logo
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by flyguy2
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylieruneyjr View Post
I will keep buying their servos. Call me crazy, but I like features and will continue purchase Hitec Products.

Okay Mike send me some free Stuff, And a couple of big stickers for my plane.
Your cheez has slid clean of your cracker .....
flyguy2 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy2
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old 06-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
I feel your pain.

Do these servos work when you have a Hitec TX, RX, Servos ?
YES I used the A9 too.

Quote:
I feel your pain.

Do they have these problems when you use a HV, 8.4 volt regulated supply ?

They jitter at 6v and it increases with the voltage 6.5v or 7.4v regulated or not.

?
Quote:
I feel your pain.

Have you tried a ubiquitous 7 cell car pack ~ 8.4 volts.

?
No, why????

Quote:
I feel your pain.

Can you program back the deadband ? Hitec used to ship with a 5 micro-sec deadband.
?
BD setting makes no difference . I have set it at 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 same bad jittering issue.

Quote:
I feel your pain.

Everything including pots wears out. If they are continuously jittering (and occasionally glitching), the pots aren't going to last long.

?
Mine don't glitch. I have signal voltage boosters I spent $100 on to fix this issue. I cant seem to stop the jitter from coming back to wreck the servos.

Quote:

flyguy2;

Are the servos glitching or is the receiver glitching ?
I have used 3 different receivers, changed power boxes , leads . tested them on short leads with the Hitec A9, I even plugged them up to my other planes that are known NOT to ever have an issue. ITS THE SERVOS WITH OUT A DOUBT.
When I got Hitec to fix the jittering the first time it wasn't long before it came back.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefcisco View Post
Nah, I won't call you crazy because I like features too.. That's why I bought the 7950s in the first place.. Hitec really seemed to be doing LOTs of innovative stuff with the A9, and magnetic encoders and brushless motors for servos, etc. I wasn't too concerned that there were some early problems but it's now a year later and I honestly can't see that they have done anything to fix these problems.. They seem to be coming out with one service bulletin after the other but they don't offer any solutions for the problems that their customers are having.

Any manufacturer can have problems but it's how they deal with them that is important to me. Hitec just seems to be charging on to the next product so they can get the next guys money and aren't supporting existing customers. I think Hitec's response to these issues is just plain shameful. No matter how innovative their products are or what new features they provide if they won't stand behind those products then they are just worthless as far as I'm concerned...
OK , lets stand back and look at this.

1) Hitec sponsored pilot one year ago says they had a problem with the pots. And his 7950s jitter too.

2) Hitec admits jitter as a known and observed ISSUE . However we all know the service bulletin is glistening with a very heavy sugar coating. It totally neglects the fact that jitter DEVELOPS over time and is NOT present from the start pointing to premature wear of an internal component.

3) Hitec services 7950s regularly that need new center cases and amps that are reported to have bad jitter . They are fully aware this jittering issue is causing a cascading domino effect of self destruction inside the servo.

4) Myself and many others continue to have this bad jitter return in the serviced servos within 30 flights.

My opinion is Hitec knows exactly what the root cause of the jitter is . Are they going to do anything about it? Yes, they will just come out with a new servo and discontinue the 7950th so they don't have to service them anymore.

