logo
Old 04-16-2015, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Multi Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Dec 2007
10,875 Posts
It will work, biggest issue is drying time. Some WD-40 or similar on the pivot will keep it from drying and gumming up the hinge
BarracudaHockey is offline Find More Posts by BarracudaHockey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 04-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by John Schroder
Clover Creek Aerodrome
Toone TN
Joined Jul 2006
377 Posts
I recieved some "Model Matrix" to review.
The product worked as advertised but,,
I found it a bit cumbersome to use. It comes in wide mouth containers and you have to scoop out equal parts. You have to use different scoops for each or you will contaminate the product.
I wasn't very accurate getting equal amounts but the product still worked. Cure time was fast, maybe ten minutes, and it did not sag or run. When cured, it was very hard and easy to sand.
We will be repairing an all composite plane this summer and we will use this product a lot.
I think if this product came in plunger type dispensers it would be unbeatable!

see you soon,
John
John Schroder is offline Find More Posts by John Schroder
Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by Erik Steinbring
Joined May 2013
41 Posts
John,

Thank you for the review of the Model Matrix. We have tried numerous times to get a syringe type of packaging however due to the viscosity of the product it is impossible to push it out and thru a mixing nozzle. We have submitted numerous samples to the manufactures of those systems and to this day they still cannot get it to work. I have heard of some customers mixing the two components then quickly packing it into a big turkey injection syringe and are dispensing it that way.

As for having to use two mixing sticks, most do that but the Stainless Steel palate mixing knives we sell or you can buy at Hobby Lobby (in the oil painting section) work fantastic. You only need one, just scoop out the material from one container then quickly wipe the knife clean with a paper towel then scoop from the other container and mix the two together.
Erik Steinbring is offline Find More Posts by Erik Steinbring
Old 04-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Find More Posts by jaydeetech
Are we there yet?
United States, OR, Damascus
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Steinbring View Post
If anyone decides to order any of our products through our cart, www.epogrip.com do not freak out at the shipping price! We will ship your order USPS and refund you the difference.

UPS is proud of their shipping rates for small residential parcels. We recognize this and will do everything possible to ship our materials as cheaply as possible to you.

Had we known we would have installed the USPS shipping module from the beginning.
Well timed post! I wanted to give Just Plane Clean a try, thought the price of the product was reasonable, but decided against ordering once I saw the shipping costs

I'll be ordering some today!
jaydeetech is offline Find More Posts by jaydeetech
Old 04-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Joined Dec 2007
2,457 Posts
Even though fairly busy now, I have started the process of reviewing the Clear Paste with a cowling repair. Thanks Erik for giving me the opportunity to try your product... I will post a full review when complete so that I can give a concise and to the point article.

Right now I am waiting for the first application to cure so that sanding may be possible...
littlecrankshaft is offline Find More Posts by littlecrankshaft
Old 04-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Bolio
Merida, Yucatan Mexico
Joined Jan 2006
153 Posts
Hi to all!!
I'm one of the sample user for EPOGRIP. Works great for gluing Robart hinges. I just repaired a broken rudder on my Yak and after a lot of work was able to pull the old hinges. The holes were a little bigger than before so I used Epogrip to glue them. Perfect for this application. Stays were is applied and never runs or sag inside of the rudder or towards the pin hinge.

A friend of mine has a Peak Models Slick and the cowl ring was becoming unglued. So we used Epogrip again and worked perfectly and I doubt that ring will ever become loose again!!!

Nice product but I also found a little cumbersome to mix but thats a minor problem.

Eric has great products and excellent service.
Keep doing it and thanks for sending me the sample.
Saludos.
Bolio is offline Find More Posts by Bolio
Old 04-17-2015, 02:19 AM
Find More Posts by hendj0
Joined Jun 2010
28 Posts
Hi Erik, In the next couple of days I will add my review once complete
hendj0 is offline Find More Posts by hendj0
Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Joined May 2013
41 Posts
I see from USPS tracking that the folks who did not receive their material have now. Hopefully they will post their input shortly.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by dmcquinn
USA, MO, Chesterfield
Joined Apr 2007
1,179 Posts
Yes, I received my epoxy Friday. I glued up some sample pieces today and will do some destructive tests tomorrow.
dmcquinn is offline Find More Posts by dmcquinn
Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
I received my EPO grip clear this weekend from Erik. I am looking forward to using in on my new Yak 55 build. I hope to use the product this weekend.

Thanks Erik
Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 2006
1,206 Posts
I use this EPO grip, as wall as the cleaner, and it is great stuff! Need to plan part application and clamping mechanisms because when it starts to set, it sets hot and fast. Jim
Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
Old 04-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2013
41 Posts
So while we are waiting for the review/reports from members, I am going to offer a EXCLUSIVE deal to Flying Giants members. This offer will not be advertised ANYWHERE else not even on our website.

Until May 15th I will put together a special kit called the "Flying Giants Epo-Grip Sampler" This kit will include the following 4 oz units of : #30 Paste, Clear Paste, Model Matrix and Just Plane Clean. If bought individually this kit would cost $41.50. "The Flying Giants Epo-Grip Sampler" price is $31.50 plus USPS shipping anywhere in the world.

PM me your contact information or email sales@epogrip.com you will be contacted by a representative. If you want to call your order in toll free 1-800-888-2467 M-F 9-5 EST. mention "Flying Giants Epo-Grip Sampler" so that everyone on is on the same page . Paypal, VISA & MC are accepted.
Last edited by Erik Steinbring; 04-24-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by bossana85
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Sep 2013
98 Posts
I received a sample of the -just plane clean- and it have to say that it works great. it really cuts through the oily residue and dirt great. It cleans without leaving a nasty residue behind. only complaint is that I am almost out

Anthony
bossana85 is offline Find More Posts by bossana85
Old 04-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by bemeson
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
I was sent the sample of the clear epoxy. I received it early last week. The epoxy came and immediately used it to build a small battery tray that I was going to use for my new Yak. I will say one thing is that the stuff stays were you put it. I love the fact that I did not have to constantly check back on the pieces to make sure they had no slipped. It dried clear and fairly quick. The mixture did develop a great deal of heat as it cured. After the glue cured I spent a great deal of time trying to rip the extra battery tray apart that I had built just for this purpose. One think I liked was the fact that the wood split and broke before the bond of the glue. It showed that it soaked into the wood and created a great bond. I plan to use it on some additional projects this week. I will post my result as soon as I am done.

Thanks
Brian
bemeson is offline Find More Posts by bemeson
Old 04-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Joined May 2013
41 Posts
Thank you to all my reviewers so far. There are quite a few who have not posted yet. However, I am certain they will in the near future.

For anyone going to Top Gun come by the Epo-Grip booth for a hands on demonstration of the products. I will be setting up Thursday afternoon and breaking down sometime on Sunday. Drop by and say hello if you are in the neighborhood.

Quick Reply