Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Old 02-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by Steve 0h 82
Joined Sep 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
Over this last weekend I was excited to see that if I stayed on task this week I would be able to see this bird fly over the next weekend. So I got on the ball and call in an order of SWB 2" arms, fuel tubing and carbon fiber tubes to make my rudder linkage. I called this order in to Chief Aircraft on Tuesday which meant I should see my package Thursday. After the package did not arrive today (Friday) I called them to see where it was. I was then told that because of a dispute that accured a year ago, they would no longer accept orders from me. My big question was, why then was I able to place the order on Tuesday and not be told about this then? Also, why had no else called me to let me know by now? This is some of the same things that happened in the dispute. The dispute was over an 85 cc Raven from EG (not a small purchase for me) that was damaged and defective straight out of the box. There were many issues including: the add stated it came with a carbon fiber spinner and I received an aluminum spinner painted black with scratches, a damaged cowling, the wing tube socket was put in incorrectly making it so the wing tube would not go in, the fuselage stingers in the bottom where broken, where the turtle deck and the rudder met was bulged, the hinges on the elevators and ailerons where so misaligned that you could not move them to full deflection, and the bevels were so bad that it looked like a 4 year old had cut them. I my mind this was a lot of things wrong for a $699.00 item. I was told that it was made by EG in Germany and would be high quality, it was not. I put forth a big effort to work this out with Chief directly at first. When Dana the owner, became completely ignorant and uncooperative I had to take it to my bank to mediate the issue. His version of fixing the problem for me was to have me ship it back to him at a cost of $300 and then he would review it to see what he would do from there. He would not budge from this resolution even when I offered for him to just send me a new cowling and the correct spinner. Like I said ignorant and uncooperative. So in the end through bank mediation I paid the shipping to send back just the cowling and the spinner and Dana then sent me a new cowling and the correct spinner. This resolution is what I thought was a win for me and a bigger win for Dana because I still had to make all of the repairs to the plane. I enjoyed working with Steve at Chief because he really knows his products. I used to call and ask for him because I knew I would get all my questions answered and get the product I needed. I am not a person to air my grievances out in the cyber world. I like to leave issues in the past and move forward. Unfortunately Dana does not have that same view and I am going to tell everyone how he chooses to deal with customers and conduct his business. At this point my frustration level and disappointment is through the roof. I do not think there is anything Dana could do to rectify this. Even if he sent me his largest most expensive rc airplane for free I would not accept it.

So I am going to everything I can to find the part locally and stick with my goal of flying it this weekend. Cross your fingers!
Lets go back 14 months.
What Joe who's related Ken who's related to Kim don't tell you in his post. Joe also know as John, purchased an EG Raven 85cc from Chief Aircraft over a year ago. Joe received the Raven and called with a couple concerns, the wing tube didn't slide smoothly in the fuse tube, Joe said the cowl was damaged, it had the plywood ring delaminated from the perimeter, and the turtle deck towards the fin had a bump in it, we've never seen that on an ARF before, also the ailerons weren't glued and the supplied spinner wasn't carbon but rather aluminum.
Joe sent pictures, we offered to replace all of the "claimed" defects. In a phone conversation we elected to ask him to glue the hinges, glue the cowl ring and we would gladly send the rest, however that was totally unacceptable to Joe.
He was asked to return the model but rather he disputed it with his bank. About two weeks later Chief attempted to have UPS pick the plane up, however Joe would not release the plane, subsequently Joe lost his dispute.
Kim at the bank who I'm sure is related to Joe, also know as John called to advocate for Joe. Kim's request to Chief was to send parts to fit Joe's plane, since we had already earlier volunteered to send parts we agreed once again.
Kim in that conversation said, after we had offered to send the parts AGAIN, "if you don't send the parts, I'll dispute it again..."
once that was said I knew they're related, neither Kim or Joe listened to our first offer.
After this whole episode, our customer service manager decided that Joe AKA John be put on a "No sell" list, being that they did not want to talk to Ken either.
After over a year Joe placed an order for two arms for his plane, he apparently had someone coming to buy the plane, he called Steve and placed the order, Steve entered turned it over for processing and CS denied accepting the order due to his past history.
Ken contacts Steve to find out where his arms are, Steve tells Joe that CS blocked his order and there's nothing he can do.
Ken once again goes Ape S#$%!, Joe calls and starts screaming profanities just like Ken and since I'm so ignorant I hung up on Joe AKA John who's related to Kim and Ken. Joe calls back as Ken and repeats the dosage.

