Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
At least he gets to have an avatar like that. I had to change mine cause some sour puss (not naming any names ) couldn't handle it. Lol
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Find More Posts by mbacosa
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined May 2008
2,094 Posts
I'm not a big 3d flyer but when I see threads like this I begin to think that we are pushing these airframes past the limits. There is only so much stress an airframe can handle. I think that if someone is going to perform these kinds of high G, high stress maneuvers that they assume the liability when there is a structural failure as a result.
mbacosa is offline Find More Posts by mbacosa
Old 06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by sk8rob
3D Wanna Be
Oahu, Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
ding ding ding. It seems you have some vendetta against 3DHS now. Either way, sorry for the loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
How'd you guess?...was it the two threads about this crash?...or the avatar?
two threads here, plus the crash & burn thread, rcg 74 thread....nah...he's all good
sk8rob is offline Find More Posts by sk8rob
Old 06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by JackRC
JR = Jack the Ripper
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
I must say that I am tire of seeing people get roasted for giving others a heads up on 3DHS threads.

Quote from other thread: "Learning about, and preventing, potential issues is one of the things that makes FlyingGiant or RCG a great tool"

Quote:
ding ding ding. It seems you have some vendetta against 3DHS now. Either way, sorry for the loss.
JackRC is offline Find More Posts by JackRC
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob View Post
two threads here, plus the crash & burn thread, rcg 74 thread....nah...he's all good
it just keep getting better
Old 06-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRC View Post
I must say that I am tire of seeing people get roasted for giving others a heads up on 3DHS threads.

Learning about, and preventing, potential issues is one of the things that makes FlyingGiant or RCG a great tool.

I think I would agree whole heatedly with that comment. Here is a guy thats had two failures from the same company and must have gone about things the right way and through proper channels after the first instance to be able to receive a free second plane which also failed causing him to lose a substantial investment on top of the model.
He comes on here and voices his concerns and complain in what I have seen as being presented in a matter of fact and none confrontational way ......not argumentative of rubbishing the company he bought the product. .....but to some this is deemed as being out of line.

Far be it for anyone to criticize a popular product simply because it happens to fall in line with popular appraisal and to do otherwise is rubbing things up the wrong way.

If there were more objective reports on user findings instead of veritable favoritism blinding issues which others would find important.......many of us may be in a position to make a more informed purchase instead of suck it and see. just because it has a 'name' behind it. Good for you Jack on what your doing without which I wouldn't have known of this problem.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
thanks for your voice up.

I am just glad that nobody was hurt with these two incidents. I had a nighmare couple nights back that my daughter was with me when the plane crash. And I don't want to say more because it's my worst nightmare so far.

thank you everyone for watching and fly low, but keep it safe !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
I think I would agree whole heatedly with that comment. Here is a guy thats had two failures from the same company and must have gone about things the right way and through proper channels after the first instance to be able to receive a free second plane which also failed causing him to lose a substantial investment on top of the model.
He comes on here and voices his concerns and complain in what I have seen as being presented in a matter of fact and none confrontational way ......not argumentative of rubbishing the company he bought the product. .....but to some this is deemed as being out of line.

Far be it for anyone to criticize a popular product simply because it happens to fall in line with popular appraisal and to do otherwise is rubbing things up the wrong way.

If there were more objective reports on user findings instead of veritable favoritism blinding issues which others would find important.......many of us may be in a position to make a more informed purchase instead of suck it and see. just because it has a 'name' behind it. Good for you Jack on what your doing without which I wouldn't have known of this problem.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,287 Posts
I'm with pete and jack. Even if it is not a widespread issue, he has every right to say it here. He's not bashing, just telling a story of his experience. I know 3dhs planes are tough, but hey if he has a problem, he has a problem.

If this was no name china arf inc.'s plane, we would be all over it. We shouldn't discount his personal experiences just based off brands.

