logo
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Find More Posts by starzen
Stuart, FL
Joined Sep 2009
49 Posts
DLE55 Ignition

new to gas and having some issues. Hopefully i can get some tips here on what to do

i had some issues with my DLE 55 and after cleaning the carb i couldnt get it to start. Not even a pop

so i took the plug out and checked and i didnt have any ignition. After playing with a few things i found i seem to have an issue with the hall effect sensor. it is pushed into this plastic clip and then held in place by a plastic wedge.

if i pushed it all the way in and then put the wedge in it would work for a while but the ignition would go away after running a little. if i pushed it in but pulled it back very little and put the wedge in it seemed to work.

I am not happy though as it is because i am worried the vibration will change this again.

is there something wrong or any tips (ca it where it is ...)

any help appreciated

thanks

Mike
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Sponsor of My Sons
Sea Level in the SunShine!
Joined Aug 2008
1,280 Posts
Re: DLE55 Ignition

Sit tight and wait for Jody to chime in. He's on the west coast....
KnowCrashes is offline Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Old 11-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by Super08
Who put that tree there?
Fort McMurray AB
Joined Mar 2008
7,126 Posts

The wedge is supposed to be glued in. It must have been missed in the factory. Be sure you have the cap pushed on all the way as well. They are extremly hard to put on and remove. The plug cap should go down far enough to cover the hex that the scoket goes on at the base of the plug.
Super08 is offline Find More Posts by Super08
Old 11-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by pryor808
Fast & Low
Originally from Puerto Rico but, live in NY. Go! Gabriel Altuz
Joined Nov 2009
3,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super08 View Post
The wedge is supposed to be glued in. It must have been missed in the factory. Be sure you have the cap pushed on all the way as well. They are extremly hard to put on and remove. The plug cap should go down far enough to cover the hex that the scoket goes on at the base of the plug.

As Super08 said,

There's supposed to be a small plastic wedge that gets pushed into the hall sensor bracket hole underneath the sensor. Then apply a drop of CA on the wedge/sensor. The cap is hard to put on/remove if you do not turn the ring on the cap and, align the ring opening with the cap slit.
pryor808 is offline Find More Posts by pryor808
Old 11-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Stuart, FL
Joined Sep 2009
49 Posts

thanks so i guess gluing it in place at a time where the ignition works well should do the trick

i am wondering. if i order a replacement. If you unscrew the plastic bracket can the ignition timing be messed up ?

thanks

Mike
Old 11-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Sponsor of My Sons
Sea Level in the SunShine!
Joined Aug 2008
1,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
thanks so i guess gluing it in place at a time where the ignition works well should do the trick

i am wondering. if i order a replacement. If you unscrew the plastic bracket can the ignition timing be messed up ?

thanks

Mike

Sure can. Easy to do though. Just mark the location of the bracket on the case with a fine tip sharpie, or put a small scribe mark on there. Just unscrew the old one and put the new one in the same spot.

Important thing to remember.... make sure you install the new sensor in the correct position. It does matter which side is up and which is down......
KnowCrashes is offline Find More Posts by KnowCrashes
Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Stuart, FL
Joined Sep 2009
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowCrashes View Post
Sure can. Easy to do though. Just mark the location of the bracket on the case with a fine tip sharpie, or put a small scribe mark on there. Just unscrew the old one and put the new one in the same spot.

Important thing to remember.... make sure you install the new sensor in the correct position. It does matter which side is up and which is down......
any way to find out which side is correct ? it came out really easy and i couldnt really tell what side was up. it is running fine right now after putting it back in though

thanks

Mike
Old 11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by bmclaughlin
United States, TX, Allen
Joined Mar 2008
1,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
any way to find out which side is correct ? it came out really easy and i couldnt really tell what side was up. it is running fine right now after putting it back in though

thanks

Mike
It's in the right way or it would not spark. You can simply slide the bare senor tip over the magnet and the side that will generate a spark as it passes over is the correct side to be down.
bmclaughlin is online now Find More Posts by bmclaughlin
Old 11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Stuart, FL
Joined Sep 2009
49 Posts

thanks. Then i will CA it tomorrow and see how it holds up

Quick Reply