logo
Old 05-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Thanks everyone. Been looking around for a few corporate jobs for now. I am staying away from the airlines. Currently working on my CFI rating also. Next hiring panel for FAA is this fall...I hope to be picked up then!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by reyn3545
United States, FL, Mulberry
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
rut ro... looks like the traffic you control this summer might be in the drive-thru line at your favorite fast food place.

Not to worry... my vast empire of wealth and assets all began behind the counter at Pizza Hut in 1977!

(ok... vast is about an acre, and the wealth and asset accumulation thing is all in my head)
reyn3545 is offline Find More Posts by reyn3545
Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
rut ro... looks like the traffic you control this summer might be in the drive-thru line at your favorite fast food place.

Not to worry... my vast empire of wealth and assets all began behind the counter at Pizza Hut in 1977!

(ok... vast is about an acre, and the wealth and asset accumulation thing is all in my head)
ha ha luckily I could always work for my Dad until the fall if anything!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Yep, family is always nice to have around.

Congrats on the graduation, and best of luck with your career. Hopefully you're coming into the job market on the tail end of a recession and the next 10 years or so will be very fruitful... that happened to me in the 80's... and I got spoiled on 20% raises.... can't remember the last time that happened!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyn3545 View Post
Yep, family is always nice to have around.

Congrats on the graduation, and best of luck with your career. Hopefully you're coming into the job market on the tail end of a recession and the next 10 years or so will be very fruitful... that happened to me in the 80's... and I got spoiled on 20% raises.... can't remember the last time that happened!
Yeah, it may be 20% tax increases.
Jeff
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Yikes!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
I know one thing...I get tired of going to flight schools to get my CFI done and they ask you where you did your training and you say at so and so flight school and they say o they suck blah blah they can't teach, we do it the right way..blah blah blah....I told them I did my training at Embry-Riddle and ATP flight school and just bashed both of them.... They said Riddle students think they are god when it comes to flying and students from ATP don't know anything considering they did their program so fast...

I understand a lot of riddle students have their egos...but i straight up told them that I am not like that. I am down to earth kind of guy that just wants to get my CFI done with.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Oct 2006
10,499 Posts
Keep focused on your goals, and always remember....

Illigitimi non carborundum

Look it up, and remember it for the rest of your career... it will come in handy a lot!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Find More Posts by jwilliams
Happy contrails
Near Louisville, KY
Joined Jan 2006
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
I know one thing...I get tired of going to flight schools to get my CFI done and they ask you where you did your training and you say at so and so flight school and they say o they suck blah blah they can't teach, we do it the right way..blah blah blah....I told them I did my training at Embry-Riddle and ATP flight school and just bashed both of them.... They said Riddle students think they are god when it comes to flying and students from ATP don't know anything considering they did their program so fast...

I understand a lot of riddle students have their egos...but i straight up told them that I am not like that. I am down to earth kind of guy that just wants to get my CFI done with.
It has been that way for the last 25 years. Just let it in one ear and out the other........as the saying goes "be a rubber ball by letting things bounce off you and keep rolling". I remember when I got hired by UPS 16 years ago on one of my final trips the guy I was flying with said so you're gonna just be at UPS a year of two and then try to get on with United or American right??? I said no this is it for me, had I followed his thoughts I would of been furloughed at least once.
Jeff Williams
jwilliams is offline Find More Posts by jwilliams
Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Find More Posts by Dan767
That's at least a 9
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Jan 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
It has been that way for the last 25 years. Just let it in one ear and out the other........as the saying goes "be a rubber ball by letting things bounce off you and keep rolling". I remember when I got hired by UPS 16 years ago on one of my final trips the guy I was flying with said so you're gonna just be at UPS a year of two and then try to get on with United or American right??? I said no this is it for me, had I followed his thoughts I would of been furloughed at least once.
Jeff Williams
+1
Dan767 is offline Find More Posts by Dan767
Last edited by Dan767; 05-24-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by sirzepp
United States, TX, Kilgore
Joined Aug 2011
297 Posts
Yeah, UPS was the right choice. I would love to work for UPS or FedEx...seems to be more stable and sustainable. In fact, thoseare probably the only two carriers I would pursue if I wanted to move on.

