logo
Old 06-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by t-moller
I'd rather be out flying
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2007
378 Posts
Finally after a year of it hanging in the ceiling, I got mine out for the first flight last Saturday. Flew great, elevator very responsive, slight tuck under on knife edge but not bad at all. She is quite a floater, first landing I let the tail down and she wanted to lift back off again. Engine still needs some tuning as on my second flight entering into a flat spin engine died and I had to dead stick it in. Glides nice too no nasty surprises at all.

Can't wait until tomorrow to fly it again.
t-moller is offline Find More Posts by t-moller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by Newfie_Russell
Flyin' Around
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
Goldwing 50cc build

Hey all

seems like this is the place to come to get some info!! anyway to get too it, I'm new to the 50cc planes getting out of glow!! the question that I have is for the Goldwing Sbach 342 50cc V3 kit. I'm curious if anyone on here has any pics of the fuel/smoke tank setup to give me an idea of what I should do with mine with regards to placement of the tanks and size of tanks I should use. the following is what I'm planning on running in mine.

hitec 7955tg rudder/elevator/ailerons
hitec 5645MG Throttle
Smart fly Powersystem sport plus
Sullivan sky writer smoke pump
dle 55ra engine with header and canister.
2x A123 batteries.

Thanks in advance all!! any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Newfie_Russell is offline Find More Posts by Newfie_Russell
Old 07-08-2014, 04:58 AM
Find More Posts by baja_patient
Joined Jul 2013
286 Posts
Hi guys, need to order up some bits to complete my build, could somebody please let me know the length of the servo extensions that I need and how many of each? Cheers!
baja_patient is offline Find More Posts by baja_patient
Old 04-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by CropDuster
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jan 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CropDuster View Post
50cc Sbach arrived a few minutes ago, I ordered the Troy Built Models custom colors. I was a little concerned about the colors because I have not seen anyone with it yet. I will post pictures in a few minutes. I plan a fair amount of customizing to the finish. I'm not in a great rush to build it. I have a new last year Extreme Flight Extra 300 that I'm flying now and a GP Ultimate about ready to go. I do want to get the mods to the finish completed ASAP. I will post pics. No damaged to the kit from shipping, amazing packing. The quality is the best I have seen in an ARF! I got tons of good info from this forum, thanks everyone.
Well you can see from my previous post that it has been 4 years since I received my kit, this Sbach was a backup for my Extremeflight Extra 300. With well over 100 gal of gas through the Extra it waved Bye Bye so I had to finish building the Sbach. I removed the original covering and re-finished it . It has a complete rebuild DLE 55 with EME can turns Falcon 24X8 BW 6700 rpm rich. I have about 6 flights on it so far. After flying the Extra so much I have to get adapted to it's feel. I love the Extra so the Sbach has big shoes to fill. I moved the rudder servo to the rear with push pull links. mounted the batteries on the rudder tray it balanced on the back edge of the wing tube, flew ok for 3D flying, not what I wanted so I started moving the bats forward ended up with them in the pockets in front of the fuel tank. On a 45 it holds to the top of the box then starts leveling out, just what I like. In level flight It will fly rudder turns with just a little back pressure on elev. KE requires the same slight back pressure. When the CG was back at the edge of the tube I could fly perfect KE circles with only rudder input! No aileron diff is needed rolls are perfect with equal throws so far. And like everyone says "it floats". I haven't had dead calm wind yet but stalls are very soft with no apparent break. Landings are a non event just lower throttle hold a little back pressure and steer it around the patch point it towards the runway and wait, one foot off the deck pull a little back pressure for perfect two pointer or pull a tad more for three pointer NICE. If I can get as much flying out of this plane as I did my Extremeflight Extra I will be happy.
CropDuster is offline Find More Posts by CropDuster

Quick Reply