Old 09-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
JR DA 215 Flyer
United States, CA, Apple Valley
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Discussion
EQ6 Turbo Setup Question

Hi Robert, With my new EQ6 Turbo and New 921 RX, AUX 3 port is open on the RX. Plane is a BH 50% 540 with a 3W275. I think I am on the right track here but need a little clarification on the direction I should go

I am thinking(dangerous) since there are 4 servos on the rudder, I may have to move the ch5 lead(on the board) to the AUX 3 position on the RX because 3 ports on channel 4 isn't gonna quite do it. This will leave the Gear port on the RX open for the Fiber optic transmitter module for my dual ignition cutoff system.

My Questions are,,, Since the gear port on the RX open, is this going to be OK to plug in the Fiber optic transmitter module for my dual ignition cutoff system?

Also, can I assign my choke servo(AUX 4 on the RX) to channel 8 on the board?

Maybe I should have went EQ 10 with an external Turbo???

Thanks, BV
Bill Vargas is offline Find More Posts by Bill Vargas
Last edited by Bill Vargas; 09-28-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi Bill, I am not quite sure how moving the rudder from Ch5 to Aux3 is going to do anything. You CAN NOT run ANY servos directly off the receiver. All adjustable channels on the Eq6 have 3 outputs. You cannot have more than 3 rudder servos.

Ch 8 is not adjustable so it fine for choke. The Eq6 fiber-optic transmitter (built in) must go on one of the channels 2-7.

I think I am missing something here. Some of these questions don't really makes sense to me when talking about an Eq6. Maybe you want to call me, might go quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Hi Robert, With my new EQ6 Turbo and New 921 RX, AUX 3 port is open on the RX. Plane is a BH 50% 540 with a 3W275. I think I am on the right track here but need a little clarification on the direction I should go

I am thinking(dangerous) since there are 4 servos on the rudder, I may have to move the ch5 lead(on the board) to the AUX 3 position on the RX because 3 ports on channel 4 isn't gonna quite do it. This will leave the Gear port on the RX open for the Fiber optic transmitter module for my dual ignition cutoff system.

My Questions are,,, Since the gear port on the RX open, is this going to be OK to plug in the Fiber optic transmitter module for my dual ignition cutoff system?

Also, can I assign my choke servo(AUX 4 on the RX) to channel 8 on the board?

Maybe I should have went EQ 10 with an external Turbo???

Thanks, BV
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 09-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Move the rudder what way ?????
United States, NJ, Egg Harbor City
Joined Aug 2006
3,242 Posts
Not sure what the main question is, but if you are looking for more output ports from the Smartfly, you maybe able to do what I have done.

I needed four ports for the use of four elevator servos.
So I made a jumper that jumped the out going signal from the Smartfly port #2 and put that signal ( elevator ) into the Smartfly input for port #7.
since it all is reading the same signal, this made available two ports from #2 and three ports from #7, all working off of one channel from the RX.
No mixing of the radio to get more outputs from the Smartfly.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

2robinhood is offline Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Old 09-29-2013, 03:04 PM
JR DA 215 Flyer
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Hi Robert, On my RX, the AUX port #3 is open meaning nothing is plugged into it. In order for me to ultilize 4 servos on the rudder, I had to move the #5 lead from the board over to my AUX 3 port which now leaves the port on the RX marked for "Gear",,, open.

So again, the gear port on the RX is open, is this going to be OK to plug in the Fiber optic transmitter module for my Smartfly dual ignition cutoff system for my 3W275?

The Smartfly dual ingnition system comes with a Fiber optic transmitter for when configurations such as mine makes it necessary yes?

All EQ6 Turbo ports are filled up with servos so utillizing ports 2 thru 7 for the EQ 6 ignition cutoff won t work for me. Thats why I had the question about swapping over to the EQ 10 with an External Turbo Regulator.

I know you say not to plug anything into the RX other than the leads coming off the EQ6 Turbo board. So if thats the case then I will call,,,

thanks, Bill
Last edited by Bill Vargas; 09-29-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Move the rudder what way ?????
United States, NJ, Egg Harbor City
Joined Aug 2006
3,242 Posts
I now see that the EQ6 won't do what you want to since it only has 8 ports / channels and your using 9 channels on you RX.

Looks like the EQ10 will do what you want, plus you may not have to mix the rudder to anther channel since the EQ10 has two channels that have 4 output ports.

Sucks that you needs to use a separate turbo regulator though.

2robinhood is offline Find More Posts by 2robinhood
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
447 Posts
Hi Bill,
I am still not quite sure how moving the #5 lead to AUX 3 bought you 4 servos. You can do what the other poster said, you can run 2 Eq6 channels off one receiver channel using a "Y".

You can run a separate transmitter module for the dual ignition cutoff receiver but you can also just run the dual ignition fiber-optic receiver off the built in fiber-optic transmitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Vargas View Post
Hi Robert, On my RX, the AUX port #3 is open meaning nothing is plugged into it. In order for me to ultilize 4 servos on the rudder, I had to move the #5 lead from the board over to my AUX 3 port which now leaves the port on the RX marked for "Gear",,, open.

So again, the gear port on the RX is open, is this going to be OK to plug in the Fiber optic transmitter module for my Smartfly dual ignition cutoff system for my 3W275?

The Smartfly dual ingnition system comes with a Fiber optic transmitter for when configurations such as mine makes it necessary yes?

All EQ6 Turbo ports are filled up with servos so utillizing ports 2 thru 7 for the EQ 6 ignition cutoff won t work for me. Thats why I had the question about swapping over to the EQ 10 with an External Turbo Regulator.

I know you say not to plug anything into the RX other than the leads coming off the EQ6 Turbo board. So if thats the case then I will call,,,

thanks, Bill
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Site Sponsor
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM
JR DA 215 Flyer
Joined Mar 2011
3,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2robinhood View Post
I now see that the EQ6 won't do what you want to since it only has 8 ports / channels and your using 9 channels on you RX.

Looks like the EQ10 will do what you want, plus you may not have to mix the rudder to anther channel since the EQ10 has two channels that have 4 output ports.

Yup, thats exactly what I had to do Thanks to Robert for allowing me to exchange the EQ6 for the EQ10,,, even tho I may have confused a few with my past delima its companies and people like Robert/Smartfly that make this a Great Hobby!

So now by swapping over to the EQ10 I now have 2 free open channels to play with

Thanks Again Robert

BV

Quick Reply