silicon tubing for the nitro.....
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old 02-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Joined Feb 2008
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber View Post
John from PSP thanks you for your purchase! More and more guys are catching on to the value that Viton offers in fuel systems. It's a bit pricey up front however, taking in account the extra cost involved in replacing Tygon each season in your tank and gas can, Vitons' virtues pays for it's self fairly quickly.

Scott

The single nipple bottle cap, how is the over fill nipple installed. Is there a nut on the inside ?
gohighflyrc is offline Find More Posts by gohighflyrc
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohighflyrc View Post
The single nipple bottle cap, how is the over fill nipple installed. Is there a nut on the inside ?
The single barb nipple fitting is installed from inside the tank to outside. The o-ring is inside, the nylon washer and nut is on the outside. Use an 1/8" allen wrench down the nipple on the outside while tightening the nut firm but not too tight. Some guys like to put a touch of superglue on the threads that show above the nut. No need of any kind of sealer anywhere, the o-rings do that just fine...

Scott
Last edited by Scott Gerber; 08-06-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Feb 2008
465 Posts
Quote:
The single barb nipple fitting is installed from inside the tank to outside. The o-ring is inside, the nylon washer and nut is on the outside. Use an 1/8" allen wrench down the nipple on the outside while tightening the nut firm but not too tight. Some guys like to put a touch of superglue on the threads that show above the nut. No need of any kind of sealer anywhere, the o-rings do that just fine...

Scott

Been thinking about this fitting for the Fiji bottles only hold back for me is that the 16 oz bottles seems a bit small and the next size up 32 oz a bit big for the 89" Slick. What do you think ? Are there any other square bottles in between those ranges ?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
500ml bottle is more than enough, i use this on my DA-60 and can fly easy 15mins with plenty left in the tank.
It's not the size of the plane, it's the size of the donk that's in it!
Bam Bam is offline Find More Posts by Bam Bam
Old 02-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2008
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
500ml bottle is more than enough, i use this on my DA-60 and can fly easy 15mins with plenty left in the tank.
It's not the size of the plane, it's the size of the donk that's in it!

Donk ??
Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
= engine!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Find More Posts by kygreen229
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jul 2009
337 Posts
my 16 oz. 500mL Fiji is plenty on my DLE55 89" Slick. I generally only fly for 7-8 mins right now cuz it is cold out and I usually have over half tank. Lots of uplines and full throttle
kygreen229 is offline Find More Posts by kygreen229
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Jun 2007
3,110 Posts
Quote:
Been thinking about this fitting for the Fiji bottles only hold back for me is that the 16 oz bottles seems a bit small and the next size up 32 oz a bit big for the 89" Slick. What do you think ? Are there any other square bottles in between those ranges ?
Like the guys said, 16oz. is plenty for a standard flight unless you fly balls to the walls. It's not round but worked fine for me, the Smartwater 20oz. is the next size up. Had one but kept landing with better than 1/2 a tank after 17min. flights. Took it out and went with the 16oz.

Scott
Last edited by Scott Gerber; 08-06-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by kickerfx4
Joined Sep 2009
347 Posts
Quote:

16 oz is plently, its all i use on my 50cc 3d birds.....10 minutes of intense 3d is enough for me.....so if i get 5 or 6 good flights in a day im happy..... plus i take filler planes(glow planes) to fly in between 3d sessions
kickerfx4 is offline Find More Posts by kickerfx4
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Find More Posts by kickerfx4
Joined Sep 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Like the guys said, 16oz. is plenty for a standard flight unless you fly balls to the walls. It's not round but worked fine for me, the Smartwater 20oz. is the next size up. Had one but kept landing with better than 1/2 a tank after 17min. flights. Took it out and went with the 16oz.

Scott
those fittings are first class!!

i use a 20oz Smart in my 80cc, and its perfect.... lol i remember when i used 32 oz in my 80 and 24 oz on my 50 cc birds...i laugh at those days and people who insist on carrying tooo big of a tank for no reason, especially when they land with 3/4 of a tank of gas
kickerfx4 is offline Find More Posts by kickerfx4
Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Just Do It
United States, OH, Delaware
Joined Apr 2008
1,538 Posts
Scott is that your choke rod on the inside?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old 02-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by cmala3
Madison, AL
Joined Feb 2007
321 Posts
Hey scott.

If you want to test the bottle, put a fitting in the cap and connect a pressure gauge, put a few ounces of water in the bottle and drop in some dry ice. Set it so the video camera has a view of the bottle and the pressure gauge. We will see the burst pressure.
cmala3 is offline Find More Posts by cmala3
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
3,383 Posts
way overboard if you ask me! these tanks are not pressurized.

Quick Reply