to remove ads between posts
Old 08-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by 3-d flyer
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Jan 2006
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubb View Post
This should be an enlightening point to some people. It clearly shows how disconnected and oblivious the FG leadership is to the Giant Scale community as well as modeling in general. This should be the biggest news on the site right now, instead most are clueless. #FGfail

This is a HUGE deal for model aviation and has generated lots of attention and praise on other sites and other social media. We have been enjoying behind the scenes pictures as well as commentary that normally would have been posted here, But the FG leadership have now driven away the knowledge base and the regular contributors from the site.

I was surprised myself what with all this regulation threats and whatnot, this was not front page news myself.... Kinda just bumped into it....
3-d flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3-d flyer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by skaluf
Champaign, IL
Joined Apr 2006
659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-d flyer View Post
I was surprised myself what with all this regulation threats and whatnot, this was not front page news myself.... Kinda just bumped into it....
We sent press releases to all of the modeling press. I was very surprised to not see a story of this significance picked up.d
skaluf is offline Find More Posts by skaluf
Old 08-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by funboy
Denver
Joined Aug 2006
4,622 Posts
Matt Chapman, sir, you are the man!
funboy is offline Find More Posts by funboy
Old 08-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by 3-d flyer
United States, TN, Chattanooga
Joined Jan 2006
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaluf View Post
We sent press releases to all of the modeling press. I was very surprised to not see a story of this significance picked up.d
Steve, thanks for sharing. I'm Jazzed to say the least that something like this is happening, a huge plus for our hobby...
Thanks to all involved! Can't wait to get back from Vac. And see the vids of this event... Sad I missed it this year, I'll be there next year, hopefully this will be done again!
3-d flyer is offline Find More Posts by 3-d flyer
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by dafarmer
Buy, Fly, Sell, Repeat. Ugh.
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2008
207 Posts
The powers to be here have so far failed at showing coverage/support for R/C at Kosh.

I thought the same thing about the live feed and the camera guy. From EAA facebook.

What you're seeing is a live feed of what the videographer on the balcony of the control towere is recording (primarily footage to be used for future highlights DVDs, etc.) . Sometimes it's highlights of the airshow, sometimes shots of crowds or the grounds, and sometimes you'll see other random views as he repositions the camera, exchanges lenses, etc. We are extraordinarily lucky to be able to get a videographer up on the outside of the control tower at all, not to mention the additional equipment needed to provide the live stream.
dafarmer is offline Find More Posts by dafarmer

Quick Reply