Good choice on that...

There are too many egos in aviation...that is for sure
sirzepp is offline Find More Posts by sirzepp
Old 06-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by rcakropilot
What... Weather sucks again!!!
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Joined Jan 2007
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post

Don't ya just hate that.
rcakropilot is offline Find More Posts by rcakropilot
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Find More Posts by N726AC
Seven.Four Liters
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Sep 2006
7,552 Posts
Gleaned from Avweb this AM;

SHORT FINAL

En route over central Florida, we heard the following exchange between Jacksonville Center or Approach (can't remember which) and a Cessna approaching its destination:
Jax Center:
"1234AB, do you have information 'Hotel'?"
1234AB:
"Uh, nah, sir, we don't need it. Thanks, but we're stayin' with some friends down in New Smyrna."
Jax Center:
"1234AB, negative. Advise if you have ATIS information 'Hotel,' please."
1234AB (after a pause) :
"Uh, Jax Center, like I say, we don't need any hotel information. We've already got a place to stay down in New Smyrna."
Jax Center:
"4AB, I'm not giving you hotel information. I need you to advise that you have ATIS information 'Hotel' at [landing airport]."
[Several moments of silence.]
Jax Center:
"Cessna 1234AB, Jacksonville Center."
1234AB:
"4AB. Go ahead."
Jax Center:
"Did you copy the request for ATIS information 'Hotel'?"
1234AB:
"No, sir, I did not -- 'cause I don't need it. Like I already told you, we got a place to stay already down in New Smyrna!"
Jax Center:
"1234AB, go to 123.45, listen to the recording you will hear, and return to this frequency to advise you've heard what is on that frequency."
1234AB:
"4AB: 123.45 -- roger. So long, sir."
A frequeny change of our own prevented us from learning if 4AB ever did receive Hotel, but we trust their stay in New Smyrna was a pleasant one.
A. Tipps
via e-mail
N726AC is offline Find More Posts by N726AC
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by sirzepp
United States, TX, Kilgore
Joined Aug 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N726AC View Post
Gleaned from Avweb this AM;

SHORT FINAL

En route over central Florida, we heard the following exchange between Jacksonville Center or Approach (can't remember which) and a Cessna approaching its destination:
Jax Center:
"1234AB, do you have information 'Hotel'?"
1234AB:
"Uh, nah, sir, we don't need it. Thanks, but we're stayin' with some friends down in New Smyrna."
Jax Center:
"1234AB, negative. Advise if you have ATIS information 'Hotel,' please."
1234AB (after a pause) :
"Uh, Jax Center, like I say, we don't need any hotel information. We've already got a place to stay down in New Smyrna."
Jax Center:
"4AB, I'm not giving you hotel information. I need you to advise that you have ATIS information 'Hotel' at [landing airport]."
[Several moments of silence.]
Jax Center:
"Cessna 1234AB, Jacksonville Center."
1234AB:
"4AB. Go ahead."
Jax Center:
"Did you copy the request for ATIS information 'Hotel'?"
1234AB:
"No, sir, I did not -- 'cause I don't need it. Like I already told you, we got a place to stay already down in New Smyrna!"
Jax Center:
"1234AB, go to 123.45, listen to the recording you will hear, and return to this frequency to advise you've heard what is on that frequency."
1234AB:
"4AB: 123.45 -- roger. So long, sir."
A frequeny change of our own prevented us from learning if 4AB ever did receive Hotel, but we trust their stay in New Smyrna was a pleasant one.
A. Tipps
via e-mail
Wow.
sirzepp is offline Find More Posts by sirzepp
Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Find More Posts by Pistolera
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2006
4,242 Posts
At first I thought this was a joke...but it seems not. Unbelievable is what it is!!!

Earle
Pistolera is offline Find More Posts by Pistolera
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)

Quick Reply