Best of luck to you all. Push planes to the limit. As long as your safe about it, wring em out hard!
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by husker
Riley O'Brien
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2008
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post

The brand has nothing to do with it. Id feel the same way about someone starting this many threads for any product.

In the last few years have had structural failures on a couple aeroworks planes, a hanger 9, a wild hare...witnessed several others with other brands. Numerous engine qc issues.

I have started 0 complaint threads...err "learnin" threads.

What I also find strange is that he swears off 3dhs in favor of extreme flight...which is dang near the same thing.
husker is offline Find More Posts by husker
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
The brand has nothing to do with it. Id feel the same way about someone starting this many threads for any product.

In the last few years have had structural failures on a couple aeroworks planes, a hanger 9, a wild hare...witnessed several others with other brands. Numerous engine qc issues.

I have started 0 complaint threads...err "learnin" threads.

What I also find strange is that he swears off 3dhs in favor of extreme flight...which is dang near the same thing.

Well I disagree with anyone not posting 'some' feedback on a product that has failed during normal use in favor of telling us how brilliant it is and how wonderful life has become for them since using it. I find that somewhat selfish and misleading in a way and could result in someone else wasting their money. Sure it could be a one off incident but then.......What purpose does the forum serve when all you read is positives on a product? There's no harm in voicing objective comments if they are valid providing its done honestly and without trying pick a fight which Jack has done so. I tried it once and got a similar defensive response from fanboys who couldn't simply accept that my views where my own. He's allowed an opinion and its good he feels it worth saying in several threads if it helps others. There are plenty of garbage threads on here that have less than zero value and worthless toward RC betterment.

I will agree his change to another brand is a little odd if he thinks the grass will be greener. I consider all ARF's to be low quality structures no matter how pretty they are finished off or how well they fly. One look inside their structures at the materials is enough to tell the story on its own. These things need a thorough going over before taking to the air regardless of what company stands behind them .....they are all made in the same place using the same materials and practices.

Bout time we had some honesty here without each quadrant of fans or product supporters coming from under their rock to speak highly about their chosen brand whenever a thread is started and then recede into the mist when its all over.,
Last edited by MODE 1; 06-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jan 2006
3,557 Posts
Look, he hasn't even contacted 3DHS directly. If you go to their website, they're out for the Fly Low In, in MO, and won't be back till tomorrow. I'm all for dissemination of information, but this is more than just that.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old 06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Calm down pal.
I dont know what actions he's taken.
Tell us what you know about the failure.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
I did, when I sent email to Rob last Thursday, I also include info@3dhobbyshop.com !!!!

and I don't understand why you still want me to contact 3DHS?
I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FROM 3DHS ANYMORE !!!

Quote:
Look, he hasn't even contacted 3DHS directly. If you go to their website, they're out for the Fly Low In, in MO, and won't be back till tomorrow. I'm all for dissemination of information, but this is more than just that.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Closet Jesus Freak
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jan 2006
3,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRC View Post
I did, when I sent email to Rob last Thursday, I also include info@3dhobbyshop.com !!!!

and I don't understand why you still want me to contact 3DHS?
I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FROM 3DHS ANYMORE !!!
I think we now know who needs to calm down then . Did you read what I said when I posted that they're gone this week? Rob IS NOT part of 3DHS. He is a 3DHS re-seller (ADC Hobby), but he is NOT 3DHS. I understand you're upset, but it's becoming more clear that this is more about venting other than FYI for others. Sorry to hear that.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
JR = Jack the Ripper
Joined Jul 2011
533 Posts
It's all good man, piece!

you still my hero, your tutorial gave me lot of inspiration. I thank you for that.

Quote:
I think we now know who needs to calm down then . Did you read what I said when I posted that they're gone this week? Rob IS NOT part of 3DHS. He is a 3DHS re-seller (ADC Hobby), but he is NOT 3DHS. I understand you're upset, but it's becoming more clear that this is more about venting other than FYI for others. Sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply