Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by GizmoMadMax
MadMax Engineer
United States, PA
Joined May 2008
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Actually, it is more accurately a $60 Wolverine vs $30 Smart-Fly Batt-Share and 2, $15 - $25 heavy duty switches ($60-$80 total).

The Wolverine is an all in one unit, includes "fail on" switches and costs the same or less, depending on the switches chosen.
Yea. Yup

I just ordered the Wolverine & their DCUP MARKII device
I tell you what, both Bob of Smart-fly.com & Mike from Fromeco are honest people!!!
I was thinking maybe Dual Smart-Fly Batt-shares due to Hitec Rx with JR connectors, to supply more juice, but with voltage drops on each JR connector, Bob said either purchase Smart-Fly or Wolverine, and he said you want the Wolverine for what i was looking for, lol, how cool is that.

Then when speaking with Mike, he said with 'Y' harnesses, that voltage drop vs current is almost a net zero gain, just a small gain, like only maybe a 1/4 gain, so doubling only gives a small gain, basic electronics of ohms law and quality of connectors proves that and they both can prove on their benches as they have many times and bob has for his local club, too cool.
Basically soldering each joint is the best thing, but who would do that... (because 22gauge wire can carry 8Amps, but the weak point is the JR connect at 2.5 amps and depends on joint of wire and JR pin to JR pin)

So I asked Mike if this was his plane setup with Hitec & JR connections (not option for DEAN's), and get this, he was honest enough to say the Wolverine and DCUP are fine, but the BEST scenario for full JR leads scenario of the Hitec System JR connector system, is the Smart-fly, lol, how cool is that. See, the Smart-Fly takes over and resolves all the JR connector voltage drop issues and supplies the voltage and current to EVERY servo, just stating the facts.
(Now the Deans connector scenario is best, but Hitec receivers have no such beast yet )

So anyway, i can give the voltage drop details later, but for now, to keep weight down and just a little simplier, i went with the wolverine & DCUP device

* DCUP device is like those new devices you can put on your home main feed panel, it has capacitors to deal with the surge and save energy. So on something like a pop-top or other surges, the DCUP supplies the surge juice, especially for a JR connector setup for us Hitec A9 receiver folks out here.

Cheers !!
GizmoMadMax is offline Find More Posts by GizmoMadMax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply