logo
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Mando is offline
Find More Posts by Mando
BLUEGRASS RULES
Mando's Avatar
Southern Illinois
Joined May 2006
117 Posts
Question
Regulator/ing. cutoff setup

Just double checking myself. Will you fellers tell me if I'm correct?

* Using SF failsafe pin/flag
* Battery to the Bat/switch connection on the Ing cutoff unit (unplugging at end of day)
* Ing connection from cutoff unit to SM regulator.
* Regulator output to Ing module.

Oh Yeah, powering with 2s lipo.

Thanks,
Steve.....
Mando is offline Find More Posts by Mando
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:00 AM
rrritchey is offline
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Super Contributor
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
399 Posts
Hi,
Yes you have it correct. The regulator should always connect directly to the ignition.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Mando is offline
Find More Posts by Mando
BLUEGRASS RULES
Mando's Avatar
Southern Illinois
Joined May 2006
117 Posts
Thanks Robert !!
Mando is offline Find More Posts by Mando
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Dahly is offline
Find More Posts by Dahly
Get'n Lower
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Hi,
Yes you have it correct. The regulator should always connect directly to the ignition.

Does this mean that powering the ignition cutoff with a switch that has a built in regulator is not acceptable. (2s lippo) to switch w/ regulator to smartfly module to ignition.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
airboss/oc is offline
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
fly inverted indoors
airboss/oc's Avatar
Joined Aug 2007
4,736 Posts
you guys are making this complicated
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Dahly is offline
Find More Posts by Dahly
Get'n Lower
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airboss/oc View Post
you guys are making this complicated
Sorry.

But I just came off of a very very bad experience with a different type of ignition cutoff -(type and manufacture will not be mentioned) and I want to get it right this time.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Wayne's World is offline
Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Its great to be alive!
Wayne's World's Avatar
United States, OH, Norwalk
Joined Mar 2008
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Sorry.

But I just came off of a very very bad experience with a different type of ignition cutoff -(type and manufacture will not be mentioned) and I want to get it right this time.
Bet it was a 42% product....Those things are junk
Wayne's World is offline Find More Posts by Wayne's World
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Dahly is offline
Find More Posts by Dahly
Get'n Lower
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne's World View Post
Bet it was a 42% product....Those things are junk
Nope. Good guess.

Saved the plane.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
airboss/oc is offline
Find More Posts by airboss/oc
fly inverted indoors
airboss/oc's Avatar
Joined Aug 2007
4,736 Posts
thats why only cut off I use is choke and throttle position.
airboss/oc is offline Find More Posts by airboss/oc
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 AM
rrritchey is offline
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Super Contributor
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Does this mean that powering the ignition cutoff with a switch that has a built in regulator is not acceptable. (2s lippo) to switch w/ regulator to smartfly module to ignition.
Depends on how the switch/regulator was designed by the manufacturer. When we come out with a regulated Cutoff receiver unit it will be OK to use as a switch. BTW, our Cutoff receivers only draw about 2mAH per Day out of your battery. I have left mine hooked up for 3 months with only a small drop on the battery. Still best to unplug if you know you will not fly for a month or more.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Huckin Chuck is offline
Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Registered User
Huckin Chuck's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2011
3,268 Posts
Ya may just be simpler to skip the switch Dahly. Thats what im doin, just use the "soft switch" capibility of the unit, and then unplug when im done for the day. So 2s LiPo -> SF Ign Kill -> reg -> ignition
Huckin Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Huckin Chuck
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Dahly is offline
Find More Posts by Dahly
Get'n Lower
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
Depends on how the switch/regulator was designed by the manufacturer. When we come out with a regulated Cutoff receiver unit it will be OK to use as a switch. BTW, our Cutoff receivers only draw about 2mAH per Day out of your battery. I have left mine hooked up for 3 months with only a small drop on the battery. Still best to unplug if you know you will not fly for a month or more.
Perfect!

Will be buying two very soon.

Is the regulated due out soon?
This would be ultimate solution for me!
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 AM
rrritchey is offline
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Super Contributor
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Perfect!

Will be buying two very soon.

Is the regulated due out soon?
This would be ultimate solution for me!
The regulated probably will not be out until the late spring, roughly around the time of Toledo.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Dahly is offline
Find More Posts by Dahly
Get'n Lower
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrritchey View Post
The regulated probably will not be out until the late spring, roughly around the time of Toledo.

Any updates on regulated version ?
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM
rrritchey is offline
Find More Posts by rrritchey
Super Contributor
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Sep 2006
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Any updates on regulated version ?
At the moment we are testing the dual-ignition version and expect to start testing the single ignition version soon. It will still be 8 weeks or so until we can get these into production. It takes 4-6 weeks to order printed circuit boards and components before we can even start assembly.
rrritchey is offline Find More Posts by rrritchey
Reply With Quote



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools