Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Go Back   FlyingGiants > IMAC > Northwest
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 12-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #6031
Clete Landefeld
Ok, Pull back to go up..got it

Quote: Originally Posted by welton1720
View Post
maybe I can stop by one of these days soon and we can get it ran and give it a once over too
that would be great! .... I am sure there will be things you don't like about the setup... hell.. there are things I don't like.. Little things like wiring, and plumbing...easy fixes, but really unnecessary. I think everyone has a "Better Idea" but I want to fly it, asses what it REALLY needs addressed and then make the CORRECT changes. I don't want to change this thing up multiple times.
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #6032
Bdub
Gettin' Lower!

Frankenplane is coming back to life. I sent in the 8611a servos for a check out. They replaced gears in about half of the servos. I installed them and every one that had the gears replaced are very loud without hooking up any linkage.

Has anyone experienced this? Should I open them up and lube them? I called today and they said they are tested before delivery and should be fine.
Bdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #6033
Clete Landefeld
Ok, Pull back to go up..got it

Quote: Originally Posted by Bdub
View Post
Frankenplane is coming back to life. I sent in the 8611a servos for a check out. They replaced gears in about half of the servos. I installed them and every one that had the gears replaced are very loud without hooking up any linkage.

Has anyone experienced this? Should I open them up and lube them? I called today and they said they are tested before delivery and should be fine.
My new plane has SA-1283SG Super Torque Steel Gear Digital Servo.... These sound like they have sand in them!.... I was told.... Doesn't mean I am right or knowledgeable, that this is normal?!
I was told to fire them up am move the servo slowly... if it is suspect it will have a dead spot or "flat spot" obviously they don't...or would have pulled them out..

In short, I am interested in hearing what is normal and what is not.... All my other planes have SB-2274SG High Speed HV Brushless Steel Gear Digital Servo and they a silk!
Clete Landefeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #6034
Cryhavoc38
Go Hawks!

Any news good or bad regarding ECRC aka Cascade?
I want to get back into IMAC in 2015 but won't even bother if the only local field capable of supporting a 42% is closed
I don't plan to drive for hours to another field for practice.

thanks all
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #6035
sthudson
Doo It! Doo It!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bdub
View Post

I have sorta wondered the same thing. I sent in a group of 8911HV that came back rebuilt last winter. Noticed that they all made a lot of noise (grinding) when moving them by hand. I was told that's normal and I've flown it a year now with no issues. I'm still curious if this really is normal though.

Scott
sthudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #6036
RoughLandin
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Cryhavoc38
View Post
Any news good or bad regarding ECRC aka Cascade?
I want to get back into IMAC in 2015 but won't even bother if the only local field capable of supporting a 42% is closed
I don't plan to drive for hours to another field for practice.

thanks all
Aside from being a Cluster of a situation...
It sounds like progress is being made at government speed (slowly). Meanwhile the duck hunters are still trying to keep it closed because our planes scare away their birds. Funny I thought their guns did that...
http://emerald-city-rc.com/index.htm
http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/
RoughLandin is online now   Reply With Quote