When they phaseout a servo they no longer service them . Try to get a 5955 serviced. They tell you they have been phaseout for the 7955.
Only difference is the 5955 was the most reliable servo I have ever used.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Its great to be alive!
United States, OH, Norwalk
Joined Mar 2008
1,563 Posts
5985's were great servos also..
Wayne's World is offline Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
RC Enthusiast
United States, WI, West Bend
Joined Jan 2006
8,340 Posts
Just try and get an old HFP-10 or 20 programmer serviced. They'll just try to sell you a new one at a discount ...with a plastic case. And you won't get your nice old aluminum case back. They keep it.
JoeAirPort is offline Find More Posts by JoeAirPort
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan185 View Post
5985's were great servos also..
Other wise known as 5945s originally. I am a big Hitec fan that goes WAY back!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Find More Posts by LawnJockey
cuttin the grass with balsa
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jan 2006
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy2 View Post
Other wise known as 5945s originally. I am a big Hitec fan that goes WAY back!
I still use the 5945 and the 5955. Best servos ever
LawnJockey is offline Find More Posts by LawnJockey
Old 06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
RUTNBUC
United States, SC, McClellanville
Joined Sep 2008
2,747 Posts
Do I sense some loyalty ?
wylieruneyjr is offline Find More Posts by wylieruneyjr
Old 06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by wfield0455
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined Oct 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
I've used many 5955s and 5985s over the years and still have a couple of airframes flying with them. Great servos in my experience. Because of my great experience with these servos I HIGHLY recommended Hitec servos to anyone that asked me about them so at least in my case there is a pretty long history of loyalty to Hitec servos.. Unfortunately they recently came out with a slew of half baked products that are having problems and they aren't stepping up to fix these problems.. I don't know if it is because their engineers are too incompetent to root cause these problems or Hitec's management figures they've got our money so they don't care, both possibilities stink.

So does going from highly recommending their servos to wanting to hold them accountable for shipping a product that essentially doesn't work for a significant number of their customers make me a "fair weather friend"? I don't think so. If a manufacturer doesn't reward customer loyalty with excellent customer service they they aren't deserving of any loyalty. Ignoring the problems their customers are having certainly isn't good customer service...

I guess I have to admire your loyalty and you certainly seem to have more faith in Hitec than I do at this point. I sincerely hope that they don't eventually disappoint you too.
wfield0455 is online now Find More Posts by wfield0455
Old 06-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
682 Posts
The parameters on post #19 center screen will be different for nominal voltages used: 5,6,7,8, etc.

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...t=61884&page=2

The servo really needs to be programmed for the voltage used. The fact that signal boosters fixed the glitching with long wires indicates that the part of the servo chip that does the feedback loop is not voltage regulated. So the signal 3.5/8.4 looks smaller and gets confused when the voltage dips when the motor turns on:

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

The voltage is probably dropping 1.5~2 volts for milliseconds.

So I suspect the HV servo is just a regular servo with a HV motor. Not optimised for HV at all and certainly not for a range of voltages. If you can't get to the parameters needed with the 7950 programmer, you're screwed.

How many different servo manufacturers are there really ? Hitec, JR, MKS, Savox can't all be separate.
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Old 06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
so far yes....but we'll have to see......... all that could change....

My patience is very thin right now. I have fought this reoccurring jitter issue for over a year now. Hitec temporally fixes them and it takes 7 weeks. They have really gone down hill.....

I have spent 5k on Hitec servos in the past 8 years and recommended them to every one. Now I wouldn't recommend them to anyone...At least not at this current time.
Last edited by flyguy2; 06-15-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by plane
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy2 View Post
Hitec temporally fixes them and it takes 7 weeks. They have really gone down hill.....
Flyguy, is that how long the turnaround time is on getting them serviced each time?
plane is offline Find More Posts by plane
Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by drewbags
Norwich, UK
Joined Mar 2006
502 Posts
It's a shame that the 7950s are not meeting peoples expectations. I've used a lot of Hitec servos over the last few years and have been very happy with them, especially the 5955s and latterly the 7955s. My original 5955s in my EF YAK are 4 years old with so many flights I've lost count and yet they still center exactly and perform flawlessly. I have a few 7950s and have notice some jitters, especially in a pull-pull setup, but not as bad as some are seeing; I'm running A123s.

Seems Hitec need to revisit the HV side of their servos?
drewbags is offline Find More Posts by drewbags
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
Flyguy, is that how long the turnaround time is on getting them serviced each time?
It was for me.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by Four Stroker
Joined Jan 2008
682 Posts
I found an old article from the 70's when IC servos first started appearing. It refers to false triggering from the motor to the IC. Same result you are seeing - gittering. This could be a difficult problem for Hitec. It might be inherent in the IC / Motor combination. Back then, the manuacturer was sorting motors to find the ones that would work.
Four Stroker is offline Find More Posts by Four Stroker

Quick Reply