logo
Old 04-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Find More Posts by SleepyC
USA, OH, Aurora
Joined Jan 2006
30,070 Posts
Discussion
The Embry-Riddle Radio Control Airplane Club Will Host Their Third Indoor Fly-In

Hey guys, Kevin "Sukhoikid" let me know that their Embry-Riddle indoor fly-in is currently going on!
This is the third year they have done this event and from what Kevin said, it looks like it's growing!

He also provided a link to check out the event live on youstream! Make sure to tune in and watch the freestyle contest at 1pm EST!

Here's the general info:

On April 6th-7th the Embry-Riddle Radio Control Airplane Club will host their third Indoor Fly-In at the Daytona Beach Campus. There will be two flight lines. (Circle Flyers and 3D/Heli Flying)

We also are adding a Freestyle Competition with a cash prize of maybe $300 or more!

More information on the event will be posted February 3rd 2012.

April 6th Friday- Registration 4:30 PM Flying Starts: 5:00 PM-10:00 PM
April 7th Saturday- Registration 7:30 AM Flying Starts 8 AM to 7:00 PM

ALSO:
We will have the 2012 Eagle Indoor Fly-In Live coverage throughout the event. Please visit the link below to view the live coverage. We hope to start coverage around 5 PM Friday and let it run throughout the event. Also Saturday we will try to start it at 8 AM and let it run till the end of the show. We will have freestyles also on Saturday. Keep a look out for a schedule of events.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eagle-indoor-fly-in
SleepyC is offline Find More Posts by SleepyC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Thanks Sleepy for the front page ad. We were unable to do the 300 dollar cash prize for freestyle. But we do have some other great prizes for the freestyle contestants! Hope everyone is enjoying the feed!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by flying skunks
FFAA for Life
Flying with the Best of Friends
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
It's a dang good time in here ...right now they are racing the poles ..

And VooDoo called himself a "poledancer" ..
Here's a crazy pic from the phone ..
flying skunks is offline Find More Posts by flying skunks
Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 AM
FFAA for Life
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Jackie Chan numba won
Old 04-07-2012, 12:06 PM
FFAA for Life
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
An electric unicycle , with five gyros ..
Bad Arse
Old 04-07-2012, 12:16 PM
FFAA for Life
Joined May 2006
19,622 Posts
Look ..
Old 04-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by eclipso
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2010
183 Posts
Don't go fallin off a cliff, Haha ! Thats is a cool unicycle though.
eclipso is offline Find More Posts by eclipso
Old 04-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by Black Sheep
Cowra NSW Australia
Joined Feb 2006
710 Posts
Must be hard to stay on being inverted and knife edge all the time. How do you put top rudder in on that thing?
Black Sheep is offline Find More Posts by Black Sheep
Old 04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
How many points do you have ?
3 miles South of where Jamie McMurray cried like a Biotch.
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
I HAD SUCH A BLAST last night and all day today,i must have flown 50 flights and the plane came home in 1 piece ......Big thanks to Kevin and his crew,and Embry-Riddle for putting this event on.....Nothing like flying foam and having a killer time with your friends,while the AC and music are kicking...and a BIG THANKS to B&E Graffix,i won the $50 gift cert in the raffle I just might miss Kevin and this event seeing how he will be moving home after he graduates this year...amazing how fast the 4 years went by.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old 04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by Mode1Kid
Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2006
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I HAD SUCH A BLAST last night and all day today,i must have flown 50 flights and the plane came home in 1 piece ......Big thanks to Kevin and his crew,and Embry-Riddle for putting this event on.....Nothing like flying foam and having a killer time with your friends,while the AC and music are kicking...and a BIG THANKS to B&E Graffix,i won the $50 gift cert in the raffle I just might miss Kevin and this event seeing how he will be moving home after he graduates this year...amazing how fast the 4 years went by.
It's definitely going to be difficult to put on an event as well as Kevin can. We have a lot of work ahead of us to make next year's event is just as good as this one.
And a special thanks goes out to all of the event sponsors. Our raffle and pilot fees brought in close to $700 for our club. This will help us cover the cost of maintaining our club trainers in addition to a possible school trip to an IMAC contest in the near future.
Mode1Kid is offline Find More Posts by Mode1Kid
Old 04-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode1Kid View Post
It's definitely going to be difficult to put on an event as well as Kevin can. We have a lot of work ahead of us to make next year's event is just as good as this one.
And a special thanks goes out to all of the event sponsors. Our raffle and pilot fees brought in close to $700 for our club. This will help us cover the cost of maintaining our club trainers in addition to a possible school trip to an IMAC contest in the near future.
Ohhhhh,so this event will happen next year ??? Cool,who cares about Kevin,i was just thinking when he goes,the event goes
Old 04-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by heligrom
NY, USA
Joined Jan 2007
890 Posts
This will happen next year without Kevin. This time, there'll just be more strippers.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
I just got settled in back at home. I am def exhausted from past two days of flying and setting up!

First I would like to thank Embry-Riddle for letting the R/C Club hosting a event like we did. We are very lucky to be able to do this. Second I would like to thank everyone in the ERAU R/C Club for helping out. I did a lot of the behind the scenes work but they work hard during the event and it really made the event run very smooth!

We couldn't have done anything without our sponsors. Thank you Horizon Hobby, Hobbico, Aero-Works, DW Foamies, B&E Graphix, Eagle Tree Systems, and RC Pilot Magazine for your donations. It really helped us out a lot!

As for the next event. Well I am passing the leadership on to Jim Bumbaugh and the new club officers for the 2012-2013 School Year. I know they will do a great job. I know if I am able to come I will come and be a pilot.

I will be graduating this semester. I will not lie...I almost shed a tear walking out of the gym for the last time a while ago. Its amazing how fast four years go by. I have met some great people living in Florida for my college career. I will def miss them when I move back to GA or wherever my future job takes me.

Donnie, Voodoo, Lou from Daytona have done a lot for me and they have def made FL feel like home. Thank you!

I have a few photos and videos I will upload later. For now I am going to relax and chill for the night.

Thank you everyone that tuned in to watch the live feed. I hope everyone enjoyed it!

Thank you Flying Giants for the support also!

Hope everyone can make it to our next event.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
One of the videos. This was pretty cool what Jim and Max did!

Eagle Indoor Fly-In Dual Flying (3 min 2 sec)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Joined May 2007
9,314 Posts
That was sooooooo schweeeeeeet watching those two tandem,,,,,and yes,i heard the part where you say "go scare VooDoo with it " I take it that is why i had a Crack Yak hovering in my face 2 minutes later

Quick Reply