logo
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by Show871
Joined Oct 2007
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
I forgot if you said that you flew it this way today? I was under the usumption that you flew it.
I checked with another friend who has one and he used push pull and batteries on the rudder tray. Stuart's flies great with pull pull and packs next to the fuel tank.

Cory
Mike got that 73" edge, we should all hook up at LAMA soon!
Show871 is offline Find More Posts by Show871
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 12-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by ucandoit
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Feb 2008
348 Posts
C G

Cory

No I have not flown the plane I am waiting to get the CG closer to the 5.6 to 6" if I put the battery's
in the motor box I going to have to extend the 12 gauge battery's wires 1 1/2 feet to reach the 922 receiver and i don't like that Idea so pull pull makes more sense I hope lol
ucandoit is offline Find More Posts by ucandoit
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucandoit View Post
Cory

No I have not flown the plane I am waiting to get the CG closer to the 5.6 to 6" if I put the battery's
in the motor box I going to have to extend the 12 gauge battery's wires 1 1/2 feet to reach the 922 receiver and i don't like that Idea so pull pull makes more sense I hope lol

make a pair of jumpers for the batts ...I had my batteries along side the tank for 2 flights , it was most definately nose heavy , so I would try different locations till I found my neutral position on CG ..
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 12-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Find More Posts by lou782
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying skunks View Post
I will have to measure mine for ya ...you have the same setup as I do ....keep the push/pull rudder
Donnie, Do you have any issue with using just 1 servo in the wings on this 36% plane?
lou782 is offline Find More Posts by lou782
Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by lou782
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2010
432 Posts
Quote:
Hey guy's I just finished my 37% EDGE I checked my C-G today at the field and its about 7 to 7 1/2 "
Pilot RC says 5.6" from the from the front leading edge so 1 1/2 to 2" is pretty far off I did my build according to Donnie at Chief so looking for some input on whats worked for others. I have DLE 111
HS 7955 two one each wing 1 on each Elev and 1 HS 7980 on the tail as a push pull and that's where I'm thinking I went wrong. Should I have done a pull pull ??? Also have a 922 fail safe with 2 A123 batterys on the rudder tray. I have a WIKE for my Ignition plugged into my Gear. so please let me know works best I moved my battery's up by gas tank and that's not enough so I don't want to but I'm thinking take the servo out of the back and make it a pull pull. Thanks for any info you guy's can give Scott
I have a 35% Pilot Yak that I was thinking of just using the single servo in each wing. I have received mixed reviews about that, may have flutter problems.
lou782 is offline Find More Posts by lou782
Old 12-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by RC4x4
THORNTON, COLORADO
Joined Sep 2007
506 Posts
Quote:
Cory

Mount your batteries in the tank area and call it good. I think it will fly fine. You will be amazed I bet. I know Staurt's flies good the way he has it, but I think the servo in the tail will be just fine. Grubby had his setup like you do and he said it flew fine. I'll check with another friend of mine who just did his maiden a few weeks back and see how he has his setup.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by Show871
Joined Oct 2007
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Mount your batteries in the tank area and call it good. I think it will fly fine. You will be amazed I bet. I know Staurt's flies good the way he has it, but I think the servo in the tail will be just fine. Grubby had his setup like you do and he said it flew fine. I'll check with another friend of mine who just did his maiden a few weeks back and see how he has his setup.

Cory
Yea all these guys have the 111 like you Scott, I have the 100L with a really lite set of mufflers, so I am much lighter up front (why I did pull pull)...with the 111 you have, leave the dam servo in the tail!
Show871 is offline Find More Posts by Show871
Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by RC4x4
THORNTON, COLORADO
Joined Sep 2007
506 Posts
Scott.
Talked to my buddy Wayne and he is using a DA120. His setup is pull pull
and batteries mounted next to the tank, just at the inside of the motor box.
The 111 is gonna be heavier than the 120. I say leave the tail servo and play with the battery
location. That tail servo won't make it behave that bad if it needs to be moved.

Cory
Old 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM
FFAA for Life
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou782 View Post
Donnie, Do you have any issue with using just 1 servo in the wings on this 36% plane?

as long as it is a Good servo , with plenty of torque , I dont see why not ...in that video , the 37%er with the 85 in it , there is only one servo/ail
Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by RC4x4
THORNTON, COLORADO
Joined Sep 2007
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Show871 View Post
Mike got that 73" edge, we should all hook up at LAMA soon!

Yeah! The stupid weather isn't helping though. Maybe after christmas we all could.

Cory
Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Find More Posts by badedge540
Waynesfield ohio
Joined Dec 2006
492 Posts
Quote:
Cory

With The DLE up front you sould not need the batts up front my rudder servo is in the tail and 2 fromeco 5200 is sitting where the pull pull should be and had to add 2 0z of lead in tail to boot flys great just right for mix of precision and good 3 D.
badedge540 is offline Find More Posts by badedge540
Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
FFAA for Life
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
I just measured mine , I have the CG at 6.5 inches with a full tank of gas ..this is giving me a Neutral CG , not a tail heavy flying plane ....1/2" Aft of where the ail counterbalance
Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Joined Feb 2008
348 Posts
C-G

Donnie thanks for checking your C-G I have been checking my C-G with a empty tank. Is that where I'm messing up?? Do I need to fill my tank then check my C-G ?? I took the servo out of the tail and laid it on the pull pull tray and I put the batteries all the way in the motor box and then I finally got C-G at 5 3/4 with a empty tank. what the hell am I doing wrong ??? why am I so tail heavy
I measured from the front leading edge
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by RC4x4
THORNTON, COLORADO
Joined Sep 2007
506 Posts
Quote:
Donnie thanks for checking your C-G I have been checking my C-G with a empty tank. Is that where I'm messing up?? Do I need to fill my tank then check my C-G ?? I took the servo out of the tail and laid it on the pull pull tray and I put the batteries all the way in the motor box and then I finally got C-G at 5 3/4 with a empty tank. what the hell am I doing wrong ??? why am I so tail heavy
I measured from the front leading edge
You can balance the plane with a quarter of the tank filled. Most of the time you will
land with a quarter tank of fuel.

Cory
Old 12-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Joined Feb 2008
348 Posts
C-G

Thanks Cory I will try that it will put more weight in the front for sure so that just might do it. I am over thinking this hole C-G thing trying to get it perfect and it's driving me crazy. I will do it with a 1/4 tank and call it good and go fly this mo-fo

Quick Reply