logo
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by RTS.readytosoar
Joined Dec 2008
320 Posts
Here is a few photos I think I may start a thread, never done that before. Its almost done.
RTS.readytosoar is offline Find More Posts by RTS.readytosoar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 07-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by IwataAir
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
Just fly it, if it crashes you know the risk was to high.
IwataAir is offline Find More Posts by IwataAir
Old 07-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by rboyer224
United States, TX, Bridge City
Joined Jul 2013
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS.readytosoar View Post
We should make a "new to you" model checklist for people getting into giant scale or whoever Call it the Flying Giants Purple Book

It started to rain so I ended up removeing all shrink tubeing from solder joints, all extensions. 2 cold joints on one pannel, only the shrink holding them together. + and - torn wires on just about every corner(the down side to useing cheap rock hard shrink tubeing.) Servo leads age, just a lite tug and on four of them all 3 wires just snapped with about 1mm of the metal plug attached. First time I have ever seen so many in one model.They are not the leads from the servo's. Cant really tell what brand , appear to be self crimped. I am haveing fun though. Feels good to work on something that is for me to fly. I told myself only 2 days of working on it and just fly it. This is the second day. I will post some pics if anyone cares.

Dan
Has anyone done this? I am looking for help on this very topic. Just purchased three used large scale planes and want to know the best way to set them up in my radio. There are multiple servos per surface, new receiver, new radio, new switches/batteries...... What's the best way to start? I'm guessing plugging all the servos in to the new receiver and turning it on is not the preferred method!!! Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
rboyer224 is offline Find More Posts by rboyer224
Old 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Shogun71
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Apr 2015
661 Posts
I have converted a 103" p47 from old school to new school. Rebuilt a lot from scratch, all new servos and electronics.

I just converted a 53" corsair to electric. Each servo, connection, glue joint was examined closely. Vertical stabilizer re-glued with thinned epoxy, made it like I built it.

Don't rush and waste your money in a crash!
Shogun71 is offline Find More Posts by Shogun71
Old 07-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38
Living the dream
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Oct 2007
6,511 Posts
When I've bought a used GS, I go through the entire thing.
One plane, I trusted the builder implicitly and flew the plane a couple times, but over this last winter, I completely rewired it more to my liking, such as using 20g wire versus 22g, different connectors, of course fresh battery packs, added some sound supression techniques to the baffling pieces, cleaned up the wire routes and connectors, etc

I'm not the best assembler, but I've been there done that and definitely have my preferred installation methods and hardware requirements. I factor that into the price I would have to pay for a used plane.

Be safe, strip it and redo to your liking
Cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by Cryhavoc38

Quick Reply