logo
Old 06-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post
Go away. Your not helping

No wait, you did help make my point. I can say sir you are not invited to attend
Can I come???
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Sure thing dude! Bring all your buddies.
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
This idea never works. There will inevitably be discrepancies when rules are implemented. Pilots will complain to even coordinators about what they believe is a rule violation...whether it be a 3d pilot getting too low or a warbird doing a low highspeed pass on the deck. The event coordinators are then required to confront the "offending" party and when someone is confronted for potentially breaking rules they feel insulted and tempers flare.

The only way to avoid this is to COMMUNICATE with other pilots. If you are on the flightline and another pilot makes you feel uncomfortable. Either politely let them know or have your spotter politely tell them. People respond much better to "hey, could you keep some distance from me please...thank you" rather than being told "you are breaking the rules stoppit!!!"
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 AM
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
It does and has worked many times. And you are right about communication at the flight line. I don't think attacking someone is a good way to approach anyone. Simple reminders and being flexible is the key.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Flying events are like any living, breathing entity... what is right for one or even during one can change depending on many needs and variables... I think vmceachern is trying to give his the the care it needs.
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by Fixed Wing
Horse Power Saves Planes!
Magnolia, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasburrito View Post
Stupid happens more often than in texas.

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!

No need for that kind of talk about Texas.
Fixed Wing is offline Find More Posts by Fixed Wing
Old 06-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by mooneyrocket
Fly low, punch it... Smoke on!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2008
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post
Looking for opinions?
Do you think its fair to have the first 20 minutes of every hour for 3Ders to fly at a NON 3D event.
Getting flack from some who think it should be 30-30 so its even.
The main thing is its not for any genre specifically. Its slated as a Big Bird. We are trying to be fair about it but some people just love contraversy.
Yea. We all share the same hobby, some of us like warbirds over 3D, we all should be able to have the same amount of time to fly. I love both warbirds and 3D, but we should all have the same amount of time to fly for sure. 20 minutes per every hour is a fair amount of time for the 3D guys.
mooneyrocket is offline Find More Posts by mooneyrocket
Old 06-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by boggintuff
Sigh...really?
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Dec 2009
2,993 Posts
Big bird event shouldnt have time restrictions on anything. If you dont want 3d than you need to rename the event otherwise you are discriminating against anyone who isnt flying a classic or Warturd
boggintuff is offline Find More Posts by boggintuff
Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by AEROCOLOR
DAYTON,OHIO
Joined Jan 2006
185 Posts
wow... now I see why I lost my interest in promoting events.
Don`t miss the drama at all.

Oh well, back to the gun forum.
AEROCOLOR is offline Find More Posts by AEROCOLOR
Old 06-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Just your Average Joe.
Joined Jan 2006
9,237 Posts
A group here tried that, keeping 3D for noon time, at an event around here. Pissed me off, I about packed up and went home.

A fly in accepts all diciplines of flying. They don't dictate what dicipline is allowed to fly. If they want a war bird event, then make it a war bird event.
Bunky F. Knuckle is offline Find More Posts by Bunky F. Knuckle
Old 06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEROCOLOR View Post
wow... now I see why I lost my interest in promoting events.
Don`t miss the drama at all.

Oh well, back to the gun forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post
A group here tried that, keeping 3D for noon time, at an event around here. Pissed me off, I about packed up and went home.

A fly in accepts all diciplines of flying. They don't dictate what dicipline is allowed to fly. If they want a war bird event, then make it a war bird event.
Yep...I'm in this boat
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggintuff View Post
Big bird event shouldnt have time restrictions on anything. If you dont want 3d than you need to rename the event otherwise you are discriminating against anyone who isnt flying a classic or Warturd
You need to slow down just a bit .Then back up and really read what i wrote. All were made aware of the 20/40minute time slots. That way if you can read you know about that giving you the choice to attend or not.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by yakwards
Check it bleed,bro was on.
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Apr 2010
2,477 Posts
I think 3D scares the majority of non 3D flyers especially the diehards.Its like rock & roll was the devils music when it first came out & was nothing but bad.I guess they were wrong about that huh?New & groundbreaking things have that affect on most people who do not accept or embrace change.And remember the one thing about change,it is inevitable.
yakwards is offline Find More Posts by yakwards
Old 06-12-2014, 03:46 PM
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky F. Knuckle View Post

I can agree that was ignorant.
The club membership dictates it at our place, all are allowed to fly at any time IMAA rules.
It more screws over the sport/warbird guys the way I see it. Because they will lose 20 minutes every hour. But they gain it back for 40 minutes knowing they won't have to deal with 3D.
For every 3D guy out there that hates circle flyers there is an equal amount of circle flyers that hate 3D. Balancing a good all inclusive event is not easy and for sure it will change with the mood of the flyers. But those that want to stay home can do so too i guess?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Find More Posts by castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Mar 2007
2,335 Posts
Vern,
I feel your pain brother.....we are having our yearly "Big Bird" fly in this coming weekend (for which I am the CD). I like your idea and think it offers the maximum "Fairness Quotient" for all involved. Its not like your saying no aerobatics during the rest of the hour....just no down on the deck over the runway during the designated times. Our big bird is a bring your "biggest" even if its a .40 trainer.....so we want to give everybody equal opportunity to fly within their comfort level.
You will never get a concensus where everyone agrees. There will always be someone who thinks their right to fly their style trumps all others....thats why the CD makes the big bucks...right? With that said, you should have a little flexibility built into your plan.....if 90% 3D'ers show up....then the time tables get swapped and maybe the circle folks get the 20 min of "free air" and the 3D'ers get the rest of the time. Or if you're in a "lull" in the flying...it can just be open flying at your risk. Anyway, I usually find that flexibility is the best course.
Good luck with your event. Hopefully it's a complete success!
CB
castlebravo is offline Find More Posts by castlebravo

Quick Reply