BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 03-27-2015, 10:22 AM
United States, IN, Highland
Joined Jan 2006
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamdfisher View Post
IMAC MANEUVERS VOICE CALLOUTS

Has anyone here own the DX18 version 2 with voice alerts?

I just read that you soon will be able to program all your known and unknown maneuvers onto the radio, and by just flipping a switch it will call out your next maneuver. It will make practicing without a spotter a whole lot easier.

My radio is on order (Stealth Edition) so I don't have one in front of me to determine if this is a current feature or one that will soon be released.

Please let me know what is currently installed in the radio regarding this feature.
Nothing is installed in the current transmitter DX18 v2. But what can make this happen in current transmitters will be possible. As far as what is programmed in the Stealth I do not know. But what you ask is possible just as soon as the PC audio editor is available. No specific time frame is given for its release. Fabulous for IMAC.
Hoosier06 is offline Find More Posts by Hoosier06
Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Multi Platform Pilot
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Dec 2007
6,562 Posts
This was addressed on RCU by Andy K

Quote:
When we created the voice feature, one of the features we included as a stepped item intended especially for calling out maneuvers. There are two up-to-16-step sequences possible (to allow you to have known and unknown ready to use), and 32 custom voice options. We are right now running the audio package through beta testing, so it won't be too long until it comes out. When it does, you will have all you need right there.

Andy
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Old 04-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
6,926 Posts
Whats the best way to set up the flaps cannot activate unless the throttle is below a certain point. In other words I want to activate a switch but if I have to bail out on a landing the flaps go up when I throttle up (warbird).
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old 04-19-2015, 01:56 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2013
526 Posts
You setup your throttle as an analog switch and in your mixing you can have 2 conditions, 1 being the throttle switch and 1 being your flaps switch. I won't be anywhere near my radio but it should be achievable. I plan to do the very same thing to remove crow from my jet in the event I need to ditch a landing and need to gun it. There was a thread on here a while back about doing snap conditions and the poster was able to set it up to where his sticks being past a certain point initiated a different set of rates for performing a snap. There should be in the system settings an analog switch settings menu and you can set your throttle lever up to be a switch.
jhelber08 is offline Find More Posts by jhelber08
Old 04-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Melbourne, FL, USA
Joined May 2007
58 Posts
Do not forget to put delay on the Flap Retraction, I setup mine with 3 seconds delay.
Last thing you need is to loose lift at low speed.

Zb
Esprit Model is offline Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Old 04-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Wood Butcher
United States, SD, Harrisburg
Joined Jan 2007
6,926 Posts
Yup, biggest concern is for the flaps to kick off as throttle is increased. Brought the transmitter home today to play with a bit.
terryscustom is offline Find More Posts by terryscustom
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
I am trying to do the same thing except I want the ailerons to go up as spoilerons on low throttle with a switch to overide.
oldfart is offline Find More Posts by oldfart