to remove ads between posts
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post

Over the years I've bought the following items I can still recall at a moments notice with which I consider rubbish, inadequate or over rated and not nearly as good as it was claimed and I wouldnt touch them they where given away free which amount to a fairly high expenditure.

DA 85

On those I listed I either gave them away or threw them away and accepted it as something to learn from. You should do the same. If nothings changed after 2 years and 290 pages. Nothing will. Put it down to life and move on.
Two things...I cannot completely agree nor disagree with your statements. No need for me to expound because my words would be only an opinion

Well, okay...I'll share because I may have misunderstood your intent. If I make a purchase in good faith that the product will deliver what has been advertised, at the very least I should have the right to take it up with the offending company. Now, if you are saying simply that this topic has been beat to death and it is time to make your choice and move on, I am on board with that thought. I posted a while back stating that this thread had basically run its course and not much of any value has been introduced in a while. Although, I do understand that folks need to vent when they feel they were ripped off. I did in a big way. Once I realized it fell on deaf ears, I pitched my servos in the trash and bought Savox. My solution is not for everybody BUT it worked for me

What did you not like about the DA 85? The reason I ask is that I have two that are (so far) running great. If you have something I need to watch out for, please share.

Thanks Mode,
Smacka
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by MODE 1
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Bill I dont want to talk about a DA engine in this thread. There is ample info about them in other threads to form an opinion or make a choice as I did. My message is simple and to the point. If you or anyone is unhappy with a product despite a reasonable amount of time and effort to correct the mistake and none is forth coming within that time frame. Then its time to sell up, dispose of or put up with the purchase. Those that have probs with their servos can either sell what work or phase them out over time.

Holding out in the hope some fix will appear after all this time and communication is futile. Are a few thousand bucks of spent earnings in the past really that big a deal to you? You don't have to replace them all at once if dissatisfied.

I'm not a very patient man on my best days, however I can only wonder how it makes sense to wait indefinitely for a fix from a company that has in reality a truly appalling support policy and an uncaring attitude to its customer once a purchase has been made.
If you can not see this and prefer to rationalize the events taken place on this thread in a more tolerant light because they repaired a plug or carried out some minor work on your servos in the past and returned it quickly which shares no similarities to the severity of the concerns here. Common sense has lost all meaning.
Those that hold onto this belief and can say this company offers a good service backup plan are either deluding themselves or have never encountered a situation that has caused questions to be asked.

This issue with the servos was a very good test of a companies abilities to look after its customers and its contingency plans in the event of. And from my chair I would say they have failed in every possible way.
MODE 1 is offline Find More Posts by MODE 1
Old 03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by Smacka
United States, PA, Ridgway
Joined Jun 2008
2,571 Posts
I am sure when you use the word "you" throughout your post, you are not referring to me...for if you are, then you truly have missed the boat and your impatience has failed you in a big way

I understand you not wanting to talk about the DA 85 in this thread. May I suggest that next time refrain from throwing a "grenade" in the middle of the floor, then claim you do not want to talk about it? My ex wife used to behave that way
Smacka is offline Find More Posts by Smacka
Old 03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Nope the term YOU was arbitrary not directed at yourself Bill.
No grenades thrown at all. I was merely pointing out I have lost money on many expensive items not only servos and I accept it as that. Posting without some idea of the items would not have exemplified the loss as much. The rest of my post still stands.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by ghoffman
United States, FL, Jupiter
Joined Nov 2009
11,566 Posts
DA and EF, are usually 2 of the very best, but of course, anything is possible.
ghoffman is online now Find More Posts by ghoffman
Old 03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooper View Post
I really just want a refund at this point.

it is surprising that a refund hasnt happened. you would think the refund would be money well spent money in their eyes. that way you don't post any more about them.
jamesrxx951 is online now Find More Posts by jamesrxx951
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Perhaps its admitting failure on their part by doing so. If one received a refund then everyone else will expect the same.
I would venture more users this season will inspect their servos closely and more will report faults occurring.

I wonder how many would tolerate a company that dragged its feet as badly as Hitec have on a product outside the hobby?
If your favorite engine, plane or something else took this long finding an acceptable and permanent resolve would you still hold on as long as you have?
Last edited by MODE 1; 03-11-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODE 1 View Post
Perhaps its admitting failure on their part by doing so. If one received a refund then everyone else will expect the same.

yes i thought of that also. but for PR and to end this thread you would think they would come up with the cash and try and count their lossess early.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4,715 Posts
Yes if it was contained to only a small few but what if the issue is global ..........becomes a big deal then. Financially so.
I posted once before when I asked a dealer in Europe if he had heard of problems with this servo brand he denied it so I tested the water and 2 out of 4 servos out the box where bad. That was enough for me. Companies are here for the customer not the other way round. This loyalty to a company mentality which often overshadows some customers vision makes no sense to me as does an inhuman patience level awaiting a fix. If they cant meet my needs I no longer deal with them. I dont consider it being harsh. I'm not there to do their research and testing for them until the get it right.

You wouldnt do it in industry circles if deliveries where late or not up to scratch. Why should out of hrs be any different.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by IwataAir
Joined Oct 2011
436 Posts
Depends if you believe there is a problem or not, if you believe everything you read in a forum you would not fly any engine, servo, plane, radio, esc, or helicopter for that matter.
IwataAir is offline Find More Posts by IwataAir
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM
IMAC NC ARD
Joined Jan 2009
11,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwataAir View Post
Depends if you believe there is a problem or not, if you believe everything you read in a forum you would not fly any engine, servo, plane, radio, esc, or helicopter for that matter.

i first hand noticed the problem. problem is i beleived the hype on hitecs website saying it was normal and wouldnt notice it in the air. my 7955's got so bad there was no way i could safely fly it again. sent them in to be fixed and hitec did have a good turn around time. they were better but still had issues. i will no longer use them again.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by Snooper
Suspended Account
United States, NY, New York
Joined Jan 2012
89 Posts
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...&postcount=198
Snooper is offline Find More Posts by Snooper
Reply With Quote  (Disabled) Quick reply to this message (Disabled)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Team Futaba
Joined Jan 2006
11,594 Posts
Return servos to HITEC before and got them back in no time. No problems here. But that was back with one 5955 I had and a 7955 I had. No problems with the latest servos.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old 03-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by sukjoon324
Korea
Joined Apr 2006
23 Posts
I just find out specialized rudder servo, hitec HS-7945SHR at secraft.net.
It's cool looking and does not stress wire tension directly to servo.
http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1237
sukjoon324 is offline Find More Posts by sukjoon324
Last edited by sukjoon324; 03-17-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply