logo
Old 08-11-2011, 04:47 AM
Find More Posts by sherman89
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtPlt View Post
Ummm, I wish I only wasted a few minutes. I spent hours trying to get it to run smooth and I also ran a tank through on the ground in hopes of it smoothing out. I will run a couple more tanks through on the ground and try a different prop before I give up on the engine. If that does not work, I will sale it to one of you guys who love your 30 so I can get a E setup going.
I have a 1/4 scale H9-106" cub on floats that I went electric and using 9S (6+3-5000 paks) I have 12 minutes of flight time on the water and had 20 minutes of flight time on wheels. It sure is quiet and is a joy on the water. Speaking of BH I have a 40% super cub I have coming that will eventually end up on floats as well. Joe Nall/12---here we come!!!!
sherman89 is offline Find More Posts by sherman89
Last edited by sherman89; 08-11-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 AM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
My buddy Dustin n' I did a little formation flying today with the Cubs. What a blast!

I've got the DA broken in now and she flies like a dream. No bad traits to speak of.

Enjoy the photos,

-Buzzed

P.S. Hope you don't mind the AW Cub shots, but I wanted to share the AZ sunset with my FG buds.
Great pics, I have a 50cc S2 cub with a Saito 57 twin gas in it, it sounds just like a full scale cub with the ol' Continental 65 motor.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Buzzed
3D Sunset Flier!
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Dec 2008
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
I have a 1/4 scale H9-106" cub on floats that I went electric and using 9S (6+3-5000 paks) I have 12 minutes of flight time on the water and had 20 minutes of flight time on wheels. It sure is quiet and is a joy on the water. Speaking of BH I have a 40% super cub I have coming that will eventually end up on floats as well. Joe Nall/12---here we come!!!!
Cool! My buddy Yuri has a H9 Cub on floats too. Scorpion powered on 2x 6S 5000. Nice long flights & tons of power.

I will see you at Joe Nall next year. Can't wait!

-Buzzed
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old 08-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Cool! My buddy Yuri has a H9 Cub on floats too. Scorpion powered on 2x 6S 5000. Nice long flights & tons of power.

I will see you at Joe Nall next year. Can't wait!

-Buzzed
Buzzed, there will be plenty of action at the Nall/12 with a bunch of big whoppers coming for sure, I will have my fleet there as well. I am using 9S----Yuri flew with us last year at the lake---I thought he was using 10S paks, my boo-boo. I remember Yuri doing rolling circles with the cubby and they were as smooth and level as his aerobatic rolling circles----the guy is definitely very good----we just have to get him to fly a little more scale on and off the water.
Last edited by sherman89; 08-12-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:38 AM
3D Sunset Flier!
Joined Dec 2008
381 Posts
Yeah, I was there for 3-days flying on the lake with him. He let me fly his Cub too. What a blast!

I will have a couple of small float planes there next year. See you there.

-Buzzed
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Ocala Fl
Joined Feb 2007
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I was there for 3-days flying on the lake with him. He let me fly his Cub too. What a blast!

I will have a couple of small float planes there next year. See you there.

-Buzzed
Okay, I remember, I was flying the 40% J-3 cub with Bob and his son Matt. We all will be there with bells on!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by joshet89
Mode1 Hack
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Aug 2010
65 Posts
So whats the general opinion of this plane with a 30cc?? I have a RCGF32 that really hauled in a 70" 3DHS Slick that is looking for a new home and this looks like a great change of pace.
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 PM
3D Sunset Flier!
Joined Dec 2008
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
So whats the general opinion of this plane with a 30cc?? I have a RCGF32 that really hauled in a 70" 3DHS Slick that is looking for a new home and this looks like a great change of pace.
Hi,

I think the 30 would be just about right for this little yellow Cub. I have yet to see one fly with a 30, but I don't think you could get any more scale than that in terms of power.

I'm impressed with the flying characteristics each and every time I fly it. I think I may need an electric one in the future. Maybe blue or red...

-Buzzed
Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by Herk_Man
Flyin' Around
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Where can I find the mounting template. I just got my 25% Cub and DA 50R engine. Also, it does not come with the 1/4-20 mounting bolts. Are those anything special or will regular bolts with some washers and some locktite do the trick?

Also, the smoke-ready muffler for the DA 50R does not come with bolts to mount it to the engine. Anyone know what thread it takes? It's not 1/4 - 20.

Thanks,

I'll probably have a lot of questions along the way. I'm kind of a novice but pick things up quick. But with no directions in the kit, I'm gonna have to swallow my pride and ask for help now and then.
Herk_Man is offline Find More Posts by Herk_Man
Last edited by Herk_Man; 09-14-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 AM
3D Sunset Flier!
Joined Dec 2008
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk_Man View Post
Where can I find the mounting template. I just got my 25% Cub and DA 50R engine. Also, it does not come with the 1/4-20 mounting bolts. Are those anything special or will regular bolts with some washers and some locktite do the trick?

Also, the smoke-ready muffler for the DA 50R does not come with bolts to mount it to the engine. Anyone know what thread it takes? It's not 1/4 - 20.

Thanks,

I'll probably have a lot of questions along the way. I'm kind of a novice but pick things up quick. But with no directions in the kit, I'm gonna have to swallow my pride and ask for help now and then.
Contact FlyerRick (Post #111). He can hook you up with all the directions you need. Plus he has a nice list of high quality items that he recommends for the Cub.

Enjoy,

-Buzzed
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Find More Posts by flying88
geting lower!!
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2009
364 Posts
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS FOR THE 25% CUB???...........YES.........OR...........NO?
flying88 is offline Find More Posts by flying88
Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Find More Posts by terickson
4Gpo-Girls,Guns,Guitars,Giants
Durham, Ca
Joined Jul 2006
147 Posts
You may have to butcher the cowl to fit a can muffler in it.
terickson is offline Find More Posts by terickson
Old 10-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Find More Posts by ExtPlt
Joined Jan 2008
290 Posts
A 30cc flys the Cub more thanjust scale. At my altitude (4,700ft and HOT) the 30 is just under 1:1 for the power to weight. My goal isto get some video of this setup in a couple of weeks when I get back home. I can get the Cub to do almost anything except hover. If you looking for a Cub with unlimited vertical then you will need more than a DLE 30.
ExtPlt is offline Find More Posts by ExtPlt
Old 10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Find More Posts by flying88
geting lower!!
United States, MS
Joined Feb 2009
364 Posts
Will the hanger 9 1/4 scale floats work with this cub???
flying88 is offline Find More Posts by flying88
Old 10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by UNDERDOG
Floating Around
Joined Oct 2008
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying88 View Post
Will the hanger 9 1/4 scale floats work with this cub???

Flying 88, The float length should be about 75% of the planes fuelage length ( this is measured from the rudder hinge to the prop hub). They may be a little big. The step on the floats need to be about 1/2" to 1" behind the cg of the plane, this in turn should put the bow of the floats t least a few inches hed of the prop. Give us a few measuements and we can comment further. Good luck
UNDERDOG is offline Find More Posts by UNDERDOG

Quick Reply