This is written for a 5 year old, Joe, John, Ken and Kim should understand, I should have said,

Joe's a Whiner, he lost his dispute after trying to "Have his cake and eat it to". Any business has the right to refuse service to customers that use irate screaming language and threaten it normal business relations, thats pretty much the rest of the story.

"Quoted from another Thread!"
Steve 0h 82 is offline Find More Posts by Steve 0h 82
Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Flyrcjoe’s work shop
United States, UT, Plain City
Joined Dec 2006
596 Posts
I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
Steve Jobs

There is good that comes from all things. It was after these dealing with Chief that I pulled a few projects out of the rafters including the drawings for this bird, and started to build. I was inspired to create my own happiness and find my true passion of building. I have truly enjoyed this creation and build, it has motivated me to continue on with my own projects. For this new chapter in my life I am grateful!
Joe Mitchell
flyrcjoe13 is offline Find More Posts by flyrcjoe13
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by jersdunz
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Joined Nov 2009
138 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AELM...WTHOK5cOkBpR8N
jersdunz is offline Find More Posts by jersdunz
Last edited by jersdunz; 02-21-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by takeitvertical
LAYTON,UT,USA
Joined May 2006
11 Posts
Very SWEET nice job Joe,Brent and Dave and every one else involved that plane is very kick ass your craftmenship is some of the best i have ever seen, i can't wait to see it out at the WAM field
takeitvertical is offline Find More Posts by takeitvertical
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by dbrford
Roy, Utah
Joined Jan 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcjoe13 View Post
I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
Steve Jobs

There is good that comes from all things. It was after these dealing with Chief that I pulled a few projects out of the rafters including the drawings for this bird, and started to build. I was inspired to create my own happiness and find my true passion of building. I have truly enjoyed this creation and build, it has motivated me to continue on with my own projects. For this new chapter in my life I am grateful!
Joe Mitchell
Don't sweat it Joe, there are plenty of other retailers that will take your money. Would suggest you edit out the earlier comment so that this build thread can be just that, doesn't need the drama. Hopefully Steve will as well but hard to say.

I really enjoyed this last weekend, was great to spend time with you, Nicole, and the girls....and Brent, Jeremy, and Kaden too, lol. Amazed at the workmanship that went into the build, absolutely awesome.
dbrford is offline Find More Posts by dbrford
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Joined Nov 2009
138 Posts
Just a few teaser pics of where the trim scheme is headed.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by lakerider8
Fast Planes,Sleds,and Boats.
Clinton,Iowa
Joined Dec 2009
1,222 Posts
A flying FORD
lakerider8 is offline Find More Posts by lakerider8
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by Richard D
Joined Jun 2009
47 Posts
Nice Joe, BTW I did some more looking into the 222 and found out how the crank is connected between the two. Next time we chat on the phone I will fill you in about it.
Richard D is offline Find More Posts by Richard D
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Joined Nov 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D View Post
Nice Joe, BTW I did some more looking into the 222 and found out how the crank is connected between the two. Next time we chat on the phone I will fill you in about it.
Do I sense a 120cc 4 cylinder in the near future? Because that would be awesome..
Old 02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by jaredge
Syracuse, Ut
Joined Jan 2006
158 Posts
Ford, Harley, what scheme next??????

So, when is the BIG ONE gonna git dun?

Wish I could go to ST George with you guys, post pics and vids
jaredge is offline Find More Posts by jaredge
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by T_Simatovic
Team Horizon
United States, GA, Smyrna
Joined Jan 2010
3,889 Posts
coughchevychough LOL Looks amazing!!!!!!! Im really liking these curves it posesses! Congratz!
T_Simatovic is offline Find More Posts by T_Simatovic
Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Find More Posts by vmceachern
You can't fix STUPID
Texas City, Tx
Joined Dec 2008
4,505 Posts
Kinda like an exit sign over a locked door?
vmceachern is offline Find More Posts by vmceachern
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Joined Aug 2011
2,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomascratchbuild View Post
coughchevychough LOL Looks amazing!!!!!!! Im really liking these curves it posesses! Congratz!
Only a pansy wears a bowtie.
BalsaDust is offline Find More Posts by BalsaDust
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Joined Nov 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmceachern View Post
Kinda like an exit sign over a locked door?
Well, I guess if you have to have an example to think outside the box.?
I can't speak for anybody but myself but I like to see Birds trimmed out different than the average airshow has to offer.

My latest Idea was to look up some random Drug like Advare or some silly thing, And post the 2 benefits, and the 25 side effects in random places..lol I guess I should build a new plane to try it out.. only down side is Joe has these two awesome little girls that just have to come out when we fly so I can't get all offensive with my creativity.

Quick Reply