Welcome to The FlyingGiants! - please login or click this bar to join our community...

Welcome to The FlyingGiants Community! We're all about fun, and inside you'll find the greatest, friendliest, and most helpful group of people around! If this is your first time visiting, please check out site, and click here to sign up! We hope to see you soon!!

Go Back   FlyingGiants > Competition Corner > IMAC By Region > Northwest
Forgot your password? Create a new account

Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #1081
castlebravo
It's the Summer Of George

Quote: Originally Posted by djmille
View Post
Dohh !!!; I had planned on going. Only 9 flights on the new plane and "BANG" the whole front of the engine blows apart. Have fun, and I hope to be back in the air for Zillah.
-DM
Damn Darin.....if it weren't for bad luck......you'd have no luck at all!!!!
Gonna miss ya down there!

CB
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1082
djmille
80's ROCK RULES

Quote: Originally Posted by castlebravo
View Post
Damn Darin.....if it weren't for bad luck......you'd have no luck at all!!!!
Gonna miss ya down there!
CB
I was very much looking forward to Medford; It's a bummer. As far as luck; well, I've been through it all. I don't much care what happens to model airplanes as long as they are not drawing blood from anybody.

-D

You can take an airplane away from a guy, but you will never take that guy away from an airplane.
djmille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #1083
djmille
80's ROCK RULES

Quote: Originally Posted by harv
View Post
THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PLANE! :O :O :O. KERRBANG!!
harv, was that at Molalla 2010?
If this happened at a contest, I would gladly borrow an engine from the Burghad storage facility and break out the best looking tape for the cowl

You can take an airplane away from a guy, but you will never take that guy away from an airplane.
djmille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #1084
harv
it wont go any lower

Yeah. same thing. Mine went through the cowling as well. just obliterated it. Worse part was i cant that color cowling anymore. thanks to bill burgad i was able to get through the contest. Plus credit to mike V for helpin me fix it. old t shirt peices are great alternative to fiberglass. hahahaha
harv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #1085
Henry Piorun
Old time pattern dude

Quote: Originally Posted by Hydroguy
View Post
Hi Henry
I saw that you were registered at Medford. Are you going for sure? I will go if you go.

Dave Villwock
Hi Dave
No, turns out I'm not going, I wanted to but I'm having some work done on my truck and I need to get the water system fixed in my trailer. The next contest you can beat up on me is the Borderline blitz.
Henry Piorun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #1086
Hydroguy
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Piorun
View Post
Hi Dave
No, turns out I'm not going, I wanted to but I'm having some work done on my truck and I need to get the water system fixed in my trailer. The next contest you can beat up on me is the Borderline blitz.
Sorry to hear that. I am planning on flying my new H9 Suk. On the bright side, another guy signed up yesterday that may beat up on me.
Hydroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #1087
Hydroguy
Flyin' Around

Quote: Originally Posted by helivflyer
View Post
Dave, I will not be making it to Medford, it is a 13 hour trip from here. I can be in Tucson in 14 hours. I plan on being at Zillah. You can beat me there if you like.
Michael
Thanks Mike, You guys are a long way out there and travel a lot. We will miss seeing you guys.
Hydroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #1088
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Piorun
View Post
Hi Dave
Why don't you get that sucker lifted while you're at it !!

Major_Smackdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #1089
Lenz RC
3-D in my blood

Darin that happened to me last year as well. I got lucky it was a clean break doing a outside loop. I lost the prop and spinner in the field across the water at Cascade . I got the plane down ok . This weekend I am going to Zillah Big Bird open to get it in the air with the new crank -rebuild.
Attached Thumbnails
  • Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01191.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	460150 61.4 KB · Views: 51

Lenz RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #1090
RoughLandin
Super Contributor

Quote: Originally Posted by Lenz RC
View Post
Darin that happened to me last year as well. I got lucky it was a clean break doing a outside loop. I lost the prop and spinner in the field across the water at Cascade . I got the plane down ok . This weekend I am going to Zillah Big Bird open to get it in the air with the new crank -rebuild.
Steve! We missed you at Polar Bear.
http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/
RoughLandin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #1091
Lenz RC
3-D in my blood

Thanks Brian congratulations with the event. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then Ha HA . I missed going there and all the hobnobbing. I am printing the 2012 Sportsman Knowns now and hope to get to practice them this weekend. I will be making a stop at Red Apple flyers on Fri to get the Raven it the air on the way to Zillah Big Bird open event .
Lenz RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #1092
Cooper 1
TEAM EXTREME WANNABE

Hey guys
Ken Simmons and myself will be holding an IMAC clinic for those in the Boise area who are intrested.
It will be at the Parma club, where the Black Sheep IMAC contest will be held later this year, on this Sunday starting at 11 am. We will heip with some coaching and demonstrations, and just have a good time...PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks
Tim Cooper
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #1093
castlebravo

So far....things are hopping down here at Medford!......Glad I got here last night....got a primo parkin spot down at the swamp end of the field...LOL! Actually it was my choice so I didnt disturb the generator "challenged". Looks like we got some fine weather on tap.....got some mediocre practice in today......looks like I got a 6th place solidified!

CB
Old 04-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #1094
Major_Smackdown
Best Seller On FG

Are they requiring a generator curfew as medford did last year ?
Major_Smackdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #1095
castlebravo

Quote: Originally Posted by Major_Smackdown
View Post
Are they requiring a generator curfew as medford did last year ?
Nobody said nothin 'bout that......but I did turn mine off at night. It was a great time....great contest! Very mellow......and the weather was PERFECT!

CB