logo
Old 08-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Find More Posts by 3D Trev
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts
Re: Giants From South Africa

Oh Gus I made soem changes to my Moki and its really got lots more power now . Firstly I did some maintenance on the entire plain cause it has about 2 hours flying time logged. When I
3D Trev is offline Find More Posts by 3D Trev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Oh Gus I made soem changes to my Moki and its really got lots more power now . Firstly I did some maintenance on the entire plain cause it has about 2 hours flying time logged. When I took the engine apart I was shocked to find how much oil there was inside it. Exactly 2 days after the last flight and I removed 1 1/2 table spoons of castor oil from inside the casing. To me thats not good and I have heard before of guys running big glowers on less oil becuase of this reason next thing is as you know I have the small volume BCM fitted to mine and the outlets of the exaust are flarred in and I have also heard of guys cutting these flarred sections off and alow the motor to breath better ( actually only on OS 160's ) and with my BCM being the smaller one I decided to try it. So I went round to Mario and he mixed me up some fuel with 88% and 12% castor just enough for two flights plus I cut off the flarred ends of the exuast. The two worked well and the increase in performance is surprizing. I have lost a bit of responce on the bottom ends and the mixture had to be re adjusted. I think thats why the response is bad but I will get it right Moki low ends are difficult to set up that needle is ssssssssoooooooo sensitive.

Trev
Old 08-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Krill have added this Yak 55m to there hangar I like the look of this one .

Trev
Old 08-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey Peter I just read your email ( been having problems with my email lately just couldn't log in )
I can dowload the emoctec manual at the moment but its a hotmail problem.

Actually D and I spoke briefly about Outsoorn at the last meeting at garry and Raels place and I told him that its a good idea we both go and my mom has booked a place at Klienplaasi ( we always stay there) and that D is welcome to stay with us. But now she told me that there was some mistake with the booking on there part and that we might not get a unit ,but anyways if thats the case then D and I can just sort something else out Im cool with camping out at the field. We can get some good Cerebus exposure out there with some demos and stuf.

Another thing is that it would be cool if Damien would beable to fly with me at TOC this year in November. I havn't spoken to him about that but we can sort it out when he gets back from Nam
I wanna kick some Guateng but up there, with some good music and help from Rael I have put together a really sophisticated and fun free stlye routine that sould have people going gaga.

Chat later
Trev
Old 08-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys .
At
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys .
At the moment Beavis
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys .
At the moment Beavis (
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys .
At the moment Beavis ( Mark
Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by flight_stick
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Mother City, South Africa
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Spoke to Rael yesterday. All had a good day flying. Cub got damaged wind blew wing over and apparently trailing edge damaged. Extra motor came loose, prop was touching the cowl, did a bit of damage to bottom of cowl. Landed the plane, fixed was back in the air in the afternoon. He did comment that because of the change in altitude plane is very slippery and hard to slow down. no adjustments needed on engines. Foamy losts its tail due to a fuel leak from Tiaans plane. Shocky losts its covering ,also a fuel leak from one of the cans in the trailer.

Otherwise all in all they had a good days flying.
flight_stick is offline Find More Posts by flight_stick
Old 08-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Trev View Post
Hey Peter I just read your email ( been having problems with my email lately just couldn't log in )

Actually D and I spoke briefly about Outsoorn at the last meeting at garry and Raels place and I told him that its a good idea we both go and my mom has booked a place at Klienplaasi ( we always stay there) and that D is welcome to stay with us. But now she told me that there was some mistake with the booking on there part and that we might not get a unit ,but anyways if thats the case then D and I can just sort something else out Im cool with camping out at the field. We can get some good Cerebus exposure out there with some demos and stuf.

Another thing is that it would be cool if Damien would beable to fly with me at TOC this year in November. I havn't spoken to him about that but we can sort it out when he gets back from Nam
I wanna kick some Guateng but up there, with some good music and help from Rael I have put together a really sophisticated and fun free stlye routine that sould have people going gaga.

Chat later
Trev

Rael should still be in SA . He's planning on flying TOC with Aubrey this year. Hopefully the EDGE is sorted if not going to give Keith some advertizing with MVVS. I should be home as well, so going to be another long trip. Apparently the freestyle section is not compulsory. I know Aubrey is trying to get the schedule from the guys.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Bad-ASS Pit Mechanic
Joined Dec 2006
1,265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Trev View Post

Chat later
Trev

So when are the dates with Oudshoorn?
Old 08-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Hey guys
At the moment Beavis ( Mark Leseburg ) and Jonny Bravo ( John Glezellis ) are flying at the XFC in the Czech Republic and my prediction is that they are going to get there buts kicked by Gernot Bruckman this youngster is fly so well at the moment and is also very creative with his freestlye flying.

Trev
Old 08-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Morning Garry ........
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Fly 3D or go home
Cape Town South Africa
Joined Feb 2007
726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_stick View Post
Rael should still be in SA . He's planning on flying TOC with Aubrey this year. Hopefully the EDGE is sorted if not going to give Keith some advertizing with MVVS. I should be home as well, so going to be another long trip. Apparently the freestyle section is not compulsory. I know Aubrey is trying to get the schedule from the guys.

Great. the more CT guys up there the better. But seriously I dont think the Mvvs will have enough power up at RMAC for Rael to work with. Im 100% sure it will do the job here but at that altitude its a really Bitch. When we flew there earlier this year Aubreys 33% extra which has unlimited vertical here with a 80zdz in it was like a trainer up there and he had to adjust his entry point height on all his manouvers to beable to make it work. ( he did a awsome job at that ) even my hugely overpowered Edge struggled at times.

Here's another option ..........Kroma 180 awsome engine and great price its retailing now at $1400. Just a thought for you .

Well Aurby has alot on his plate at the moment with his new job and all, I have to speak to Gavin in the next few days about some things and will get the knowen shedules and past them on to you.

Yes the freestyle is not compulsary , however its the main perpose for me flying there, us 3D Lads don't do that well in the straight lines department but we still always compete just for the fun of it .Rael doesn't have to fly the freestyle but it would be fun for him. He can settup a crisp routine that has mostly hard tight presision manouvers in it which would compliment his flying style and he would do very well if he did it like this. I can help him if he wants to go for it.

Trev

Quick Reply